Wonder Woman (modern-day TV reboot) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
    Sadly, the writers and the actress didn't have whatever it took for this show to generate positive pre-air buzz and the only good thing about this mess is that those involved realized it before it was aired.

The actress is beautiful, but just didn't seem right for the part of Wonder Woman and the issues with the costume just made things worse. I don't have any personal observations about the writing because this project was under the radar for me until the costuming fallout, but there seem to be a lot of criticism about where the writers were planning to take this version of WW. So, there were two big strikes against this from the beginning - dodgy writing and the wrong actress for the lead.

Although this is a blow for WW fans now, axing this almost certain train wreck before it aired could make it easier to revisit this idea, with the right creators/writers and actress, in the future.
    I agreee...I think that if the show had aired and then failed...it would've been worse.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Good is selective to the person watching it. Good is irrelvent to TV execs if it brings in the money. And as the old saying goes, "Sex Sells"
      Ain't that the truth, and unfortunately it isn't just TV this applies to
      sigpic

Comment

Just recently watched the pilot and I have to say that it was just horrible so glad it got canned. The actor whom played wonder woman was just horrific. Wonder woman is my fav female super heroes so I have high expectation. I can understand why its taken so long to even get a wonder woman movie out cause finding the right actor to play wonder women is going to be damn hard, it's like a needle in a hay stack.

The day that wonder woman hits the big or small screen with an actor that can really portray this iconic heroe I'll be very happy and excited.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X