The Tomorrow People (CW) NEWS/DISCUSSION/SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Yeah they pretty much trampled and trashed the ideas and concepts of the original series. But I think this one is the third attempt at a remake isn't it?
    Third???!! And the others never made it to production. I wonder (not) why?
    Problem is they're just coying all the current wave of teen-angst urban fantasies without any attempt to take a risk on something that could be more gripping, entertaining or characterful. Normal for a corporation to avoid risk, normal for an audience to avoid this nonsense.

Added another half-page of notes to my alternative concept last night.
    Occasional writer, fledgling film/TV producer with ambitions to launch a bold new vision for a Stargate TV series,
    once I've raised the seed funding and credibility to attract Warner's attention.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by worldmaker View Post
      Third???!! And the others never made it to production. I wonder (not) why?
      Problem is they're just coying all the current wave of teen-angst urban fantasies without any attempt to take a risk on something that could be more gripping, entertaining or characterful. Normal for a corporation to avoid risk, normal for an audience to avoid this nonsense.

Added another half-page of notes to my alternative concept last night.

OK 2nd remake ........

There was the original show in the 70s.... Pity they never met The Doctor, that would have been cool.

1st remake was in the 1990s and it was an abortion of a TV show.

2nd remake is this version.
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        OK 2nd remake ........

There was the original show in the 70s.... Pity they never met The Doctor, that would have been cool.

1st remake was in the 1990s and it was an abortion of a TV show.

2nd remake is this version.
        Hmmm, now you mention it, I very vaguely remember the 1990s show. Never saw it, was too old by then and it wasn't my style by that time.

Occasional writer, fledgling film/TV producer with ambitions to launch a bold new vision for a Stargate TV series,
        once I've raised the seed funding and credibility to attract Warner's attention.
        sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, now you mention it, I very vaguely remember the 1990s show. Never saw it, was too old by then and it wasn't my style by that time.

When I saw that this 3rd rendition was coming out, I attempted to watch a few eps of the 2cd. It was most definitely made for the youth market. Many years ago, I watched some of the first and as I recall, it was pretty good considering when it was made. Watching it is a lot like watching classic Doctor Who.

This current one is just a little too heavy with the teen angst for me. But, I know it has lots of fans. Good for them, just not my cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
            This current one is just a little too heavy with the teen angst for me. But, I know it has lots of fans. Good for them, just not my cup of tea.
            I agree, but it is giving me plenty to think and write about.
            Saw Ep.4 last night and now have eleven pages of notes for my alternative version..
            sigpic

Comment

There has been some stinkers of episodes, but the reveal of
              Spoiler:
              Stevens mother being a "Three tees" i didn't see coming as i thought it was going to be his brother.
              But then does that not make Steven a "synergist, like the founder's daughter"??

Comment

I'm trying not to read any spoilers as we're only 6 episodes into the series here in the UK.

I remember the original series, and caught some of the repeats when the SciFi Channel as it was repeated the series. I also remember the 1990's version which had a former Aussie soap star in it I believe.

Strange thing is so does this version. The actor who plays John was in Neighbours and Home and Away.

This version does have promise. There are a lot of inter-weaving plot threads which may confuse.
                It will be interesting to see how things develop.

I have my Sky+ box set to series link. So it records each episode.
                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                To thy own self... Be true
                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I never saw any of the other incarnations of the show, but I'm enjoying this one!
                  sigpic

Comment

I thought I'd drop back in, see no one else has followed-up recently.

I'm now on page 18 of my "notes for a better Tomorrow People".

Yes, I'm managing to stick with this nonsense to see how absurd it becomes.
                    And please can anyone really tell me why bimbo girl Cara insists on revealing that she still has powers, to everyone at almost every opportunity. Is she really that "blonde"?

No, second thoughts, don't bother we all know it's just Hollywood stupidity to raise some idiotically predictable dramatic tension.

Be interesting to see how low this goes, but many thanks to the producers, the writers, their mums and BFFs, for all the inspiration they've given me to craft something better.

sigpic

Comment

I thought I'd drop back in, see no one else has followed-up recently.

I'm now on page 18 of my "notes for a better Tomorrow People".

Yes, I'm managing to stick with this nonsense to see how absurd it becomes.
                      And please can anyone really tell me why bimbo girl Cara insists on revealing that she still has powers, to everyone at almost every opportunity. Is she really that "blonde"?

No, second thoughts, don't bother we all know it's just Hollywood stupidity to raise some idiotically predictable dramatic tension.

Be interesting to see how low this goes, but many thanks to the producers, the writers, their mums and BFFs, for all the inspiration they've given me to craft something better.

This show could have been so much better, an for that matter so could have star crossed but at least there I can see signs that the producers and writers will do a smallville and get rid of all the crap CW have insisted on for the show to get commission by second or third season. I see no such progress with Tomorrow People. Both shows are terribly miss cast.
                      Last edited by knowles2; 15 March 2014, 01:18 PM.

Comment

I'm doing the best I can to stick it out, it's giving me so many ideas for better storylines and "How NOT, really, really not, to do it".
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm doing the best I can to stick it out, it's giving me so many ideas for better storylines and "How NOT, really, really not, to do it".
                          TTP can alway be remade again, maybe ITV will even take back the rights and do their version of the show in UK.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                            TTP can alway be remade again, maybe ITV will even take back the rights and do their version of the show in UK.
                            I keep thinking about a UK version of my ideas, but it wouldn't have the silly/glamour of a US production and I'd be constrained by the limited themes and ideas available here. Although I could split the story in two and spread the production with two parallel trans-Atlantic themes running concurrently. I still have to find that special hook for a UK version of mine to work.
                            sigpic

Comment

I loved this weeks 'super hero" episode.. At least it got some of the group thinking of actually doing somethig rather than just sulking around and waiting for Ultra to show up.
                              Personally i feel that if they DID show their powers as being helpful, it might actually go a lot more to getting RID of ultra than what they are currently trying.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                I loved this weeks 'super hero" episode.. At least it got some of the group thinking of actually doing somethig rather than just sulking around and waiting for Ultra to show up.
                                Personally i feel that if they DID show their powers as being helpful, it might actually go a lot more to getting RID of ultra than what they are currently trying.
                                Well yeah, a agency like Ultra can only exists in secret. But then they are led by a bloke that have been indoctrinated by ultra that if there existence is reveal they will be destroy, so it not surprising that they have chosen to keep secret.

I hope this other organisation is more organise than it seems to far, I would bet on them being able to take down ultra than our group living underground.

Comment

Working...
                                X