This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaberella
    Yeah it's really really her! It's pretty impressive, I'd love it if she sung a Dead Can Dance tune or Lisa Gerard...she'd be amazing..and I think it's more fitting for Stargate Atlantis anyway.
    I dont know about them cuz Ive never heard them but I thought that song suited the ep because of what was happening around her and how the camera showed it all. I love how the filming crew do stuff like that, it makes an ep/film a lot better

Comment

I agree with you but I mentioned them because the sound is a bit more dramatic and would hav eworked wonders on the show.

Okay Lisa Gerard was part of Dead Can Dance. Ever saw the movie the Gladiator? Well that woman who's singing and she also co-produced the music is Lisa Gerard..and that's the sound I can see in direction relation to Teyla's people and I felt that would have done amazing things for an ep.

Although I liked this song.....I would have perferred one of them, because they don't speak any english, except in Dead Can Dance where the lead male sings in English. But when Lisa sings, which dominates teh DCD albums, it's normally persian words or Arabic...so the feel would have been a bit more authentic.
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

ok, thanks VB, ill have to try listen to them and yes Ive seen the film Gladiator, brilliant film but back to the point

Comment

Yeah, I am very lucky! She was so wonderful, bubbly, friendly and extremely talented.....

I just hope I get the chance to see her again!
          sigpic

Comment

I hope you do too. Im gonna see her in July at the LFCC along with TH, DSD and RSF. I really cant wait to see Rachel cuz she is a very talented actress and just looks so friendly and happy behind the scenes

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior
              ok, thanks VB, ill have to try listen to them and yes Ive seen the film Gladiator, brilliant film but back to the point

Yeah the point I mentioned the film was not to get your review was because the woman from Dead Can Dance was co-producer of the soundtrack. So all that music, or style there of should have been used in the show. And RL's voice would be a perfect addition.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                Yeah the point I mentioned the film was not to get your review was because the woman from Dead Can Dance was co-producer of the soundtrack. So all that music, or style there of should have been used in the show. And RL's voice would be a perfect addition.
                OK thanks

Comment

I was wondering if anyone else knew when she sings? I remember watching it, but can't remember what episode it happen in!! I really wonted to see it again. Any help would be so way awsome.
                  Maj. John Sheppard: "Without inertial dampening, we'd be hit by so many g's, our eyes would pop, our skin would pull away from our faces, our brains would squish up to the back our skulls, and our internal organs would be crushed into these chairs. What about that sandwich?"

Comment

Critical Mass
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Yeah it was awesome and it was Rachel's Letterel real voice. She wanted to sing. You could check out the interview at thescifiworld.net
                      Lord Zedd

Comment

Here are two threads on the board, in regards to Rachel Luttrell as Teyla, singing in Critical Mass:
                        1. Teyla Sings-1
                        2. Teyla Sings-2
                        VB

Comment

I have a link to a site that has the entire song.

http://www.atlantisresource.co.uk/

It's in the Mp3 section.
                          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Cool! Thanks for all the help and stuff. And for the link to the mp3.
                            Maj. John Sheppard: "Without inertial dampening, we'd be hit by so many g's, our eyes would pop, our skin would pull away from our faces, our brains would squish up to the back our skulls, and our internal organs would be crushed into these chairs. What about that sandwich?"

Comment

Ur welcome
                              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I thought it was cringe-tastic.

Comment

Working...
                                X