This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesgilfoyle View Post
    Cool! Will do that in a moment Ill put a post on the Front Page and contact all users about it

Oh, c'mon..can't you do it NOW?!?! I mean jeez, it's not like you have anything else to do.

Comment

Originally posted by scifinut007 View Post
      Well I have been calling and sending emails every day.

Today all the phone #s were answered by answering machines, I tried several different execs, I tried the # in my sig got a live person and ask for Jeff Pryor, was transferred and usually I get his secratary, but not today a recording saying to leave a message, I left one hung up called the # in my sig again, got a live person, I ask for another exec by name, I did this for 6 of the execs, all had answering machines today!

This looks like they are screening there calls, or they were in a specail meeting talking about all the fans that were calling in! , we are having and impact so lets keep those phone calls going it.

I did leave a polite boycott message if atlantis was not renewed.

I will define polite, I was very carful with the tone of my voice, to make sure I was calm and warm sounding, I avoided harsh or strong words, and simply stated that if we did not get Atlantis back I would no longer be buying any dvds of the stargate franchise, and I would also be cancelling the scifi channel.

I did leave a message on all 6 execs recorders that I got.

Keep the calls going in !!!
      Nice! Glad to hear your working hard, and passionately for the cause!
      Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground. - Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

We already are coordinating efforts Both site leaderships are having more or less daily meetings to ensure this, as well as keeping in touch via Email.
        But having 2 different forums will be confusing and divisive to the fan base, and our campaign effort.

Since your forum is new and only has a very few posts and not much info in it, could you see your self adding suport to the sosga forum, by simply having the word forum on your page take the fan to the established forum with all the masses of info that are already up and accessable there?

If you are willing to do this to unify and strentghen the camapaign you would need to check with the sosga's owners to see if they are ok with it, I bet they would be!

Thescifinut
        Want More Atlantis? Call MGM 310-449-3000 Ask for Jeff Pryor or Charles E. Cohen
        Click banner to go to site!

Comment

Originally posted by scifinut007 View Post
          But having 2 different forums will be confusing and divisive to the fan base, and our campaign effort.

Since your forum is new and only has a very few posts and not much info in it, could you see your self adding suport to the sosga forum, by simply having the word forum on your page take the fan to the established forum with all the masses of info that are already up and accessable there?

If you are willing to do this to unify and strentghen the camapaign you would need to check with the sosga's owners to see if they are ok with it, I bet they would be!

Thescifinut
          If thats how it is then we certainly need to stop posting here, dont we? I disagree that the forum needs to be closed.

sigpic

Comment

When its decided i'll throw it up on StLC and let people know
            Yes, when it is decided I will also post the info on my webbie too, see thy siggie.

Comment

I think with the site owners of both sites making sure that all the same information is posted on both sites, I don't think it's necessary to close anything down. If someone doesn't want to visit both sites, it shouldn't be a problem. Just pick the one that you feel more comfortable with and use that one. I visit both everyday (yeah, I'm not getting ANYTHING done at my house), and find that both are kept up to date with the same info. Anything new that comes on the forums that should be shared, has been I think, if not by the owners but by a poster. Both sites have worked very hard to work in tandem and I think they are doing a great job.

Just my 2 cents worth anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda fan View Post
                television is a business and Atlantis is not making the money that MGM would like so MGM decided to discontinue the show
                it was said i think in joe mallozzi's blog on wordpress that it was too expense to run two show like this. so the big boys got what they wanted (wright,cooper) and left us high and dry. but if you ask me battle stare is about to end and if they had or would wait one more yr. they would have that money and get rid of wrestling what in gods name is it doing on the sic fi channel any way?

Wright and Cooper where not the main writers of sga and they where board with sg1 and though up sgu and scene they are the big boys they got their way thats how i see how things went down. I could be wrong.
                Kanadra

Comment

Oo!
                  I've added a vid, and I think my skills have improved:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c5s98JG6xw
                  Or at least I hope.

And recently there's been vids flying 'round youtube that aren't in the sosga group. We should try and tell them to place it in the group.

Comment

Originally posted by FightforAtlantis View Post
                    Oo!
                    I've added a vid, and I think my skills have improved:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c5s98JG6xw
                    Or at least I hope.

And recently there's been vids flying 'round youtube that aren't in the sosga group. We should try and tell them to place it in the group.

If you would like to PM me links, I would be happy to contact the vidders and ask them to do that if you want. (I'm horrible with YouTube but I can use the message service thingie)

Comment

Oo thanks for the petition status stuff!

I think everyone already has access to those addresses through StLC, and SOSGA though

Thanks

no worries, I didn't know.

Comment

Well, if y'all really feel like you have to have two sites, then go for it. I happen to think it's excessive. It's nice that the sites are cooperating and sharing information, but it's duplicating work when that same energy could be shared out into doing further things for the campaign.

As for discussing it here, I consider this a basic place to find out where to go. I do not consider this a place to coordinate campaign efforts. That would take multiple threads which should all be in one place. I haven't been to either site yet. Maybe I'll start my own and consider coordinating with the other two sites.

Seriously. Why duplicate work instead of pooling resources to get MORE things done? Tell you what? I'll do my own thing and leave you guys to power trip yourselves into a failed campaign. Does that sound worthwhile to you? anyone?

I'm not visiting forums on both sites, and I have said what I felt needed saying on this thread. If I see that people are getting over themselves in trying to "run" the campaign, maybe I'll join in.

Unbelievable.
                        Em
                        Emerald
                        ~ Ninja Squirrel ~ Attack Squirrel ~
                        I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald01 View Post
                          Well, if y'all really feel like you have to have two sites, then go for it. I happen to think it's excessive. It's nice that the sites are cooperating and sharing information, but it's duplicating work when that same energy could be shared out into doing further things for the campaign.

As for discussing it here, I consider this a basic place to find out where to go. I do not consider this a place to coordinate campaign efforts. That would take multiple threads which should all be in one place. I haven't been to either site yet. Maybe I'll start my own and consider coordinating with the other two sites.

Seriously. Why duplicate work instead of pooling resources to get MORE things done? Tell you what? I'll do my own thing and leave you guys to power trip yourselves into a failed campaign. Does that sound worthwhile to you? anyone?

I'm not visiting forums on both sites, and I have said what I felt needed saying on this thread. If I see that people are getting over themselves in trying to "run" the campaign, maybe I'll join in.

Unbelievable.
                          Em
                          I think you will find, if you actually took a moment to visit the sites, that we are POOLING RESOURCES and CONCENTRATING on the campaign in very different ways. Both sites are working on differant strands of the campaign - for instance the 'Send Lemons' initiative at StLC and the 'Vlog' Initiative at SOSGA - and i feel that this way ONE site isnt stretched to do EVERYTHING which will lead to a more SUCCESSFULL campaign as we can therefore put EVERY effort into EVERY part of the campaign instead of being a preverbial 'Jack of all trades - Masters of none'... See what i mean?

Naming conditions on how you will join in?? Well - its your choice not to participate - and i fully respect that... something i find quite unbelievable for somebody who speaks so strongly about what needs to be done for a successful campaign.

Just my thoughts.

sigpic

Comment

I am not sure why they are making only 3 or 4 movies as stated by Mallozi in the topic below. This really sucks, I thing Stargate is best suited for Series not for Movies. The cast is so cool, just like SG-1, especially Mckay and Sheppard

Why can't they just make the series, if they want to do a series of movies, what is the point of having a series of movies . I guess money pays a big factor in this.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...lantisi_.shtml

Safe Hands ????, I don't believe that for a second, thats its in safe hands. thats why Sliders was canceled and Star Trek Enterprise Canceled and BSG (not a fan) Canceled and watch universe won't do that good, because according to bw it has very little sci fi and concentrates more on Character base and also it won't have guys like Mckay and O'Neil. Sci fi you get most of your money off re-runs, you buy the rights for the series and then has soon it starts to get really good they cancel the show and they sit on the rights and don't allow other stations to get the rights for the show.

"There's obviously a passionate audience for Atlantis and the characters of Atlantis," Howe said. "And yes, they're absolutely going to continue in the movie franchise. But people need to mourn for a while and come to terms with it. I don't anticipate that that will subside quickly. But once Universe is on air and they have kind of their next fix of the Stargate franchise, I think hopefully people will realize that it's in safe hands at SCI FI, that we really value this franchise and it's in our interest and the fans' interest to let us continue the story and figure out how to retell it for a new audience every few years."

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...r_istarg.shtml
                            Last edited by Chevron Atlantis; 26 August 2008, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Update regarding the coordinated email and mail sending posted on StLC. Everything okay on there?

sigpic

Comment

Unbelievable.
                                Em
                                Ya know... my momma once told me, "If ya don't have anything good to say, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL."

Opinions are great and all, but you have already stated your opinions once, and, after NOT doing some reading up on our efforts or checking our work, you proceed to bash us for having two websites instead of one. I encourage you to look at what we've already done, and check out the organization between the two sites. I think they've got something good goin here. And, instead of being negative and snarky, why not put off said negativity and lend a hand. We could use the help.
                                http://save-thelostcity.com/wp-conte.../save-sga2.jpg

One more MEMBER OF THE LANTEAN ARMY!

Comment

Working...
                                X