Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see why the SGC doesn't send a bunch of power supply thingies to the folks in the pegasus galaxy so they can go home any time.

I mean, DUH!

Comment

That would be ideal, but the SGC only ever had one, and it could still be in that alternate dimension for all we know. Plus, if they got it back, they still only had one, and if they gave it to the folks in Atlantis, they wouldn't have one either.
      Rocky

Comment

I still think its kinda illogical that the regular intergalactic stargate works well for tens of thousands of years over and over with some small power supply in the DHD ; the power module Oneil made had just a small amount of weapon power and got him to another galaxy yet the use of the ancient's weapon on Earth is depleted the power cell so much that there's only enough for 1 dial out to Atlantis and Atlantis was left behind with no power cells??? If the Ancients went to all the trouble to leave clues to the city and to hide it why leave it so pristine yet without power... makes for episode stories i know but just pretty illogical to explain. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by tfalls1
          I still think its kinda illogical that the regular intergalactic stargate works well for tens of thousands of years over and over with some small power supply in the DHD ; the power module Oneil made had just a small amount of weapon power and got him to another galaxy yet the use of the ancient's weapon on Earth is depleted the power cell so much that there's only enough for 1 dial out to Atlantis and Atlantis was left behind with no power cells??? If the Ancients went to all the trouble to leave clues to the city and to hide it why leave it so pristine yet without power... makes for episode stories i know but just pretty illogical to explain. Thoughts?
          Sounds like a good subject for discussion in the general forums. I'm a bit curious about all these near-endless power supply things, too. Should provide some interesting theories...

Comment

Originally posted by tfalls1
            Agreed, that whole storyline is dumb, just let them go back and furth as much as they want.

Earth has power to get there, the huge freakin advance city of the Amients doesn't? Seems lame to me.
            It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

I didnt even know the Atlantis team was stranded in the Pegasus galaxy! At least until I read the spoilers for this ep!
              "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                Agreed, that whole storyline is dumb, just let them go back and furth as much as they want.

Earth has power to get there, the huge freakin advance city of the Amients doesn't? Seems lame to me.
                <snipped by moderator>

Now, the SGC probably powers the Gate to using the ZPM that Jack took from Taonas, and in New Order it's supposodly low on power, so going to Atlantis is probably still a one time deal from the SGC, who hoped they'd find power sources there and bring them back
                Last edited by Shipperahoy; 23 June 2004, 01:18 PM. Reason: Please don't disrespect other people's posts

Comment

If the SGC used the ZPM to power the stargate so the Atlantis team to get to Pegasus, then, theoretically, the team should easily be able to gate home. On the Atlantis page here at GateWorld, it says that Atlantis is powered by three ZPMs, so what's the problem?
                  Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                    If the SGC used the ZPM to power the stargate so the Atlantis team to get to Pegasus, then, theoretically, the team should easily be able to gate home. On the Atlantis page here at GateWorld, it says that Atlantis is powered by three ZPMs, so what's the problem?
                    The three ZPMs are out of power... that's why they go to Athos, to find ZPMs

Comment

The only problem with the AU theory... is that Carter seemed pretty adament that a Stargate couldn't cause that in "There but for the Grace of God". On the other hand, they don't know everything about how a Gate operates... esp. with funky alien power supplied.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                        They shouldn't need to go to Athos to get new ZPMs, because they have already figured out how to recharge them![
                        Rocky

Comment

I just checked IMDb.com again and they have updated the cast list for this episode to include Gary Jones A.K.A. "Chevron Guy". So it's pretty much for sure that we will be seeing the SGC in some way or another.

Chevron Nine - A Stargate Atlantis Fan Site

Check out Chevron Nine's exclusive new interview with Stargate Atlantis director David Winning

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                            They shouldn't need to go to Athos to get new ZPMs, because they have already figured out how to recharge them![
                            Recharge them? What are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                              Shutup.
                              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                How is Atlantis supposed to establish itself as a separate series if they keep getting hand-outs from SG-1 every half-dozen eps or so?
                                Butbutbut... How else will we ever get to see the delightful arguing of Sam and McKay again?
                                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                                X