Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Extinction Pre-Viewing PLOT discussion, speculation and eventual spoilers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand how clone Beckett retained the original's memories and personality. It makes no sense.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      That is cheap cop out if I have ever heard one
      yep it was but what else can we expect?

I'll say it since red no longer exist. Keller is 10x a better doctor then Beckett could ever hope to be

*runs out of thread*
      I liked keller, it's mckay I can't stand! but this is not the thread for that. As to SG:E...the extinction of mckeller is my ideal! but....I know that isn't going to happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        LOL, poor Keller, she gets no love at all.
        Not true.

I'll say it since red no longer exist. Keller is 10x a better doctor then Beckett could ever hope to be

*runs out of thread*
        Agreed.

*Draws blade*

Comment

OK... am I the only one who would be a lot happier if there was no "I want this character to die" or "this doctor is better than that one" in this thread? I'm personally glad "red" doesn't exist anymore, if that's the way it was used ( I like this character better than that character, so I'm "redding" you ).

Comment

Originally posted by Tinah View Post
            OK... am I the only one who would be a lot happier if there was no "I want this character to die" or "this doctor is better than that one" in this thread? I'm personally glad "red" doesn't exist anymore, if that's the way it was used ( I like this character better than that character, so I'm "redding" you ).
            I'm with you Tinah.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
              I don't understand how clone Beckett retained the original's memories and personality. It makes no sense.
              I know its sci-fi an all, but as a geneticist I'm so with you on this one! I just really wish clone Beckkett never happened. Nothing against Paul or the character it just took away from Sunday.

Comment

That is cheap cop out if I have ever heard one
                It's not even near the first one...

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                To be honest, it seemed like Beckett was cured when he came back in Whispers.

Were there any more mentions of him having to take Keller's drug over and over again after that?
                But didn't he only need to take it once a week? So we really wouldn't know... It was said that Michael gave it to him from time to time, I think? So we can only expect it to have gone on.

And apparently using our brain for such things still give us the false answer.

And then people wonder why we need everything spelled out for us. This is why.

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                I actually really liked the BSG ending. I did not like what happened with Starbuck, that was a little over the top with how that played out for my taste.
                We're only at around episode 9 over here, so shush!

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                I'm sooo glad Beckett will be in the movie. Maybe he'll get his old job back and Keller can go home and have babies and we never have to see her again.
                I'm not that happy with Beckett's return. I'm done with killing off characters and bringing them back for no reason at all. If you bring people back, bring them back logically.

*runs out of thread*
                Dare-y.

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                'Over the top'?? I thought it was actually very subtle (no explanation, just gone) and it was a nice exit for her. This 'loose cannon' had accomplished something great in life before she left. I liked it quite a bit.
                Geesh, thanks!

Must we go in it again how crazy it sounds that out everyone on Atlantis Beckett is 2nd most capable person to fly the city
                Oh, I haven't read that much about that yet, so please do!

No sense at all...

I think they're taking the easy way out of everything by now. EatG had such ridiculous bits in it! And since /they/ are writing the movie, it'll be no less in there as well! Urgh. I need to pay for that?

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                Only Michael knows.

And he ain't telling us yet.

Or that's what Joe once said... Aka you'll never know how it was done, cos we don't know.

It's one of those cheap things again.

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                I know its sci-fi an all, but as a geneticist I'm so with you on this one! I just really wish clone Beckkett never happened. Nothing against Paul or the character it just took away from Sunday.
                Me too. I just came online somewhere before Sunday, so by then I read he was gonna come back anyway, so Sunday did nothing for me. I also didn't like the format as much on that ep as let's say Tabula Rasa, was it?

After a season without him you kinda get over not having him around, and then they bring him back cheaply, poor Carson. I'd rather he be remembered for what he once was, what he once did, than bring him back and make him Super!Beckett now. They cheapen everything now.

No one is speculating about what'll happen Todd-wise in the movie?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

^ When Loki cloned O'Neill on SG-1's Fragile Balance, and the young clone retained O'Neill's memories and personality, it made sense cos we already knew the Asgard had tech that allowed them to download minds into brand new cloned bodies, but on SGA it was never suggested nor hinted that Michael possessed such technology.

It feels like most important aspects of SGA happened and are still happening off-screen due to these massive plot holes :-\
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree that SGA has some plot holes. Don't get me wrong, I liked SGA. It seems like its become the red-headed step child of the franchise. I hope the movie gets better treatment.
                    "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Great article here, nothing new but a great summery of the current situation:-

Further Delay for Stargate Movies?
                      http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/bl...argate-movies/

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                        Great article here, nothing new but a great summery of the current situation:-

Further Delay for Stargate Movies?
                        http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/bl...argate-movies/
                        From what JM said in his blog, and from what this article surmises, it sounds like the SGA movie is still in limbo - With no indication that it will soon be given the go ahead. It's nice that JM is still saying how much he still wants to make it, but the fact that MGM still hasn’t worked out their financial issues after 10 months (and with RL issues such as bad DVD sales and MGM debt still pertinent) it is sounding a little dismal to me. The longer this drags out it, it seems to me it is less and less likely the movie will ever be made. And that does make me very unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                          Oh, I haven't read that much about that yet, so please do!

No sense at all...

I think they're taking the easy way out of everything by now. EatG had such ridiculous bits in it! And since /they/ are writing the movie, it'll be no less in there as well! Urgh. I need to pay for that?
                          Its an ongoing arguement between me and Briangate about the apprioateness of Beckett flying Atlantis and shooting its drones. I think it would make a lot more sense for a military pilot for the ATA gene to use the chair. Major Lorne for example
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by EdenSG View Post
                            From what JM said in his blog, and from what this article surmises, it sounds like the SGA movie is still in limbo - With no indication that it will soon be given the go ahead. It's nice that JM is still saying how much he still wants to make it, but the fact that MGM still hasn’t worked out their financial issues after 10 months (and with RL issues such as bad DVD sales and MGM debt still pertinent) it is sounding a little dismal to me. The longer this drags out it, it seems to me it is less and less likely the movie will ever be made. And that does make me very unhappy.
                            WIth the way some of the Atlantis cast is speaking out against SGU like Joe did this might be the powers that be's way of giving them the finger & Atlantis is done

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post

It's just that Beckett was a part of the show from the start and really, he should have never left.
                              And his character was WAY more believable as a doctor. But it does look like he will be back for the movie, right? Didn't I read that on Joe's blog?
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                                WIth the way some of the Atlantis cast is speaking out against SGU like Joe did this might be the powers that be's way of giving them the finger & Atlantis is done
                                What members, and where, are speaking out against SGU? This is the first I've heard of it
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X