This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine View Post
    I suppose if the science does end up coming in to Lost, it might end up being SF. I did hope at first that it would, I just gave up waiting
    It does have time travel.

Of course it's not hard core sci-fi, but it has some elements to it so that you can't just classify it as a pure drama. And I wouldn't put it fully over in the fantasy category either.
    It's a mix of all three, imo.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

i dont even watch lost...i did the first season a bit...missed a few eps...got confused and decided its not worth watching anymore.iput it on the list because some said it was scifi.but it really doesnt sound very scifi to me at all.

Comment

Lost is scifi well ... after season 4 they really began with the sci-fi stuff, the first three ones not so much. well whatever.
        1.LOST
        2.Stargate SG1 / Atlantis
        3.Battlestar Galactica
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
          Out of curiosity, which of the two? DS9 or B5?
          Yes.
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I had a tough time since you could only choose one. My favs, not listed in a numerical order as I treasure each one equally:

Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica Remake, Space Above and Beyond, Stargates (all), UFO, Voyager, X Files.

Added mention - the delight I experienced as a child watching Ultraman each weekend is not yet forgotten. Don't know how it would play as an adult, but at the time it was magical. Now that is going back a long ways!
            ---------------------
            sigpic
            Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

I remain loyal to my FarScape.

Babylon 5 would be my #2.
              sigpic
              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
              Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                It does have time travel.

Of course it's not hard core sci-fi, but it has some elements to it so that you can't just classify it as a pure drama. And I wouldn't put it fully over in the fantasy category either.
                It's a mix of all three, imo.
                I would say it's about as scifi as you can get, as every plot element in the show bar character stuff is driven by scifi themes. There's absolutely no fantasy in it whatsoever.

Comment

The X-Files

Then Stargate
                  Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                  Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Working...
                  X