This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OfF3nSiV3
    heck i doubt it was her, and she was playbacking, i even hated the song moment
    agh, the important is you guys liked, so they pleased the majority =P
    dude!! she was credited in the end of the episode as "Beyond the Night" - Performed by Rachel Luttrell...
    and i have to disagree... i thought that her voice and the song made the Eps all the more powerful and i think that it has become an instant stargate classic and certainly on of my faves for the season....
    ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Ooo! Thanks for the linkage!

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
        dude!! she was credited in the end of the episode as "Beyond the Night" - Performed by Rachel Luttrell...
        and i have to disagree... i thought that her voice and the song made the Eps all the more powerful and i think that it has become an instant stargate classic and certainly on of my faves for the season....
        I can't WAIT for this episode to air!!!

Sig by Dorka.Thanks!

*~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Comment

wow OMG, i really loved this episode, its so far one of the best episodes of atlantis second season. I love rachel's voice and i dont know if you guys know what im talkin about but like you guys said that the song brought like the power and feeling to it, and i think this reminds me of a song from robotech an anime show and in this part a girl named minmei sings we will win and its also a great song kinda like the same as this and the war goes on and stuff and it has the feeling to it. So i totally resembled it and i was like damn this is nice i just want to see every battle in stargate with this song like imagine a space battle with dedi vs hive ships and her song in the background damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
          sooner or later the day comes when you cant hide from the things that youv'e done anymore-BSG adama

Comment

Originally posted by OfF3nSiV3
            heck i doubt it was her, and she was playbacking, i even hated the song moment
            agh, the important is you guys liked, so they pleased the majority =P
            I also thought the song was a little cheesy. However, there is no question that TPTB used it in the context of the episode flawlessly to really add to the emotional impact of Critical Mass.

Comment

The song in Stargate universe's context was weird, quite very unstargate, inappropriate, cheesy. Hope TPTB won't ever do an episode like that, EVER. The song was quite good, but IMO it ruined the episode.
              School is overrated.

Comment

I enjoyed hearing Rachell sing - Look forward to seeing the episode in Jan.

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by vandred
                  So i totally resembled it and i was like damn this is nice i just want to see every battle in stargate with this song like imagine a space battle with dedi vs hive ships and her song in the background damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
                  I really don't want to hear anymore singing in this show. If you want to hear Rachel singing - write to the PTB at Sony and ask them to give her a recording contract.

Comment

Originally posted by FireCat
                    I really don't want to hear anymore singing in this show. If you want to hear Rachel singing - write to the PTB at Sony and ask them to give her a recording contract.
                    I'm with you on this one. This better not be a regular occurance. Once was fine, it was overboard and the recording they used was out of place-but once was fine (I actually liked the overall effect a lot even though I wasn't into the song). Next time if there has to be a next time, there needs to be way more effort to make it somewhat believable that Teyla would actually be singing that during the scene they were showing, not make it sound overly produced with accompanyment (sp?) that was never there. Her voice sounded overly polished if we were to believe she was singing it on the fly during that scene.

Comment

IMHO, I think those of you that DIDN'T think the episode didn't make the episode good, don't have a good taste when it comes to art of story telling. Story telling includes the story, characters, visuals, AND sounds which includes music. For instance how many of you could do without the Atlantis theme song. How many of you cried when they took the theme song away? Many of us. We wanted the theme song...thus music is very important in an episode. I suggest watching the end of the episode without the music and then reply if it was as good. I doubt the end will carry as much weight without it. Not because it was a bad ending but because the addition of the song made it so much better. Frankly, I applaud RL and the Stargate crew! Just as I applaud the Battlestar galactic crew when they added the Celtic/ Irish melody in the ending of some of their shows. Music inspires. Personally, I need a well rounded show, with visuals, music, story, and characters. That is what makes a good show and that is what will keep me coming back week after week. Thanks.

Comment

^let's not go down the "taste" route. I loved the ending, but there is no point in telling somebody has bad taste just because they disliked something that you liked.

As for going back to watch it...won't work since the scene was set with the music in mind (most likely), therefore if the music never existed, then they would've done something else to set up the mood.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                          The song in Stargate universe's context was weird, quite very unstargate, inappropriate, cheesy. Hope TPTB won't ever do an episode like that, EVER. The song was quite good, but IMO it ruined the episode.
                          It was.....but it actually played quite well with all the commotion of the scene!
                          It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Looks like the links have expired, any chance of a post to the newsgroups?
                            thank you very much

Comment

No way all of those links have expired. Try another one, like the Rapidshare one. Those lasts for at least 30 days, even if nobody is using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton
                                I'm with you on this one. This better not be a regular occurance. Once was fine, it was overboard and the recording they used was out of place-but once was fine (I actually liked the overall effect a lot even though I wasn't into the song)
                                I agree, a song like this will probably only be used once. If a song is subng in SG:A again it will probably be in a different type of scene and therefore be a different type of song
                                Originally posted by Crichton
                                Her voice sounded overly polished if we were to believe she was singing it on the fly during that scene.
                                It wouldn't be on the fly as it was a ceremonial song, which (one would presume) would be practised occassionally.

Comment

Working...
                                X