This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine View Post
    That thing on BBC2 about 12 years ago which got cancelled after one series?

I used to think you were sane, FOB
    It aired in 1998, so more like 11 years ago

From what I remember, it was a fantastic bit of British Sci Fi! The RAF Vs an alien menace - what more can you ask for!? Plus - non humanoid aliens. Brilliant!

Besides, it's British TV... you only expected things to run for one series, anything else was amazing or a sitcom.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

For me, it will always be a toss-up between SG-1 and Farscape.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine View Post
        That thing on BBC2 about 12 years ago which got cancelled after one series?

I used to think you were sane, FOB
        Spoiler:
        Actually it ended naturally with one series. It wrap everything up in a nice little package. Which basically was there only so many time they could attempt a mass invasion and we have already chosen to stand and fight or in this case we basically declared that we would rather nuc our planet to death rather than become slaves. The show ended with a fifty megaton nuclear bomb destroying enough of the life forms surrounding there life sucking machine to let it run out of energy, collapsing there portal and forcing them to open a other one, which takes enormous energy, simply we were not worth the hassle.

So it was a descent serious and deserve to be on the list.
        I cannot decide on what is my absolute favorite is.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
          Spoiler:
          Actually it ended naturally with one series. It wrap everything up in a nice little package. Which basically was there only so many time they could attempt a mass invasion and we have already chosen to stand and fight or in this case we basically declared that we would rather nuc our planet to death rather than become slaves. The show ended with a fifty megaton nuclear bomb destroying enough of the life forms surrounding there life sucking machine to let it run out of energy, collapsing there portal and forcing them to open a other one, which takes enormous energy, simply we were not worth the hassle.

So it was a descent serious and deserve to be on the list.
          I cannot decide on what is my absolute favorite is.
          And yet the dastards at the BBC won't bring it out on DVD! *sobs*

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            And yet the dastards at the BBC won't bring it out on DVD! *sobs*
            shame but I guest there simply no demand for it.

Taken most certainly be added to the list of great scifi. A second series is/was apparently coming out, but the girl actress went on to do little things like War Of Worlds, I am guesting it would cost to much to do which is a shame.
            Earth final conflict is up there to. It seem to get no credit at all.
            Andromeda was great, shame they never go permission to set in the Star trek universe like it was meant to be.

Comment

I'd say B5. It set the tone for most modern day SciFi with its seasonal arc, and with a big overarcing arc over all the seasons. Every other series since B5 has used this method, from Farscape to the BSG remake.
              Signed,

Gregorius
              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

SG-1 without a doubt.

But Firefly was a really close second.

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
                Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                  What? Andromeda was based on Gene Roddenberry's notes.
                  i have never seen it,heard its good...no idea that it was meant to be apart of the Star Trek universe!!interesting???

Originally posted by Gate Rider View Post
                  SG-1 without a doubt.

But Firefly was a really close second.
                  those are my number 2 and 3.after seeing Farscape finally the last few weeks...im blown away and it takes my top spot!

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                    i have never seen it,heard its good...no idea that it was meant to be apart of the Star Trek universe!!interesting???
                    Oh nonononono! Andromeda was based on his notes for a non-Trek show, just like Earth: Final Conflict was based on his notes. It was supposed to be a look at a universe in a state after the fall [snicker] of a Federation-like stellar alliance [snicker 2].
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

well someone above me said that it was or something....i have never even followed it so im just going off what is being said about it

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                        Oh nonononono! Andromeda was based on his notes for a non-Trek show, just like Earth: Final Conflict was based on his notes. It was supposed to be a look at a universe in a state after the fall [snicker] of a Federation-like stellar alliance [snicker 2].
                        Though it was still a good series, if you lop off season 5 and forget it ever existed. Ever. And maybe some select episodes in between.

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                          i have never seen it,heard its good...
                          It was OK... I guess. Most of the time, it went for cheap action over decent writing/acting. Tyr was the best/most interesting character on the show. Everyone else... blah.
                          sigpic
                          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                            What? Andromeda was based on Gene Roddenberry's notes.
                            It was developed from rough notes of gene roddenberry, but a lot of basic premises would fit in well with in the Star trek universe, commonwealths is virtually identical to the federation and Nietzscheans, well they sought of reminds me of the Klingons, there even version of the borg in the tv series, and the Q race was rename Paradine. See it just Startrek but a other name to avoid all the legal hassle of court.

Comment

Sorry. I misread your post. Ugh. I thought you said Star Wars.
                              sigpic
                              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I notice Heroes isn't on here

by commander of the uss capricorn

Comment

Working...
                                X