12 Monkeys coming on SYFY (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
    I don't honestly see how syfy can expect more than those numbers at the minute. Syfy needs rebuild trust with it target audience.
    Agreed.

Comment

Episode 3

I really don't like the subplot with the future bad guy. It's unneccessary and not interesting. i hope it will not become a majort part of the show (unless off course it's another paradox!)
      Otherwise a good episode.

Comment

^^ you mean
        Spoiler:
        the one in 2043-the head of the "West 7" or whatever? Looks like there's going to be an attack on the facility

I'm liking this show so far-hope it keeps up-sometimes Time Travel show can start getting old for me.

Comment

Now I know where I've seen Amanda Schull (Cassandra Railly) before. She plays Louis Litt's associate, Katrina Bennett in USA network's "Suits".

Comment

From this sneak peek for ep 4 ( http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/01/12-...neak-peek.html) it seems that
            Spoiler:
            cole is going to the past for good. so no more time travel?

I don't know where that will lead the story but at first glance i don't like it

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
              From this sneak peek for ep 4 ( http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/01/12-...neak-peek.html) it seems that
              Spoiler:
              cole is going to the past for good. so no more time travel?

I don't know where that will lead the story but at first glance i don't like it
              No, not unless he going to 1986, he needs to meet Goins, if he does he will have to wait 19 years before contacting Cassie. She said they sending him back to 2015 but permanently. The actor wearing ageing makeup all the time is unlikely.

My guess he goes back into past and does something make sure the base is better protected or that the attackers are eliminated back in the past.

It also possible that the time jump was much smaller and he transported back to just before the attack happens and helps to prevent it secretly without the rest of the team knowing.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                No, not unless he going to 1986, he needs to meet Goins, if he does he will have to wait 19 years before contacting Cassie. She said they sending him back to 2015 but permanently. The actor wearing ageing makeup all the time is unlikely.

My guess he goes back into past and does something make sure the base is better protected or that the attackers are eliminated back in the past.

It also possible that the time jump was much smaller and he transported back to just before the attack happens and helps to prevent it secretly without the rest of the team knowing.
                There are also some time glitches that keep happening, so it's possible for them to send him back to 2015 but it's unstable and sends him to other times randomly.

Plus, the people attacking the base could get the chair working and bring him back to try to get him to do their bidding.

It will be interesting to see which way they go. I hope he's not stuck, otherwise he should have been able to help prevent the base from getting attacked in the future, unless he get's killed sometime before it all happens.
                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Episode 3 ratings:

0.903 viewers, 0.3 adult rating

Ok this is bad

Comment

Might be a result of them offering the week ahead on On Demand for the past 2 weeks. They didn't do that this week, so lets hope it ticks up.

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
                      Episode 3 ratings:

0.903 viewers, 0.3 adult rating

Ok this is bad
                      Maybe not so bad. There were fewer total viewers, but the rating share was up from last week's .29, plus they have to be aware that many people had already seen it On Demand.

Comment

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
                        Maybe not so bad. There were fewer total viewers, but the rating share was up from last week's .29, plus they have to be aware that many people had already seen it On Demand.
                        I don't think that a rise from 0.29 to 0.32 makes much of a difference

Comment

Well outside of Continuum this is the only show on SyFy I've really looked forward to since SGU was canceled. So I hope the ratings improve.
                          gosh I hope it doesn't turn out like Caprica where they just burn off the last half of the first season all in one day without advance warning.

Comment

They might move it, but I don't think they'll burn it off. Haven only had 5 episodes above a 0.2 during the first half of season 5 (and those ranged from a 0.21 - 0.26, with its lowest 18-49 rating being a 0.17) and they didn't burn the series off like Caprica (yet, anyway) They're also still planning on airing the second half of the season later in the year. I really like Haven, so I don't want it to fail. I don't want anyone to think that I'm rooting for its demise or anything, just because I'm mentioning its less than stellar ratings in this thread.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                              They might move it, but I don't think they'll burn it off. Haven only had 5 episodes above a 0.2 during the first half of season 5 (and those ranged from a 0.21 - 0.26, with its lowest 18-49 rating being a 0.17) and they didn't burn the series off like Caprica (yet, anyway) They're also still planning on airing the second half of the season later in the year. I really like Haven, so I don't want it to fail. I don't want anyone to think that I'm rooting for its demise or anything, just because I'm mentioning its less than stellar ratings in this thread.
                              I too am leery of SciFi management and its decisions regarding their best shows, such as Haven. I hope they air season 5B, but with the ratings it pulled for 5A, I'm not going to be surprised if they don't air it all or burn it off.
                              In the case of Haven, it's almost as if they wanted to kill it. Putting it on against the NFL and Grey's Anatomy is suicide.

But this has been done before; 1978-79, ABC wanted to kill "Battlestar Galactica" 'cause it was expensive to make, so they suicide scheduled it, and then cited low ratings for cancellation. When a letter writing campaign brought it back in the form of "Galactica 1980", they killed that with the schedule too, by placing in in what was called "Family Viewing Hours", which is why after ep. 3, it had all the silly kid-centric stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                                I too am leery of SciFi management and its decisions regarding their best shows, such as Haven. I hope they air season 5B, but with the ratings it pulled for 5A, I'm not going to be surprised if they don't air it all or burn it off.
                                In the case of Haven, it's almost as if they wanted to kill it. Putting it on against the NFL and Grey's Anatomy is suicide.

But this has been done before; 1978-79, ABC wanted to kill "Battlestar Galactica" 'cause it was expensive to make, so they suicide scheduled it, and then cited low ratings for cancellation. When a letter writing campaign brought it back in the form of "Galactica 1980", they killed that with the schedule too, by placing in in what was called "Family Viewing Hours", which is why after ep. 3, it had all the silly kid-centric stories.
                                Yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised if they eventually ended up burning/pulling it off. I think they'd at least start off airing it in a normal timeslot though, and see how it goes from there. They've got William Shatner guest starring in the second half of the season, and he really seems to be trying to support sci-fi/fantasy type programming on Syfy and on TV in general. I haven't really been on twitter in a while, so I don't know if he's still doing it, but over the summer he was live tweeting during Dominion and later on during Defiance and telling people to watch/support SF shows, so he's been supportive of SyFy's programming (and they gave him a job on one of their shows lol <-me being realistic/cynical). I think they'd at least want to try giving him the courtesy of airing one of the episodes he was in before going for a burn-off, even if only for appearances (and who knows William Shatner being on might actually help Haven's ratings or Syfy might move it to a better timeslot and they won't need to burn off or pull anything).

The one good thing about a show getting burned off in the way that Caprica was, is that you don't have to wait a week between episodes and you can watch them all at once, if you want.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X