The Superman Movie Series News/Trailers & General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
    He never left Earth in the Reeves movies, but Superman Returns basically ignores Superman III and IV so he left after the events of Lesters version of Superman II (and not Donners version of II), which is completely retconning III and IV out of existence. However I am not sure that any official word has been given on the continuity of Returns retconning of III and IV, so you are right about it being a reboot, but as far as reboots go, it's good that Singer tried to incorporate Superman I and II into his movie while ignoring III and IV.

Now that I think about it, since Returns was based on Lesters II, they don't need to come up with an excuse for reuse Marlon Brando's head, they could recast the role of Lara's head.
    True...but I still saw it as a reboot.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm watching the Superman movies from the start. I'll start with Superman, II (Lester cut), Returns, III then IV, Supergirl and maybe the Donner version of II. If the Superman movie is a reboot, I hope they use Miss Teschmacher. Nothing against Parker Posey, but I just think that Teschmacher was a better character.

sigpic

Comment

Miss Teschmacher was cool. Lex shouting her name... One of the memories of my mis-spent childhood!
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          Miss Teschmacher was cool. Lex shouting her name... One of the memories of my mis-spent childhood!
          Plus she had this sexy teacher/librarian thing going on a times. Rawr.

I love Lex shouting her name, one of those nice Luthor moments along with insulting the crap out of Otis.

sigpic

Comment

Plus she had this sexy teacher/librarian thing going on a times. Rawr.

I love Lex shouting her name, one of those nice Luthor moments along with insulting the crap out of Otis.
            Really? Sexy? Hmmmmm....
            sigpic

Comment

She was hot in a MILFy way. And a very human and believable character. Helping Lex in his plan but saving Superman and then having the NERVE to make him promise to save her mother first... Brilliant.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                She was hot in a MILFy way. And a very human and believable character. Helping Lex in his plan but saving Superman and then having the NERVE to make him promise to save her mother first... Brilliant.
                Even before saving Superman, if you've seen the special edition of the film, she seems concerned about Superman going through Lex's traps at the entrance to his hideout and happy when he made it through okay. So she was helping Lex, but seemed to have some sort of feelings towards Supes.

sigpic

Comment

'Superman' movie expected for 2012

Warner Bros has revealed that the latest Superman movie will arrive in 2012.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Christopher Nolan-guided superhero film is expected to get a release in time for the 2012 "holiday season".

Nolan's sequel to The Dark Knight has been been tentatively scheduled for July 20, 2012, suggesting that Superman will follow in Christmas that year.

Warner chairman and CEO Barry Meyer divulged the studio's plans for its upcoming blockbuster movies at Time Warner's investor day in New York, noting that DC Comics projects based on The Flash, Wonder Woman and Aquaman are close to being announced.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...-for-2012.html

Comment

It's good they finally announced something. Now all we need is for Nolan to come out and say the Returns actors will be coming back.

I have to say, I do like the idea of a new Nolan Batman and then Superman movie in the same year. For some reason, I could see this being a precursor to a proper Nolan developed Batman/Superman movie

sigpic

Comment

It's good they finally announced something. Now all we need is for Nolan to come out and say the Returns actors will be coming back.

I have to say, I do like the idea of a new Nolan Batman and then Superman movie in the same year. For some reason, I could see this being a precursor to a proper Nolan developed Batman/Superman movie
                      I really hope that is the case. I thoroughly enjoyed Superman Returns.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The less I have to see of Brandon Routh, the happier I'll be. You'd get a more compelling performance from a 2x4.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

My only problem with Returns was Lex and Lois. I had nothing against the actors, but the characters were just crap.

The same could be said for Superman, there wasn't really much time for him to really develop the character beyond bumbling Clark or being stiff as a plank with Supes.

sigpic

Comment

My only problem with Returns was Lex and Lois. I had nothing against the actors, but the characters were just crap.

The same could be said for Superman, there wasn't really much time for him to really develop the character beyond bumbling Clark or being stiff as a plank with Supes.
                            Hmm, I really didn't see things that way. To each their own.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

My only concern is that Nolan is known for writing dark stories and that really good for Batman since Batman has always been dark but Superman isn't usually dark
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                My only concern is that Nolan is known for writing dark stories and that really good for Batman since Batman has always been dark but Superman isn't usually dark
                                True, Superman can be dark but IMO it doesn't always work.

Comment

Working...
                                X