Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow is right, just because you have a nest doesn't mean you have to keep eating the same old stuff. Perhaps they'll find good food on another planet
    __

__

Comment

GateWorld has the first plot details on the Stargate Atlantis episode "Home" --

http://www.gateworld.net/news/episod...6808538,75429,
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

HA! Thanks, Darren. Now I'll be doubly curious to see if my suspicions panned out. Or rather, one suspicion in particular among the several I proposed.

One thing about covering all your bases, you stand a better chance of being able to say, "I was right!"

Comment

spoilers...
          could that highly charged atmosphere create a giant quantum mirror...hmmm?? i bet here we go with alternate realities again...

Comment

SPOILERS

It's too bad. I was kinda liking the idea of McKay coming to the rescue, getting to be the hero for once. *sigh* Guess we'll have to see how it develops.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              HA! Thanks, Darren. Now I'll be doubly curious to see if my suspicions panned out. Or rather, one suspicion in particular among the several I proposed.

One thing about covering all your bases, you stand a better chance of being able to say, "I was right!"

What are your suspicions (sorry i haven't read all the posts)
              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                What are your suspicions (sorry i haven't read all the posts)
                Well, the first one that sprang to mind was, "Are they REALLY home, or do they just THINK they are?" It's an oft-used plot device, but they might be able to give it an interesting twist.

Or maybe I'm miles off base and they really DO go home.

Comment

We now know that at least some of the Atlantis Team makes it home in this episode. I for one think this would be a great time for some appearances from some of the SG-1 team! What do you guys think?
                  Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                    We now know that at least some of the Atlantis Team makes it home in this episode. I for one think this would be a great time for some appearances from some of the SG-1 team! What do you guys think?
                    I think not. How is Atlantis supposed to establish itself as a separate series if they keep getting hand-outs from SG-1 every half-dozen eps or so?

Comment

It says things have changed on earth... I like the AU idea, but i'm curious to see if its something that has happened on SG1... that could be interesting in my opinion.

Comment

It is highly unlikely that anything has happened to SG-1 inbetween "Rising" and this episode, "Home." If it had, it would have major effects on Stargate SG-1, which has already undergone enough changes at the start of season eight. But regardless of this fact, I cannot see this episode working without Richard Dean Anderson appearing as General O'Neill. He is now commander of the SGC and a long-lost team returning would certainly warrant his attention. I also think this would be a great episode to feature William Devane as President Henry Hayes! This is just starting to sound better and better!
                        Rocky

Comment

I can see the episode working VERY well without any of SG-1 having to put in any token appearances. The team can be offworld and Jack can be overwhelmed with some crisis or another. Or the A-team could have meetings with him that we simply don't see. RDA's presence in S8 is going to be sparse enough as it is. If he doesn't have time for the show he's supposed to be starring in, I really don't see him having time for someone else's show. No offense, but that's just the way I see the situation.

Comment

You have some good points Shadowmaat, but whenever you watch an episode of SG-1, who do you see telling "Chevron Guy/Technician" to open the iris? It's always General Hammond, whose job is taken over this season by Jack O'Neill. Which means, if anything, he needs to be there when the Atlantis team first comes through the gate. After that, he could concievably disappear, but then, who would conduct the debriefing?
                            Rocky

Comment

I'm not going to argue with you about it because it's quite obvious you can't conceive of Jack NOT being in the ep whereas I find it not only believable but incredibly likely. I'll agree to disagree with you on the matter and we'll see what the actual ep has in store for us.

If the team somehow taps into an alternate universe or maybe skims too close to a solar flare and wind up flung about in time... both of those could be very interesting twists.

Comment

You are absolutley right. If they weren't going to the Earth they left from, it doesn't matter who is in it. And I think the episode could work without Jack, it would just require some good writing. And those guys from Stargate rarely let me down!
                                Rocky

Comment

Working...
                                X