12 Monkeys coming on SYFY (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateWorld View Post
    Would there be interest in our giving 12 Monkeys its own folder and episode threads? (Then there would be no need for spoiler tagging.)
    I would guess yes.. For now, anyway. Gotta see if SyFy will screw it up or not. =)

Comment

I watched the first episode and really enjoyed it.

A folder with episode threads would be nice.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
        Spoiler:
        You described Pitt's character wrong. He's not the one who released the virus and never had the intention of doing so.
        Dam I did didn't I, it was the other guy (the actor from Contact), but they never really clarified whether Pitt had anything to do with it, since his character wasn't in the same zip code mentally as everybody else most of the time there's no telling if he was being truthful or not.

I'll blame my 3am viewing for it lol.

Comment

I also think that a folder with episode threads would be good.

Comment

http://www.blastr.com/2015-1-19/12-m...ew-syfy-series

As i suspected The Army 0f 12 Monkeys will be the central story. So i hope they will come with something interesting on that because the whole series will be judged from the answer they will give.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              Ok.
              Having watched the pilot for this, I like what I've seen so far, with only a few quibbles.

Spoiler:
              Obviously Cassandra & Cole are going to end up 'shipping. While a distraction from the story, it won't bother me unless they overplay it, trying to make it the story.

Cole apparently contradicts himself in the scene where he shoots Leland. He says "Mother nature doesn't like it when you rearrange her furniture", and then shoots Leland in an attempt to do just that.

I think this might have been better as a mini-series or a movie, however. Time travel yarns are great, but if you try to run them too long, the plot lines become far too twisted and convoluted for the writers to keep straight. Hopefully, they can become an exception to this rule, as Continuum is.

Will have to locate the original film and watch that, though.
              Spoiler:
              I think the writers have already hint at the fact that the 12 monkeys may have time traveling capabilities themselves, thus cole may have just been rearranging the furniture back to the way mother nature wants it. An it been kinda clever if the 12 monkeys was 12 visits from someone from the future who been delivering the groups instructions what they should do.

Comment

Or of course Cole:

Spoiler:
                Always did kill Leland, hence why his death didn't effect the timeline.

Upon second viewing I like that they appear to be respecting the Grandfather Paradox whereas other time travel shows just ignore it (Continum etc.), or at least that's what they appear to be doing with the scratching of the watch and Cole reminding her to pick up the watch so it's able to 'save their arises a minute ago' (or whatever he said).

Also please add me to those wanting a dedicated folder

Comment

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...e-more/351823/

As you can see 12 monkeys premiere was the worst premiere for syfy in the last, i don't know how many, years.
                  1.35 mil. viewers
                  0.4 adult rating
                  Last edited by pakar; 20 January 2015, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
                    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...e-more/351823/

As you can see 12 monkeys premiere was the worst premiere for syfy in the last, i don't know how many, years.
                    1.35 mil. viewers
                    0.4 adult rating
                    A little better than Helix.
                    Total syffy posts: 36,690
                    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                    Matthew 5:9

Comment

SYFY's premieres from Defiance onwards (in million viewers)

Defiance 2.73
                      Helix 1.82
                      Dominion 1.96
                      Z Nation 1.58
                      Ascension 1.76
                      12 Monkeys 1.35

You can see a pattern here. I'm not sure syfy has still an audience.

Comment

Airing fake wrestling and other garbage will drive your audience away.

Comment

so is syfy dead?

Comment

Damned near it, as far as I can tell. Very few shows on there now that I watch.
                            12 Monkeys, Haven & Continuum are all that comes to mind atm. And both Haven and Continuum are ending.
                            To be fair, they have a number of very interesting projects upcoming, but the jury is still out on them.
                            I think they're trying to resurrect themselves, but if "Ascension" was any guide, I'm doubtful.

Comment

Is the channel profitable? That's all the bean counters care about.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                                Is the channel profitable? That's all the bean counters care about.
                                It wouldn't matter to me if they were profitable or not. If all they carry is fake wrestling, reality crap and other garbage, they would be dead as far as I (and I would assume most viewers here) go.

Comment

Working...
                                X