No announcement yet.

V (ABC) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohh, tough time slot. I can't see it lasting long sitting there.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

ABC's President Steve McPherson had said in May that V would, assuming it was a success, run for four seasons. I asked the Executive Producers if this was still the plan, and Peters replied, "We've got [the story] all mapped out and pretty solid direction for everything. We certainly know where we're going for the first reason and second season and we have a really solid plan the whole way though." Added Jeffrey Bell, "We know what the end is. We know where we're going. Whether that's three years, four years or beyond that, it's gravy. There is a plan and we'll stick to that."
      http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/101/1012372p1.html

Comment

That would be cool if it did run for four season!
        sigpic

Comment

I really like the idea that they already know where they want to go with it.

I'd hate to see it run popular right out of the gate and then flounder like Lost did.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
            I really like the idea that they already know where they want to go with it.

I'd hate to see it run popular right out of the gate and then flounder like Lost did.
            It did?

Comment

Absolutely. You could tell in the middle seasons that they had no idea what they were doing. Of course, not everyone feels that way, and I'm not surprised that you're one of them. It's rare we agree on anything The last season of Lost has kicked butt, tho, so its good to see they're back on track.

When writers have a plan, it does tend to show in the plot and character development. When they don't, its just - messy. I'm glad V has a plan
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                That would be cool if it did run for four season!
                Yeah, it would. However, I am not getting my hopes up. TV has let me down way too much over the years.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

V producer on who might return and other homages

Scott Peters, executive producer of ABC's upcoming V series, confirmed that producers have spoken with Jane Badler, the actress who memorably played the evil alien leader Diana in Kenneth Johnson's original V miniseries, on which the new show is based, about possibly playing a role in the new series.

"Jane Badler has approached our producers and has been in touch here and there," Peters (The 4400) said in an exclusive interview over the weekend at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Pasadena, Calif.

continues:
                  http://scifiwire.com/2009/08/v-produ...ho-might-r.php

Comment

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing any of the original cast come back for some guest spots. I'd love to see Jane play a good guy and Marc to be a big bad Visitor!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      Yeah, it would. However, I am not getting my hopes up. TV has let me down way too much over the years.
                      Awwww....
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                        I'm definitely looking forward to seeing any of the original cast come back for some guest spots. I'd love to see Jane play a good guy and Marc to be a big bad Visitor!
                        Same here. Some of the original cast as guest stars would be great to see.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                          V producer on who might return and other homages

Scott Peters, executive producer of ABC's upcoming V series, confirmed that producers have spoken with Jane Badler, the actress who memorably played the evil alien leader Diana in Kenneth Johnson's original V miniseries, on which the new show is based, about possibly playing a role in the new series.

"Jane Badler has approached our producers and has been in touch here and there," Peters (The 4400) said in an exclusive interview over the weekend at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Pasadena, Calif.

continues:
                          http://scifiwire.com/2009/08/v-produ...ho-might-r.php
                          Very nice...I hope she does make it onto the show. Any news on Faye Grant (I think that's her name)...she played Julie in the original.
                          sigpic

Comment

Exclusive - V - Episode 1.02 - Casting Call

This episode will be directed by Fred Toye and will film between the 24th August and the 2nd September.

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...ting-call.html
                            Last edited by Madwelshboy; 13 August 2009, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                              Exclusive - V - Episode 1.02 - Casting Call

This episode will be directed by Fred Toye and will film between the 24th August and the 2nd September.

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...ting-call.html
                              Nice...thanks MWB
                              sigpic

Comment

Casting News

Actor Josh Blacker (who'll appear on SGU as Sgt. Spencer] has booked a role on V. From his twiter:

Been out of twitterland for a bit enjoying time with friends and family. Back at it with big news. Just booked a great role on ABC's "V".44 minutes ago from web
                                http://twitter.com/JoshBlacker/status/3366835666

Comment

Working...
                                X