Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it wasn't just me, it was us working together. Part of the ship may still be stuck in atlantis somehow too...

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie
      well i saw Watergate and there, for sure, the gate was supplied with power by those organism (higher life forms) in water on the other side And so I can conclude that in A Matter of Time the gate was also feeded with evergy from the black hole... I did not see Redemption so cannot be sure but by the look of this picture the gate is being feeded with evergy again...
      And so...as far as I know, we ppl, don't have wormholes by Atlantis, nor we have the technology nor supplies to support a wormhole longer than 38 mins...

and the watery life forms had to be much more advanced...and wormhole is emitating huge amounts of energy for sure...yeah so...think...

i remember this SG1 ep when Sokar attacks SGC with some heat (or something) trought the gate, when SG1 take Apophis from Sokar's hands...and twice Sokar kept the gate for 38 (or so) mins...so even he didnot have the technology THINK!!!
      Yes, that was what I thought - even the Gou'ald can't keep it open longer that 38 minutes...

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
        A Matter of Time - After they cut power they realised that the gate was drawing its power from the black hole, and on that side of the gate it wasn't open 38 minutes anyway...

Watergate - Those water beings kept the power to the gate, when the radio signal was going through.

Redemption - Well, the weapon was designed by the Ancients, it was obviously supplying energy to the gate to keep it open...

So, what happens is that the gate shuts down after 38 minutes, even if something is passing through it UNLESS it is supplied with additional power.

For this ep, Brandon Hall came up with the theory that they leave Atlantis in a puddle jumper, arrive at their destination, an orbiting gate, but the ship gets stuck on the way out (lodged against the gate or something...). And if the gate shuts down, all the ship that still hasn't come out will be lost and the rest of the ship will be exposed to the vacuum of space...
        Thanks! Great job!

Comment

*SPOILERS*

I just read the synopsis! I dont like to for atlantis, too new, but still, if you havent read it...

"The team finds themselves in mortal danger when their puddle jumper ship becomes lodged in the Stargate." - God, i HATE it when my puddle jumper gets lodged in the stargate! Is this the first fun atlantis ?? I hope so

Comment

SPIOLER (I think)-I dont know if anyone said this but...

38 minutes is the maximum time a StarGate can be open.

So that means that since the episode is about some (i dont know which) guy that gets stuck in the StarGate in a puddle-jumper, that they have to get him out before the shut off time (38 minutes)

EDIT: Oh crap somewon said it already, opps, sorry.

^ Earth Rules.

"And I hope noone forgot to feed my Rash'nak"

-Daniel, "Icon" Season 8 SG-1

Comment

The first photos from "Thirty-Eight Minutes" are here! Check out the gallery at:

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/104.shtml
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Wow, those pics look great! I am lovin' the new uniforms.

The Wraith look greener than the other pics we've seen, and I wonder what that thing is on Sheppard's throat.

Ooh, and Doctor Weir's outfit looks cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                  The first photos from "Thirty-Eight Minutes" are here! Check out the gallery at:

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/104.shtml
                  Thanks, Darren.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1...s/104_09.shtml
                  http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1...s/104_11.shtml

The pictures with the bug on to Shepperd's throat remind me very much of "Alien", when they try to bring him back to the space ship. Interesting, since I thought this ep wouldn't be about bugs (and maybe it won't).
                  No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                  (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

this sounds like it's gonna be a pretty good episode, and one of the ones i'm most looking forward to.

spook
                    spook

Comment

Mckay looks kind of funky in the second picture.
                      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                      X