Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the song and Rachel's voice but I have to agree I thought it was out of place too. Maybe if it was at the end of the episode and it was all about Charin then it would have been very touching but I thought it clashed with the scenes mixed in and instead of pulling me in kinda got me out of the scene... I would love to see the cast of both shows doing stuff like singing and dancing but only when it really fits the scene not just to show off what the actors can do (like showing Teyla doing splits just cause she can ) My dream is to see Teal'c sing "We're gonna take our clothes off" Maybe they could pull a Buffy and have a musical episode I'd watch

In the mean time, this is definitely going in my favorite songs list. It's also got a definitely Pagan taste so I think I'll share it with my circle
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

thanks heaps hero
      dam she has an awesome voice

Comment

Originally posted by Fudgiepoos
        I can't get the mp3

Can anyone help?
        if you are in IE use the link http://z24.zupload.com/download.php?...e&filepath=113
        if you can. If it doesn't download by you clicking it try right clicking and selecting svae target as... if that doesn't work it may be ur security settings

Comment

Loved the lyrics to the song...it was very fitting.

Rachel has an amazing voice, however, I think it was over-produced for this episode. I would have loved it even more if it had been more natural without the somewhat syphonic background....to me it was simply too much. This is a case where less would have been more. By adding all the background instrumentation I feel that they really took away from the emotion of the song and the lyrics. Personally, I think it would have been much better, and more emotional, as a solo vocal performance.

Comment

Okay, so at first I wasn't digging the whole song thing. I mean, don't get me wrong, the actual song was beautiful! (and as a fellow singer I appreciated Rachel's chance to show her stuff since she's classicly trained and all) but it all seemed very unstargatish. Though as the montage went on it really grew on me and now I really like it! I want to watch it again! (Go Teyla! )

Okay, this has nothing to do with the song but I loved the part where Dr. Lee is explaining the relay theory using 101 Dalmations, gets blank stares, and then switches to The Lord of the Rings signal fires and you see all the scientists suddenly get it and nod and smile at each other. LOL! Hilarious!
            Andromeda Fate
            Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
            "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
            "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
            "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
            "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

Is there anywhere to get the song without all the computer beeping etc. in the background?? Other than that it's excellent. Thanks so much for the link! I love her voice!
              Andromeda Fate
              Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
              "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
              "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
              "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
              "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

Don't forget the lyrics for the second chorus that was cut from the episode...

Begone the song, it's really lame
                Begone the song, Rachel's to blame
                The show is a shame

Richard Dean now in the past
                Crap and rerun come at last
                Come at last

Seasons renewed, but still no plot
                Beyond the fact that Rachel's hot

Firefly shows kicked by the Fox
                Those stupid producers really sucks
                They really SUX!!!

Comment

okay...i guess u didn't like the show

Comment

I like the show, I just found that particular montage sequence out of place and badly written. I'm a die hard SG fan and can probably quote dialogue from every episode.

Yes. I'm a nerd.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni
                      I like the show, I just found that particular montage sequence out of place and badly written.
                      i didn't mean that u didn't like the show, just the bit of teyla's singing.

Comment

What a gorgeous voice and an amazing mp3! Its beautiful!

Luce xxx

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
                          What a gorgeous voice and an amazing mp3! Its beautiful!
                          yeah you right. She's very talented...

Comment

Ok..I concur with many of the replies here. The song
                            was beautiful and Rachel has a gorgeous voice.

But, the song was very out of place. And, speaking
                            as a singer myself, it should have been acapella.
                            I mean really. Do you think Teyla's people are running
                            around with microphones!!! It's so modern to have it all through
                            the sound machine. I think she would have been
                            even more gorgeous all by herself. Nothing more lovely
                            than a voice on its own.

And another point. Where was the "ceremony" in
                            the ceremony? I suppose just singing is a ceremony
                            for some. But don't you actually DO something?
                            WraithyPuff

Feel like slackin', read some fan fic.
                            "It's actually safe to create a universe in your basement."
                            Alan Guth, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, On M Theory

Comment

Like arrange stones around the body?

Comment

Thanks for the Mp3 file (i'm sure my downloads where fast when i was using dialup, but anyway...)

Does anyone know who wrote the song??

Comment

Working...
                                X