No announcement yet.

The Tomorrow People (CW) NEWS/DISCUSSION/SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason i want the TP to do a big reveal is based on how OUR public has reacted to the NSA leaks in relation to snowden etc.. If we are that angsty against the govt for snooping on our phones and emails, imagine how peeved they would be knowing a secret agency (iirc not even a govt authorized one) is conducting NON FDA approved/recognized genetic testing/experimentation on KIDS (and teens), genocide against the same all with no congressional oversite, or nod in anyway to due process/the rule of law..

Comment

OK.. SO Jedikia is out and the founder (batherie) is now in charge and making it 'more humane'. I loved the twist he did on that 'stage magician" (and cool use of one's powers)..
      I do think the main guy (steven) was stupid for putting himself into that machine.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        I loved this weeks 'super hero" episode.. At least it got some of the group thinking of actually doing something rather than just sulking around and waiting for Ultra to show up.
        Yes, nice, sort of, to see them getting some action in. Even if they were blundering around like typical teenagers and leaving clues like the clueless, so that's accurate.

Did they writers only just work this out to spice up the storyline or has this been part of the plan after we got bored with the all the previous nonsense?

Pity that the bulk of the Little Underground People remained sulking in the background and it took an outsider to spice them all up. A better plotline might have been a handful breaking away inspired by comicbooks, but that's already in my own alternative storyline.

Only problem with any big revelation is the danger of a backlash. Would the human race embrace superpowers or want to hunt them down as demonic forces of evil mutation?

But again, that's what I've been drafting while taking notes with all these episodes.

May get it produced one day...

Occasional writer, fledgling film/TV producer with ambitions to launch a bold new vision for a Stargate TV series,
        once I've raised the seed funding and credibility to attract Warner's attention.
        sigpic

Comment

So i just caught up more or less, gonna watch 3 episodes after this weeks episode has aired, i've really been enjoying this season and i hope it does get a second season but it's not looking good, i would hope CW cancelled The Carrie Diaries & BAT&TB before TTP

I think they (CW) should pair this with The 100 and give The 100 a full season for next season (2014-2015)

OK.. SO Jedikia is out and the founder (batherie) is now in charge and making it 'more humane'. I loved the twist he did on that 'stage magician" (and cool use of one's powers)..
          I do think the main guy (steven) was stupid for putting himself into that machine.
          Yep Lucifer (spn) is out and Crassus (spartacus) is in
          Last edited by mr_kennedy; 27 April 2014, 07:50 AM.
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by worldmaker View Post
            Only problem with any big revelation is the danger of a backlash. Would the human race embrace superpowers or want to hunt them down as demonic forces of evil mutation?
            If nothing else, maybe the revelation of them existing, MIGHT be a means to get rid of ultra.
            A) it seems to not be sanctioned.
            B) there is no due process of any sort for their antics against the TP let alone other humans.
            C) i doubt any of their drugs have gotten FDA approval for testing.

Comment

If nothing else, maybe the revelation of them existing, MIGHT be a means to get rid of ultra.
              A) it seems to not be sanctioned.
              B) there is no due process of any sort for their antics against the TP let alone other humans.
              C) i doubt any of their drugs have gotten FDA approval for testing.
              Yes!
              And at these moments Hollywood writers spin in yet another Higher Power secret government shadowy agency behind Ultra that's probably controlled by evil UFO aliens from Roswell or the hero's Evil Aunty who turns out to by a twisted version of his mum dedicated to ending these mutations because she had an argument with his mum over a dolly when they were five-year olds. Come on, there have to be other relatives we've not yet touched on, a cousin, an in-law, a grand parent, an ex-wife/boyfriend/husband who "knows the truth"?

Oops, sorry, did I revel too much from season two?

Secret agencies never need to be sanctioned in these things.
              There's never been any due process in Hollywood movies. How often do their Special Agents wander around foreign countries armed to the teeth with no care in the world about local law? Yes, we all saw you chasing Bourne through London.
              And I don't think they need to care about their drugs if they're happy to murder teenagers.

Can't wait for the new season of Orphan Black, soooooo much better.
              Occasional writer, fledgling film/TV producer with ambitions to launch a bold new vision for a Stargate TV series,
              once I've raised the seed funding and credibility to attract Warner's attention.
              sigpic

Comment

That one thing I did enjoy in the latest James Bond movie, seeing the spies beholden to a greater power, the politicians.

An we saw at least a bit of that in Alphas.

Still it a part that is underplay in these type of shows. Even if Shield we still haven't been told how they interact with the government, who the bosses are above Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                  ...Even if Shield we still haven't been told how they interact with the government, who the bosses are above Fury.
                  Above Fury, isn't that HYDRA?
                  And SHIELD now no longer exist, until the next time...

As for the mysterious forces behind Ultra. Obviously we have to save that until the next season or there'd be no reason to return to all this.
                  sigpic

Comment

Assuming we get one. By several sites i have looked at, whether the CW renews it or not is still up in the air. Though as usual the rest of the tripe they make (vampire diaries, reign, originals etc) have already been renewed. Its almost getting imo to where the CW needs to change it's name to "Vampire lovers anonamous!"

Comment

The word is the CW is going to pick-up four or five new series, and that Beauty and the Beast, The 100 and The Tomorrow People won't get a pick-up.

It does appear they will add genre series The Flash, iZombie and The Messengers, so they don't want to overload the schedule with sci-fi and fantasy.

Comment

I read that the tomorrow people will get the second season and they will have a bit of time laps for second season.

Beauty and the beast have weird mid season break. 6 episodes left and really dont care if it get another season or not.
                        sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

I hope we get a second season of 'The Tomorrow People'.
                          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                          To thy own self... Be true
                          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

So do i. As it stands the Arrow, the 100 and the TP are the only 3 shows they have i give a hoot about. If they get rid of the tomorrow people, and potentially the 100, that leaves one whole show their network makes i care to see. If it wasn't for the desire to watch it on TV, i could get arrow online afterwards, and if that was so, there would be NO reason for me to even tune into that channel.
                            Pity cable companies can't turn off specific networks, cause if that happens, i might do so with the CW.

Comment

Well, The 100 made it, but TTP got the axe. From what I understand, TTP got better as the season progressed. But there's a lesson to be learned in history with that one. The 3rd time still isn't the charm. I still maintain that the 2cd incarnation of the show was the best, even tho production wise, it left a lot to be desired. It's rather like watching episodes from Doctor Who that aired in the 60's and 70's. The content is fun, but it's tough to look at.

I'm glad The 100 made the cut and I'm kinda excited that The Flash is getting a shot. The only move that really surprises me is that Beauty and the Beast is getting another season. That's a real turn-a-round.

Comment

Guess the exec's are hyped up for some more teen angst/vampire lovin.. I was liking TTP! I would have LOVED to see what happens with John and Jedikaia (or how ever it's spelt) after he got his powers back.

Comment

Working...
                                X