Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is, I''ll be interested to see how it plays out.
    It's weird though, I mean you'd think the Ancients would design their ships/the stargates so that things like that couldn't happen...

Comment

Originally posted by TST
      It is, I''ll be interested to see how it plays out.
      It's weird though, I mean you'd think the Ancients would design their ships/the stargates so that things like that couldn't happen...
      Yeah, until we starting messing with it!

Comment

Originally posted by TST
        The Tauri are always overriding safety guidelines and such to make things work how they want to.. Such as in "Red Sky".
        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Or Maybe they are gating to a gate in space and the people are on the space side and when it shuts off in 38 minutesm the ship will be cut in half, venting the oxygen and killing them.

Comment

Originally posted by brandohall
            Or Maybe they are gating to a gate in space and the people are on the space side and when it shuts off in 38 minutesm the ship will be cut in half, venting the oxygen and killing them.
            Didn't I already post that?

Comment

What if the puddle jumper is being chased by wraith dart and is attacked before it enters the stargate as result of the damage they are stuck in the stargate.
              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I'd like to know why the gate would shut down after 38 minutes if there's still something in the wormhole/event horizon. Or is this stargate 1.0 and the Ancients hadn't thought to include that particular safety feature yet?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  I'd like to know why the gate would shut down after 38 minutes if there's still something in the wormhole/event horizon. Or is this stargate 1.0 and the Ancients hadn't thought to include that particular safety feature yet?

Good point i was thinking of that as well, i hope they explain that in the ep
                  "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Oh, I didn't notice

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                      Good point i was thinking of that as well, i hope they explain that in the ep
                      i think the gate can not sustain the wormhole for more than 38 mins as there is not enough energy....it get's dischardged i guess....

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie
                        i think the gate can not sustain the wormhole for more than 38 mins as there is not enough energy....it get's dischardged i guess....
                        How? Why? We've seen the gates stay open for days when things a lot less solid than a ship were passing through them.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          How? Why? We've seen the gates stay open for days when things a lot less solid than a ship were passing through them.
                          really ??? where ???

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie
                            really ??? where ???
                            Umm... A Matter of Time, Watergate and Redemption spring immediately to mind. The reasons varied, but the effect was the same. I can recall a specific scene where they had a timer running and everyone was standing around watching it and Carter said the gate would shut down at 38 minutes and the 38 minute mark came and went... and she said, "give or take a few minutes" or something, but a few more minutes passed and then Jack probably made a sarcastic comment and they all realized they were in deep voodoo.
                            Last edited by ShadowMaat; 28 May 2004, 06:58 PM.

Comment

well i saw Watergate and there, for sure, the gate was supplied with power by those organism (higher life forms) in water on the other side And so I can conclude that in A Matter of Time the gate was also feeded with evergy from the black hole... I did not see Redemption so cannot be sure but by the look of this picture the gate is being feeded with evergy again...
                              And so...as far as I know, we ppl, don't have wormholes by Atlantis, nor we have the technology nor supplies to support a wormhole longer than 38 mins...

and the watery life forms had to be much more advanced...and wormhole is emitating huge amounts of energy for sure...yeah so...think...

i remember this SG1 ep when Sokar attacks SGC with some heat (or something) trought the gate, when SG1 take Apophis from Sokar's hands...and twice Sokar kept the gate for 38 (or so) mins...so even he didnot have the technology THINK!!!

Comment

A Matter of Time - After they cut power they realised that the gate was drawing its power from the black hole, and on that side of the gate it wasn't open 38 minutes anyway...

Watergate - Those water beings kept the power to the gate, when the radio signal was going through.

Redemption - Well, the weapon was designed by the Ancients, it was obviously supplying energy to the gate to keep it open...

So, what happens is that the gate shuts down after 38 minutes, even if something is passing through it UNLESS it is supplied with additional power.

For this ep, Brandon Hall came up with the theory that they leave Atlantis in a puddle jumper, arrive at their destination, an orbiting gate, but the ship gets stuck on the way out (lodged against the gate or something...). And if the gate shuts down, all the ship that still hasn't come out will be lost and the rest of the ship will be exposed to the vacuum of space...

Comment

Working...
                                X