This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesgilfoyle View Post
    Update regarding the coordinated email and mail sending posted on StLC. Everything okay on there?
    Looks good to me, do we have sample emails to put up in case people need them?

Comment

Originally posted by shansgrl View Post
      Looks good to me, do we have sample emails to put up in case people need them?
      Ive thrown your one up on the forum, ill put a link on the notice now
      Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground. - Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jamesgilfoyle View Post
        Ive thrown your one up on the forum, ill put a link on the notice now
        Oh jeez, pressure's on now! For goodness sakes, check for spelling errors and grammar issues. The grammar thing is my biggest problem.

Comment

Oh, sorry I've been away so long! RL has been SO hectic! I probably won't be able to get here much over the next few days.

Originally posted by WolfenM View Post
          :blush: Thank you!! Not just for the compliment, but for your efforts on my behalf -- it saves me the hassle, when I've got an insane amount of prep to do for Dragon*Con ... XD

Which brings up my next idea, actually. You know how Degree deordorant advertises an insane amount on Sci Fi? Well, I just bought some today. And I'm going to send them my reciept with a note saying I bought the deodorant because of the ads on Sci Fi, and I will buy their product again if they push for SGA to be renewed. Maybe if enough of us do that -- especially those of you who buy it regulalry and save your receipts and have a bunch to send -- maybe they *will* support the show?
          Great idea!

Originally posted by Eyeofra View Post
          SamJackShipper93 you have a message.
          Thanks! Got it!

So I don't get it. Did we merge with the other thread? Our thread title's different and I couldn't find it under the general discussion page. Why did we merge with them. Sorry if it sounds a little shallow, but we were here first. That kinda ticks me off. Can anyone explain?
          sigpic
          The Return of King Arthur
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
            So I don't get it. Did we merge with the other thread? Our thread title's different and I couldn't find it under the general discussion page. Why did we merge with them. Sorry if it sounds a little shallow, but we were here first. That kinda ticks me off. Can anyone explain?
            The forums have undergone a bit of a restructure with the introduction of SGU. Checkout Darrens announcement for more details
            Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground. - Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shansgrl View Post
              If you would like to PM me links, I would be happy to contact the vidders and ask them to do that if you want. (I'm horrible with YouTube but I can use the message service thingie)
              Here's a person who seems to know about the group, but her video isn't in it yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zARQvLd-z2U

And her video is a perfect example of a vlog. Except she kinda goes off track...Oh and here's another good one that's not in the group: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEoKS...eature=related

Comment

I had a few thoughts, perhaps they will give inspiration or an idea to some of the people leading the campaign:

Time is tight. With each day that passes the odds of success dwindle. The closer Universe gets to air the farther any hope of Atlantis the series returning gets.

Pick your targets at MGM and Universal. Get everyone to write a letter to them AND email them (both) and if possible call as well. People don't write letters anymore--- it shows an effort. Perhaps even hand write the letters. These are the people you show respect to, appeal to and show your passion to.

Pick a target at a sponsor like Unilever and get everyone to do the same. Let them know that you appreciate their sponsorship in the past but obviously sciffy doesn't appreciate your viewership and value as a consumer.

In two days the majority of the US will have a 3 day holiday, make the stand that everyone should have letters in the mail box waiting to be picked up tuesday morning.

Pick your targets, ask people to invest a page of paper, an envelope and a stamp for each of them. NOW.

The window of opportunity is gonna be short on this.

Pick a stance to show to the media. Make it an angry stance. Make sure that they get the picture that the viewers are not amused by the condescending attitude and comments coming out of sciffy. The media has seen these "save our shows" campaigns before and there needs to be a new angle to get their interest.

Could that angle be "We're tired of sciffy crapping on the viewers and not caring about what we want. We're going to give them one chance to make this right and if not---- it's boycott and it's war." ?

The media need a hook to give any coverage to another 'sos' campaign or it's more of the same to them.

I don't mean any of this to come off like I am telling you what to do but just trying to help and suggest some ideas from outside the trenches.
                Last edited by MrTrent; 26 August 2008, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Here is something that is very important, this cancellation is not even a week old yet, there are a lot of fans out there that do not even know what has happened.

We need a huge amount of these fans to help, so we must get some publicity to help make all fans aware of what has happened.

To this end I have started a newspaper contact topic with 6 major newspapers and there contact info listed.

If we all send requests to them in the form of press releases for those that can write them, and here are some that all can do, letters to the editor, and human interest stories sent to the news dept and or entertainment sections of the papers. If they get enough fans sending them mail they will see a demand and start writing about it in there papers!

heres the contact info for the papers http://sosga.niceboards.net/saveours...ntacts-t26.htm

If you have a major paper in your area that the contact info is not yet posted there could you please ad it by posting it, email, snail mail address and phone #s Thanks scifinut007

In the mean time we also need to keep busy making our phone calls and sending letters and emails! To Both MGM & Scifi

Also we have the contacting the advertisers to get them to put pressure on MGM and Scifi, we have contact info and sample letters for the makers of Degree deoderant, and we should be contacting them too for info check out here http://sosga.niceboards.net/saveours...ntacts-t26.htm
                  Last edited by scifinut007; 26 August 2008, 08:48 PM.
                  Want More Atlantis? Call MGM 310-449-3000 Ask for Jeff Pryor or Charles E. Cohen
                  Click banner to go to site!

Comment

According to imdb it was voted 8.2/10, and they canceled it :O

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374455/

And According to Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_atlantis

[QUOTE] The fan response to the cancellation has been substantial, with Save the Lost City becoming the flagship website for the campaign to continue the series[3] A related petition has already received 7103 signatures, as of August 26, 2008[\QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron Atlantis View Post
                      According to imdb it was voted 8.2/10, and they canceled it :O

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374455/

And According to Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_atlantis

The fan response to the cancellation has been substantial, with Save the Lost City becoming the flagship website for the campaign to continue the series[3] A related petition has already received 7103 signatures, as of August 26, 2008
                      Cool... ok, so who put that in Wikipedia? C'mon, fess up! LOL You deserve kudos!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                        Cool... ok, so who put that in Wikipedia? C'mon, fess up! LOL You deserve kudos!
                        LOL!, yeah thank you Amalthea I am going to do the same to you

I don't know who put it up, I stumbled upon, it when I was trying to find out the contents for the next episode. Sorry

Comment

I doubt it(Universe) will do as well as the the first two, imo because if they are trying to attract the younger demographic don't they know that we are an aging world and population or did I miss something? we are getting older and I think the majority of the viewers are 20-40 year olds. Could someone help me with this or did I miss something

Comment

*fword* (love saying that) I'm so upset about this petition it should get atleast 14,000 signs by now if not more... I see the petition as the flag of every campaign cause it's the place where everybody can contribute even if they don't wanna email, send letters or do something else. The petition shows how many people are behind the call to keep the show aired.
                            : Darrell, Darrell The Dragon
                            : How About Smokey?
                            : Perhaps Puff

Comment

Originally posted by Benja View Post
                              *fword* (love saying that) I'm so upset about this petition it should get atleast 14,000 signs by now if not more... I see the petition as the flag of every campaign cause it's the place where everybody can contribute even if they don't wanna email, send letters or do something else. The petition shows how many people are behind the call to keep the show aired.
                              Like I said on the STLC forum:

Heck with the petition! Did the Jericho fans need a petition? No. They sent peanuts. And we're sending lemons! Online petitions hardly ever work! What works is our dedication, and our expression as a fan that counts. For all I care, a letter, an email, a video, or whatever, is a signature. That's our real petition.

There's no time to sit around complaining about this petition site. We need to focus on the campaign, on the letters, vlogs, emails, and all other forms of protest. When you complain about the petition site, you are showing weakness. We must not show weakness. We must be strong–like Ronon.

Would Ronon ever submit to the Wraith? No. Neither shall we submit to MGM and Scifi! x<

Comment

Originally posted by Benja View Post

Just to let you know, that some people might have signed on a different petition and currently the main petition is going under maintenance. Ok I hope this clears this up for you.I think some people might think that its a fake. Just google it and you will find about a few I think.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveSGA/

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveSGA/sign/

Comment

Working...
                                X