Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zee PM or Zed PM, how do you pronounce it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy Alcatraz
    Originally posted by Major Tyler
    The question my friends ask me (FYI: these friends are American) the most is why Rodney doesn't give up the ghost and say "zee" like everybody else. I just counter by asking that if the roles were reversed, and everybody was Canadian and said "zed" would they stop saying "zee."
    Yes.
    What do you base that on? Would you honestly stop saying "zee" just because everyone else said "zed?" I sure wouldn't.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Theres 2 of these threads right next to each over and thats before i posted

p.s. I say Zeepm
      Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
      McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

It's Zee PM not Zed PM just like how it's Freedom fries and not French fries.

Comment

Firstly its Chips and secon it just depends on how you want to pronounce it, like Zeeebra/Zebra Z/Zed Dragonball Zeee/Dragonball Zed etc etc etc

And Wahoo 300 post althought in a few hours ill be higher
          Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
          McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler
            Alot of people just use "Oh" for Zero here, saves time...

Thats what i always use O.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            Hmm... I had thought from the tone of my reply that it was clear I was joking about "stupid Americans" but since someone here... lacks a sense of humor and saw fit so snipe me for my "anti-American" sentiment, I'd just like to point out that I'm American, myself, and that I was, in fact, kidding. I know it's really stupid CUSTOMERS who are the problem- be they American or otherwise.
            Unfortunatly not alot of people have a sense of humor and take things to seriously. I know from first hand experience.

Comment

i use O too, and i also say Zee, but i've always found null to be fun to say and Zed to be more precise . There would be less confusion between C and Z. Oh well, i think it goes right along with the inches and centimeter division
              Also the upsillon in german, might that not have been a greek leftover and no one came up with anything better so they decided let's just call it that

and if i remember my medieval science and technology class (yes, that was the actual name) the zero came from the arabic concerning mathmatical concepts
              Boston University Terriers Hockey : 27 time Beanpot champions who play on the Jack Parker Rink at Agganis Arena

It is extremely unwise and even unproductive to do arithmetical calculations on certain types of animals until they have emerged from their calcified coverings

Comment

Anyone ever notice how everyone on Atlantis goes ZPM /except/ for the smarty McKay who calls it a Zed-PM?

Why is this?

And what other odd alterations have you noticed?

Like Kree! Do you really..hear a difference when they say kree?

Comment

Canadians say Zed instead of Zee.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                  Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                    I think "The rest of the english speaking world say Zed instead of Zee." would be closer, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                      As do the rest of the English-speaking world!

Comment

Originally posted by PraetorianX
                        I think "The rest of the english speaking world say Zed instead of Zee." would be closer, actually.
                        D'oh! You got in before me!

Comment

I used to say Zed but watchig my videos of Sesame Street corrupted me.

Comment

Meh, close enough, eh?

That line from Rising Part 1 where they kind of make fun of McKay cracks me up lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by in circles
                              I used to say Zed but watchig my videos of Sesame Street corrupted me.
                              Someone once told me that Americans used to say 'zed' until Sesame Street changed it so that it rhymed. I believed it for years.

Madeleine

Comment

im english and we say both! i call it a zee-PM but if you ask me to go through the alphabet its always zed at the end.
                                sigpic
                                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                                Stargate : Genesis |
                                Original Starship DesignThread
                                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X