No announcement yet.

The Superman Movie Series News/Trailers & General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There we go, just finished II: Donner. While a bunch of things at the end didn't make a lot of sense, this version is a ton more enjoyable than I remember II being.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Overall, I thought the first two Superman movies were great. I have seen those two so many times I have lost count.
      How about III and IV?
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I unfortunately haven't seen the Christopher Reeve movies, BUT I plan on getting Superman: the movie and the Donner Cut of II on Blu-Ray. And I don't plan on seeing III and IV ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          I unfortunately haven't seen the Christopher Reeve movies, BUT I plan on getting Superman: the movie and the Donner Cut of II on Blu-Ray. And I don't plan on seeing III and IV ever.
          GOOD!stick to that plan...u will be a better person for it lol

Comment

WB Confirms More 3D Superhero Movies

At ShowWest today, Warner Brothers executive Alan Horn made an announcement regarding the release of the studio's future superhero franchises. All DC Comic Book Films will now be distributed in 3D; an announcement that many knew was bound to come. That includes the upcoming Superman reboot and Christopher Nolan's third Batman film. Horn also responded to the outward criticism of late regarding films that are converted to 3D in post production. Horn said, on behalf of the studio, “in our opinion, conversion to 3D doesn’t lessen” the quality of the 3D experience.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=16032

Comment

I think everyone should watch III and IV, just because it helps prove that removing Donner from the Superman movies was a monumental mistake. IV has to be watched simply because it makes you really wonder why Gene Hackman would agree to return. I remember hearing that Reeve returned because of future project deals but serious, they must have thrown a truck load of money at Hackman.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                I think everyone should watch III and IV, just because it helps prove that removing Donner from the Superman movies was a monumental mistake. IV has to be watched simply because it makes you really wonder why Gene Hackman would agree to return. I remember hearing that Reeve returned because of future project deals but serious, they must have thrown a truck load of money at Hackman.
                Luthor's final score.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                  WB Confirms More 3D Superhero Movies

At ShowWest today, Warner Brothers executive Alan Horn made an announcement regarding the release of the studio's future superhero franchises. All DC Comic Book Films will now be distributed in 3D; an announcement that many knew was bound to come. That includes the upcoming Superman reboot and Christopher Nolan's third Batman film. Horn also responded to the outward criticism of late regarding films that are converted to 3D in post production. Horn said, on behalf of the studio, “in our opinion, conversion to 3D doesn’t lessen” the quality of the 3D experience.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=16032
                  Superman reboot??? I thought it was just rebooted...LOL
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    Ummm.....when was that?
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well making 400 million dollars at the box office wasn't good enough, so time to reboot again. Soon the movies will be like comic books, being done over and over again, the only difference between the movies will be redone every few years because people didn't think the first movie was good enough (like Hulk, and also like the two F4 movies) or because not enough money was made.

Superman (Reeves) to Batman (Burton/Schumacher) will be the golden age. Blade (1998) to Hulk (2003) and the Spiderman movies the Silver Age, Then we had, and are getting more into reboots, with Spiderman, Superman, Hulk , Fantastic Four, I'd still expect a Supergirl movie somewhere down the line, being rebooted so this can give us the bronze age.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Ummm.....when was that?
                      Superman Returns, although it's more like a sequel we had to wait 30 years for than a reboot.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        Ummm.....when was that?
                        2006...a little movie called Superman Returns (IMDB Info)

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                        Well making 400 million dollars at the box office wasn't good enough, so time to reboot again. Soon the movies will be like comic books, being done over and over again, the only difference between the movies will be redone every few years because people didn't think the first movie was good enough (like Hulk, and also like the two F4 movies) or because not enough money was made.

Superman (Reeves) to Batman (Burton/Schumacher) will be the golden age. Blade (1998) to Hulk (2003) and the Spiderman movies the Silver Age, Then we had, and are getting more into reboots, with Spiderman, Superman, Hulk , Fantastic Four, I'd still expect a Supergirl movie somewhere down the line, being rebooted so this can give us the bronze age.

Superman Returns, although it's more like a sequel we had to wait 30 years for than a reboot.
                        O_o...but nowhere in the original Superman movies (Reeves) did Superman leave the Earth to go off looking for his homeworld. So, I see it as a reboot. Although, it did seem that Routh did an excellent job of channeling Christopher Reeves in the movie.
                        sigpic

Comment

O_o...but nowhere in the original Superman movies (Reeves) did Superman leave the Earth to go off looking for his homeworld. So, I see it as a reboot. Although, it did seem that Routh did an excellent job of channeling Christopher Reeves in the movie.
                          He never left Earth in the Reeves movies, but Superman Returns basically ignores Superman III and IV so he left after the events of Lesters version of Superman II (and not Donners version of II), which is completely retconning III and IV out of existence. However I am not sure that any official word has been given on the continuity of Returns retconning of III and IV, so you are right about it being a reboot, but as far as reboots go, it's good that Singer tried to incorporate Superman I and II into his movie while ignoring III and IV.

Now that I think about it, since Returns was based on Lesters II, they don't need to come up with an excuse for reuse Marlon Brando's head, they could recast the role of Lara's head.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah but that's my point....I was always under the impression that Returns is a sequel of sorts to II (Lester) rather than a reboot.

Comment

I always saw Returns as a sequel to II as well, not only because it's was the only real way to do Superman movie without doing a new origin story and because of several key plot points that are directly inspired from II specifically. That is the thing that annoys me though, that Kryptonians have that weird psychic beam and worse, Superman's plastic suffocation shield.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah....I howl every time I see that Family Guy bit where they make fun of the plastic suffocation shield

Comment

Working...
                                X