Wonder Woman (modern-day TV reboot) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
    Considering the amount of money they'll be saving when Smallville ends, I am surprised they couldn't afford it.
    I know...right...but I'm used to it. I've seen article after article since 1997 discussing a Wonder Woman series or movie. And there is always SOMETHING that gets in the way.
    sigpic

Comment

For me, the biggest problem is how do keep the character... respectable, for lack of a better word. Take Smallville for example, I would be worried that instead of getting Wonder Woman;

We'd get Wonder Woman;

Now I know that is a bit extreme, but many an episode did involve Lois in some reveal, rubber/latex/whatever outfit while undercover, or oh no, a magic spell has taken over the females so what will they dress in this week.

Having Clark run in slow motion makes sense because you want to make it seem he's running fast (Lee Majors did it all the time) but if they did it with Wonder Woman, does that make it Baywatch?

So I would rather hope it's not a weak excuse like money that keeps Wonder Woman off the air, but how to do it while keeping it respectful to the character and to women without aiming at pubescent boys.

sigpic

Comment

"The TV reboot of Wonder Woman is being postponed."

Oh I'm so shocked! Oh wait I'm not. Whatever. Got my daughter the recent animated movie for Christmas. Guess that's as good as we are going to get for now! I did enjoy it though every time Nathan Fillion spoke I went "Rick Castle". Wonder which character he did first?

My 10 year old son was playing one of his many Star Wars video games on the computer (I've lost track how many he has now) you know claiming in his boy's wisdom that WW wouldn't be interesting to watch. He was hooked right at the start. And it really takes something to get him away from a Star Wars game!
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

For me, the biggest problem is how do keep the character... respectable, for lack of a better word. Take Smallville for example, I would be worried that instead of getting Wonder Woman;

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/386...derwomanin.jpg

We'd get Wonder Woman;

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/5...adurance01.jpg

Now I know that is a bit extreme, but many an episode did involve Lois in some reveal, rubber/latex/whatever outfit while undercover, or oh no, a magic spell has taken over the females so what will they dress in this week.

Having Clark run in slow motion makes sense because you want to make it seem he's running fast (Lee Majors did it all the time) but if they did it with Wonder Woman, does that make it Baywatch?

So I would rather hope it's not a weak excuse like money that keeps Wonder Woman off the air, but how to do it while keeping it respectful to the character and to women without aiming at pubescent boys.
          Yes, I would want a respectable version of Wonder Woman...
          sigpic

Comment

Super! Wonder Woman Pilot Lands At NBC

David E. Kelley’s Wonder Woman pilot has landed at NBC, just weeks after the high-profile project appeared to have stalled, Deadline reports.

Earlier this month, all the majors took a pass on the series, due to its being shopped around late in the game plus its presumably big-ticket price tag. But with the NBC-Comcast deal now done, the Peacock’s purse strings grew a bit looser.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/01/super-...-lands-at-nbc/

Comment

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/386...derwomanin.jpg

We'd get Wonder Woman;

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/5...adurance01.jpg

Which version is the respectable one? Neither of them looks like Wonder Woman. One looks like a cosplayer and the other looks like someone on the cover of Maxim.

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post

David E. Kelley’s Wonder Woman pilot has landed at NBC, just weeks after the high-profile project appeared to have stalled, Deadline reports.

Earlier this month, all the majors took a pass on the series, due to its being shopped around late in the game plus its presumably big-ticket price tag. But with the NBC-Comcast deal now done, the Peacock’s purse strings grew a bit looser.

Is it too early to predict failure?

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post

Well, this is some good news!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                  Well, this is some good news!
                  Not really the description of the pilot is horrible. I can not believe DC signed off on this. It is no wonder how Marvel is doing better then DC ever will

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                    Not really the description of the pilot is horrible. I can not believe DC signed off on this. It is no wonder how Marvel is doing better then DC ever will
                    Didn't read that part too closely. So, I went back. Vigilante crimefighting corporated exec...hmmmm.....
                    sigpic

Comment

Didn't read that part too closely. So, I went back. Vigilante crimefighting corporated exec...hmmmm.....
                      They are making a Power Girl show & naming her Wonder Woman just for the name. That has Power Girl written all over it & not Wonder Woman. Unless this ****ing idiot writer does not know the difference between Wonder Woman & Power Girl. Once this show bombs then unless there is a Justice League movie this will be the end of anything solo Wonder Woman & Power Girl for that matter

Comment

They are making a Power Girl show & naming her Wonder Woman just for the name. That has Power Girl written all over it & not Wonder Woman. Unless this ****ing idiot writer does not know the difference between Wonder Woman & Power Girl. Once this show bombs then unless there is a Justice League movie this will be the end of anything solo Wonder Woman & Power Girl for that matter
                        Honestly...I've never heard of this "Power Girl."
                        sigpic

Comment

Where the hell does it mention this remotely involve Power Girl? She's a parallel version of Supergirl, so I can't see a DC TV series recasting a character already established in Smallville (because if the show pick ups, crossovers expected).

Plus different back stories, different powers, different identities. It's like doing a Kal-L (alternate reality Superman) series and calling him Captain Marvel.

If you watched Justice League, she was used as the CADMUS clone of Supergirl. However in Batman/Superman 1 (animated movie), the proper Power Girl was in it (and voiced by Allison Mack which was great).

sigpic

Comment

In the Comics she is Supermans Cousin from an Alternate Earth instead of Supergirl & she is for the most part described what is in the Wonder Woman thing

Comment

In the Comics she is Supermans Cousin from an Alternate Earth instead of Supergirl & she is for the most part described what is in the Wonder Woman thing
                              Ahhh...oklie doklie...
                              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Power Girl. Wonderful character.

As for a David E. Kelley-run Wonder Woman... I really don't think that the 'humour' evident in ALL his other shows [Ally McBeal, Boston Legal, Boston Public, etc.] is the least bit congruous with Diana. If he changes his signature style, we'll see... but I'm not too thrilled with him at the creative helm.
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X