Recommend me a TV show, please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    Alias & Chuck: I tried watching this, they were too cartoony for me to take seriously. I mean, I like goofy, but these shows took it too far.
    Anime: I don't watch cartoons.
    Babylon 5: Been there, done that with STS9. Is Babylon 5 all that different? Does it compare? By that, I mean, is it of equal quality?
    Battlestar Galactica: The premise just doesn't grab me.
    Bones, Castle, The Mentalist: I catch a rerun here and there on TV, but they just don't hold me.
    Boston Legal: I don't like lawyer shows, so I'll pass on this one.
    Buffy & Angel: I liked the initial concept of Buffy, but the later seasons and the spin-off got too weird and demonic. I'll pass.
    Doctor Who: Too many time paradoxes for me to dive into this. Every time the time lord travels through time and has a wacky adventure, the present he returns to should be very different. If this doesn't happen... fail.
    Fringe: Why?
    The Game of Thrones: What's this about?
    Grim: I'm not into supernatural TV shows.
    Highlander: What's this?
    Monk: I'm not really into cop shows.
    Prison Break: I don't care for prison-based fiction.
    Sherlock: I don't like PBS programming.
    Sliders: I like alternate reality shows, but not enough to follow a series dedicated to the subject.
    Smallville: Too much of a teen drama. Roswell is the only teen drama I actually like, and that's only because it involved aliens.
    Supernatural: It's demonic and goes against Christianity in every way possible. Pass.
    True Blood: What's this about?
    The Walking Dead: The bottom line is, my mom does not like zombie fiction, and I would be watching this in the office or living room. Is it going to be graphic? If yes, this show's out.
    Sherlock is a BBC programme.
    Well I think all of the above isgood, not to old, stuff have been said.

John Doe is good.
    Earth 2
    Andromeda.
    Space:Above and beyond
    Buckrogers
    Space 1999
    UFO
    Lost In Space
    Captain Scarlet and the myesterons
    Stingray
    Seven Days
    Invincible Man
    Outer Limits
    Twilight Zone
    Fastancy Island
    Prisoner (Both new and old are good, both will make you confuse as hell)
    Thunderbirds
    Space precinct
    Crusader
    Being Human (US and UK)
    Toach
    Event
    Lost
    Survivor
    Invasion Earth
    Terra nova
    Falling skies
    Merlin
    Taken
    First Wave
    The Dresden Files
    Deepwater Black
    Tremors
    Teh 4400
    Charlie Jade
    Earth final conflict
    v

there should be something in the above list you like

..........I need to find some new material. Anime is far superior to Western cartoons.

Comment

Captain Scarlett and Thunderbirds, someone likes thier marionnation
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        Captain Scarlett and Thunderbirds, someone likes thier marionnation
        Not my favourite style. But use to watch them when I was younger.

Comment

I can't believe you missed off Stingray!
          Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Originally posted by The Urban Spaceman View Post
            I can't believe you missed off Stingray!
            I did not, it 10th in the list.
            But I did missed Joe 90

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              I did not, it 10th in the list.
              But I did missed Joe 90
              Oh, fair enough. I just saw Gatefan mention Captain Scarlet and Thunderbirds. He must have missed Stingray.
              Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                Alias & Chuck: I tried watching this, they were too cartoony for me to take seriously. I mean, I like goofy, but these shows took it too far.
                Anime: I don't watch cartoons.
                Babylon 5: Been there, done that with STS9. Is Babylon 5 all that different? Does it compare? By that, I mean, is it of equal quality?
                Battlestar Galactica: The premise just doesn't grab me.
                Bones, Castle, The Mentalist: I catch a rerun here and there on TV, but they just don't hold me.
                Boston Legal: I don't like lawyer shows, so I'll pass on this one.
                Buffy & Angel: I liked the initial concept of Buffy, but the later seasons and the spin-off got too weird and demonic. I'll pass.
                Doctor Who: Too many time paradoxes for me to dive into this. Every time the time lord travels through time and has a wacky adventure, the present he returns to should be very different. If this doesn't happen... fail.
                Fringe: Why?
                The Game of Thrones: What's this about?
                Grim: I'm not into supernatural TV shows.
                Highlander: What's this?
                Monk: I'm not really into cop shows.
                Prison Break: I don't care for prison-based fiction.
                Sherlock: I don't like PBS programming.
                Sliders: I like alternate reality shows, but not enough to follow a series dedicated to the subject.
                Smallville: Too much of a teen drama. Roswell is the only teen drama I actually like, and that's only because it involved aliens.
                Supernatural: It's demonic and goes against Christianity in every way possible. Pass.
                True Blood: What's this about?
                The Walking Dead: The bottom line is, my mom does not like zombie fiction, and I would be watching this in the office or living room. Is it going to be graphic? If yes, this show's out.
                i think it this is a fair question, why start this thread when you reject everything we suggest then just leave it?
                sigpic
                Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Fair question Shep!

Ask again when you don't have to take your mom's viewing habits into account, Snowman.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                    Fair question Shep!

Ask again when you don't have to take your mom's viewing habits into account, Snowman.
                    thats basically a sweeter version of my question
                    sigpic
                    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by The Urban Spaceman View Post
                      Oh, fair enough. I just saw Gatefan mention Captain Scarlet and Thunderbirds. He must have missed Stingray.
                      Nah, I Just saw the ones I happen to know from knowles list, I was never a big fan of marionnation, but Scarlett and Thunderbirds were everywhere when I was younger, any others I simply would not have known of.
                      sigpic

Comment

You should definitely give Stingray a chance if you liked Thunderbirds and Scarlett.

Though it helps if you like mermaids too!

Comment

If you agree with the posters above if you are going to ask such a general questions please have an open mind. Yes everyone will not have the same interests but don't dismiss so quickly. I know from experience that some shows I overlooked in the past actually turned out better than I had imagined but there are still shows I thought were crap and still think they are.
                          sigpic

Favorite quote:
                          McKay: You shot me!
                          Sheppard: Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry.
                          Ronon: You shot me, too.
                          Sheppard: I’m sorry for shooting everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by python490 View Post
                            I know from experience that some shows I overlooked in the past actually turned out better than I had imagined...
                            So true. There are many shows in the past that I casually dismissed because they didn't appeal to me at the time. Then I'd watch an episode or two and be completely hooked. Nowadays I try not to easily dismiss anything without being more informed about it.

Comment

I'm going to recommend a couple of shows, though I'm not going to say what they're about. I would suggest that you go look them up yourself, from what I've read on here.

Heroes
                              Bleach
                              Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood
                              How I Met Your Mother
                              Common Law (new show on USA)
                              The Law and Order series (any of them, really)

Just out of curiousity, what's Sherlock about? I've heard people talk about it on here and I'm curious.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoK View Post
                                Just out of curiousity, what's Sherlock about? I've heard people talk about it on here and I'm curious.
                                Its a modern version of Sherlock Holmes, and quite well made IMHO.
                                Just imagine Holmes with access to modern tech, but keep the main characters and themes.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X