This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kiras_dad_uk
    Thanks for the Mp3 file (i'm sure my downloads where fast when i was using dialup, but anyway...)

Does anyone know who wrote the song??
    Joel Goldsmith - http://www.freeclyde.com/index.html
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
      She can also play the paino and she is a licensed bartender. WOW. According to IMDb she studied shakespeare in university
      wow! Talk about keeping your options open lol. I love this song thanx for the links. My jaw hit the floor when i heard her singing...shes amazing!!

Comment

Does the video work for you guys?
        -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
        -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
        -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

There is no video this is an mp3 audio-only version
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

There is a link to a video near the bottom on the first page.
            -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
            -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
            -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

You were probably streaming it right click and choose save target as or save link as to download
              love Torri

Comment

man when I watched the episode, I was almost in awe. I've been in school musicals and i randomly sing all the time but no one, not even me, I know can sing that well. Way to go, Rachel
                Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

dose any1 no wat song tayla was singin? and were i could get?

cheer's

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...+the+night+mp3

Comment

Wow! It's nice to see that many of the posters here enjoyed Rachel's singing in CM...

I got the opportunity to meet her in person before CM aired here in the states and she graciously sang part of a piece from I know Him So Well.....a piece that is performed in the play, CHESS....Beautiful piece by the way...it is really a duet and she was magnificent and sang it Acapella! wonderful!
                      What a treat!

If you read Rachel's recent interviews, she clearly enjoyed that piece...it showed a little into her character and it coincides with the description of her being a soulfoul woman.....

Interesting enough, Rachel was the one that suggested this piece once the script was written so that it can give her character a richness and depth that it has not received yet....and it was beautifully incorporated into this scene!

In many of her interviews, she states that she had to record this twice because the first time she recorded it, her voice was flawless and the writers wanted not a professional singer, which Rachel is by the way, but something sung by Teyla..So, Rachel had to go back to LA to re-record this segment again.......

IMHO in blended in perfectly with her storyline and it added drama and a different perspective when blended in with the rest of the story in CM....

Awesome performance by Rachel...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by T'saria
                        Ok..I concur with many of the replies here. The song
                        was beautiful and Rachel has a gorgeous voice.

But, the song was very out of place. And, speaking
                        as a singer myself, it should have been acapella.
                        I mean really. Do you think Teyla's people are running
                        around with microphones!!! It's so modern to have it all through
                        the sound machine. I think she would have been
                        even more gorgeous all by herself. Nothing more lovely
                        than a voice on its own.

And another point. Where was the "ceremony" in
                        the ceremony? I suppose just singing is a ceremony
                        for some. But don't you actually DO something?
                        I agree 100%.

Also to the person who was talking about people going to singing school or whatever: Whether or not you went to such a school has no direct bearing over your singing talent. I've never studied singing and the most I've ever done is go take choir for extra credit.

Yet, I easily beat most of the people at my high school who were studying singing and majoring in singing. Singing is also talent-based. You can't study yourself to a good voice and vocal cords. You can study techniques, yes, and I will be the first one to admit that I'm lacking in those fields. But you can't study yourself to a changed body.

Comment

I only saw the ep yesterday. her voice is amazing i love the song

I think i'm too late for the mp3 tho none of the links work for me

but i downloaded the video that is brilliant

XXX

Comment

RL's voice is so amazin and beautiful and you are so lucky Camy. I think that the song is perfect how it is and I dont think it would suit the ep as well if it was acapella. But she really has got a beautiful voice and I too was speechless when I heard it and watched the ep.

Comment

Is that really, really her? It's lovely.

Comment

Yeah it's really really her! It's pretty impressive, I'd love it if she sung a Dead Can Dance tune or Lisa Gerard...she'd be amazing..and I think it's more fitting for Stargate Atlantis anyway.
                                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Working...
                                X