Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I will have to try and <snip> a re watch the series.
    Last edited by Skydiver; 10 April 2009, 12:47 PM.

Comment

i cant put every single scifi show on the list...theres too many to remember all of them!!!!thats wat the "other"option was for because i knew id miss a lot of em.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
        Lost is scifi simply because it uses science and technology to do the stuff it does.
        Lost never uses science or technology to do the stuff it does. The 'weird' stuff sometimes happens *to* scientific paraphernalia, like when the flight computers go on the fritz, but there's never been one scientific explanation for how there comes to be a semi-conscious island full of ghosts and smoke-monsters, which moves around and magically repairs parapleigics. It's fantasy with added magnets.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
          i cant put every single scifi show on the list...theres too many to remember all of them!!!!thats wat the "other"option was for because i knew id miss a lot of em.
          Excuses excuses excuses. Just cannot get the service nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            Excuses excuses excuses. Just cannot get the service nowadays.
            hey hey...i did my best aight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

My two faves aren't on the list.

Red Dwarf and Blakes 7.

Comment

Voted Farscape. Great show. Real characters...including the puppets. Engaging story. Awesome writing. A fine cast of actors. I couldn't ask for more in a show.

I'd also say Babylon 5 and Firefly. Picked Farscape because I had to choose just one but these two are just as high quality. Babylon 5 had a great story.

The next tier down would be new BSG, LOST, The X-Files, DS9, and SG-1. They could be really great shows, but I also had problems (some being major) with them, some more so than others.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  I took from it that it was going to be an endless unwinnable struggle - but one we'd make none the less.

That's why it's so great!
                  lol ok. I see what you mean, but I still aint gonny rewatch it, though.

Oh, aye, my vote went to that wee show set on a space station.
                  "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                    Oh, aye, my vote went to that wee show set on a space station.
                    Out of curiosity, which of the two? DS9 or B5?
                    Signed,

Gregorius
                    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                      Voted Farscape. Great show. Real characters...including the puppets. Engaging story. Awesome writing. A fine cast of actors. I couldn't ask for more in a show.

I'd also say Babylon 5 and Firefly. Picked Farscape because I had to choose just one but these two are just as high quality. Babylon 5 had a great story.

The next tier down would be new BSG, LOST, The X-Files, DS9, and SG-1. They could be really great shows, but I also had problems (some being major) with them, some more so than others.
                      On Farscape, my sentiments exactly.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Farscape? Is that really what we've come to?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                        MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
                          Farscape? Is that really what we've come to?
                          hey!dont hate on Farscape...that is some great scifi tv and is the best as far as im concerned!!!....
                          Spoiler:
                          well the best that iv seen so far

Comment

Doctor Who was my pick.

If I'd been allowed runners up, it'd have been hard to choose between B5 and Farscape.

Red Dwarf and DS9 complete my top five.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine View Post
                              I think the reason so many people don't find Lost to be SF is that although all the trappings of the 'impossible' stuff is pseudo-scientific, like magnets and computers couting down, the actual form that the impossible stuff takes - like moving islands, I See Dead People, smoke monsters, coincidental ties emerging between everyone that ever appeared onscreen and every other character - and all that is very Fantasy indeed. It's more Twin Peaks than X Files.
                              But the longer it goes on the more obvious it becomes things aren't all coincidental. Things that we can't understand always seem like magic, until we can, and that's where the science comes in.

[snip]
                              Last edited by Madeleine; 11 April 2009, 05:21 AM. Reason: changing words in oter people's quotes

Comment

I suppose if the science does end up coming in to Lost, it might end up being SF. I did hope at first that it would, I just gave up waiting

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X