Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Stargate: Atlantis is cooler than Battlestar Galactica...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't like bsg either lol
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      McSwift: I don't watch BSG, but I agree with the most you wrote. But I would add: Cancel SGA, focus on SGU
      These posts are horrible.

You don't like it, guess what? There are millions of people who do! Seriously, it is very self centered

Comment

I love BSG, but they can't drag it out for ten years, even if the show itself is quite good. The story demands that they get somewhere eventually. It's the same thing with 'Lost'--a great idea for a 4-5 season arc, no more than that.
        SGA (and before it, SG1) are open ended in their storytelling because there are always more badguys out there in space, more places to explore.

Comment

No.

Although I have a hard time trusting Stargate TPTB and am still on gaurd for unhappieness while watching Atlantis based on what TPTB did to SG-1 it is still far far far FAR better then that useless whiney soap opera. I am actually suprised it took this long for BSG to get cancelled. I never doubted it would eventually, it just took longer then I expected.

I love scifi in general and really wanted to love BSG but even as far back as the miniseries I could tell there was something "wrong". Its just another artsy soap with a supposed "message". It plays like so much of the rest of the crp on network TV, which I guess in some ways explains why it took a while for it to get cancelled.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
            These posts are horrible.

You don't like it, guess what? There are millions of people who do! Seriously, it is very self centered

yes it is. But there are people who hated SG-1 and were happy about its cancellation
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Season 10 of SG1 and now Season 4 of Atlantis were/have been my favorites... and BSG jumped the shark somewhere in the second or third season I can't remember.

Whenever they started to pay more attention to the Cylons instead of the humans... that's when I quit paying attention.

Ace
              "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

It's apples and oranges. to me, I tried BSG, didn't like it, don't care if it goes. However, the decision to end it was done by the producers. They didn't want it out. So, there's the chacne of movies no doubt.

Meanwhile, there are anti-season threads for SGA you can do to and kevetch.

Comment

BSG causes herpes. Thats rite u heard it here first! And it kicks puppies. CUTE puppies. See? Compelling arguments ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                    Season 10 of SG1 and now Season 4 of Atlantis were/have been my favorites... and BSG jumped the shark somewhere in the second or third season I can't remember.

Whenever they started to pay more attention to the Cylons instead of the humans... that's when I quit paying attention.

Ace
                    See, I don't know when exactly you feel that BSG jumped the shark, but I know that for me it happened when a female villain was gang-raped by the crew of a spaceship - this was done as a plot device and to develop Baltar's character.

That's when the show lost me, and that's when I started looking back to see if the misogyny and sexism was obvious from the beginning, and I'm afraid it was, but I had just been too in love with the show to see it.

Maybe that's not what 'jumping the shark' is about, and maybe that's not enough for other people to give up on a show, but it's enough for me. Add to that various similar developments in the rest of Season 2, and I truly started to hate a show I once loved.

So don't even mention it in the same breath with any Stargate show - I see no reason for SGA to be cancelled: it's got great characters, a great plot, and is pulling in the numbers.

Long may SGA live!

Comment

I love SGA! I got cable just to see it.

I don't like BSG. Too much sex!
                      "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                      'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                      Individuality is freedom lived.
                      'Janis Joplin'

Comment

BSG is ending because the story will be finished by the end of season four simple as that. I's rather have a series with a clear cut eding like BSG or also "Six Feet Under" then a series like "King of Queens" that doesn't know when to end. Accept it. BSG is not being canceled. It is just over and finished and to name a thread the way you did is just asking for trouble.
                        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                        And he's wonderful.

Comment

I love BSG till i die and so far i'm really enjoying season 4 of SGA if anything i wish both shows would play after each other. SGA being first then BSG

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                            yes it is. But there are people who hated SG-1 and were happy about its cancellation
                            Yeah, and they aren't any better.

Seriously people, why must ANY series you don't like be cancelled? I've grown out of that phase months ago, and I can only see now how selfish I was. People should be allowed to enjoy their series even if you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
                              Man, as I watch this season, I find that Stargate Atlantis to be just as crappy as Season 10 of SG1.

I watched all of Season 1, 2, 3 of BSG, and find myself enjoying every episode. Not one episode made me lose attention from the episode. Plot lines are fluid and theres no plot holes in the storylines.

What about Stargate series?
                              - Plot holes
                              - No fluditiy between episodes
                              - Storyline blows

Even the good storylines like "The Travellers" could have been done much better.

What about Adrift and Lifeline? Good ops episodes, but could have used more action and plot.

It seems to be the same stuff over and over again.

1) Bad problem
                              2) We're screwed
                              3) Op mission, or fight
                              4) Get objective completed
                              5) Friend or someone gets left behind, or something screws up a bit
                              6) The end, problem solved.

I love Stargate. I watched Stargate since Season 2 of SG1, and Season 1 of SGA.

But this is just putrid.

If I had the power, I would definitely give up both stargate series (if SG1 was still airing) for Battlestar Galactica.

I am just vexxed that SGA continues to go, and BSG is gone by 2009.

SGA is not as good as early seasons of SG-1 but it's doing rather well in season 4--which is an improvement over season 3.

Now, BSG--I used to like in season 1 but by the end of season 1 it wasn't battlestar galctica it was battlestar Baltar. Nothing but sex, sex and sex. How many times can someone watch Balter scew with himself mentally and physically?

I got so turned off by BSG over sexing and under developing the characters that I would rather watch SGA, despite it's problems.

BSG is far too political, moral bashing and sexed up. The only difference between BSG and a playboy bunny flic is there is actually a plot with BSG--though it can be a confusing plot.

BSG is not a high quality show either. It doesn't rival the early seasons of SG-1 IMHO and it pretty much is a slap in the face to older fans who grew up in the 70's watching the older campy series. Given the choice between campy, annoying, cyclons or number six--I would take the campy guys...they are more entertaining and less scary.
                              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
                                Man, as I watch this season, I find that Stargate Atlantis to be just as crappy as Season 10 of SG1.
                                What is wrong with Season 4?

Even the good storylines like "The Travellers" could have been done much better.
                                Are you kidding me? "Travelers" was awesome.

What about Adrift and Lifeline? Good ops episodes, but could have used more action and plot.

It seems to be the same stuff over and over again.

1) Bad problem
                                2) We're screwed
                                3) Op mission, or fight
                                4) Get objective completed
                                5) Friend or someone gets left behind, or something screws up a bit
                                6) The end, problem solved.
                                You've pretty much described the entire series, not just the recent episodes.

I love Stargate.
                                Then why do you want to replace it with a soap opera in space?

If I had the power, I would definitely give up both stargate series (if SG1 was still airing) for Battlestar Galactica.
                                BSG isn't getting cancelled, it's being brought to an end by it's producers, so you'd be loosing both SG:A and BSG.

Comment

Working...
                                X