Recommend me a TV show, please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what about:

kyle xy: its about a teen who is found wondering the woods with no memories. as time goes on he does things that "normal" people can't, and begins to try to find out about his past. it has great character development, mostly serial storyline and hot main character . it ran 3 seasons though does end in a cliffhanger.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoK View Post
      I'm going to recommend a couple of shows, though I'm not going to say what they're about. I would suggest that you go look them up yourself, from what I've read on here.

Heroes
      Bleach
      Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood
      How I Met Your Mother
      Common Law (new show on USA)
      The Law and Order series (any of them, really)

Just out of curiousity, what's Sherlock about? I've heard people talk about it on here and I'm curious.
      1. HIMYM is to adult for Snow probably

2. i'll VM you
      sigpic
      Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Yeah, although I havent watched the fourth season of heroes, it was okay for a show and one that snow would probaly like, but still no word on which you actually decided to watch ?
        sigpic

Comment

You're looking for shows with a "good story".

- Game of Thrones
          - Sons of Anarchy
          - The Wire
          - Mad Men
          - Durham County (fantastic Canadian program that rivals the best. Col. Young and Mandy from SGU are in it.)
          - Boardwalk Empire
          - SGU for sure
          - Battlestar Galactica
          - Criminal Minds is surprisingly good television even though it's another cop show
          - Anything else on HBO that's not listed.

Shows for fun would include things like Entourage, Castle, among others. Rules of Engagement is quite funny.
          If you're looking for older-ish shows check out Crossing Jordan that was a good one too.

I have to ask given your wording and rejection of shows mentioned previously in this thread (including some on my list) how old are you if you can't watch TV without your mom? Should you be using the internet unsupervised?
          sigpic
          Originally posted by dacooker
          The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Comment

Well I know one show I wouldn't recommend for you based on your comments. Deadwood. Probably just a wee bit too much cursing, sex, nudity, violence and possibly gore for you. Great show though. I'd recommend it to anyone else though.

Justified. About a US Marshal in Kentucky, but not a cop show in the traditional sense. Has 3 seasons so far, 4th is on the way. Great story. Great dialogue. Good action. Yummy lead actor/character (Timothy Olyphant), though I suspect that's not a plus for you (He was also in Deadwood). Character based on books by Elmore Leonard. Easily my favorite show on tv right now.
            Last edited by LoneStar1836; 19 May 2012, 10:20 AM.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Your mom would like Highlander.
              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Everybody's moms like Highlander. Or more specifically, they like Duncan McLeod of the Clan McLeod. Hell, I like Duncan McLeod of the Clan McLeod. Let's face it, man or woman, you gotta be crazy to say no.
                Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

The Block
                  sigpic
                  Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Working...
                  X