Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defying Gravity - News/Articles/Discussion (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
    i'll be watching ep 12 tonight would like to share a theory with everyone

Spoiler:
    jen and wass don't hallucinate because of beta, jen cannot see beta, my theory is that each entity is linked with one of the crew, everyone except wass. jen is linked with beta, hence why she cannot see it, so everyone will not beable to see one of the entities. also each entity is linked with a specific emotion. wass is the 8th member tasked with studying the entities with his specific interest in fractals. if i have to ammend this theory at the end of the season so be it,

but rumours are saying that it is not cancelled!! so that is good news for more seasons
    http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00027216.html
    http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=8293
    http://www.tvovermind.com/tv-news/de...comment-page-3
    http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/6696

this news is over a month old, but is apparently the newest news on that!
    since bbc airing starts this wednesday, we'll have to see how it goes
    I like the theory that there's a one for one relationship between the crew and their passengers, as well as the idea that each of the passengers is associated with a specific emotion.
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
      I like the theory that there's a one for one relationship between the crew and their passengers, as well as the idea that each of the passengers is associated with a specific emotion.
      Thankyou

Spoiler:
      no way to know until we meet gamma really. but my guess will be that jen can see it but someone else can't my guess is nadia. and that gamma's emotion is lust or something.
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

is it gamma they're picking up from Venus?
        Spoiler:
        If it is then Zoe is screwed if she can't see it

Comment

Thankyou

Spoiler:
          no way to know until we meet gamma really. but my guess will be that jen can see it but someone else can't my guess is nadia. and that gamma's emotion is lust or something.
          Spoiler:
          or guilt would be my guest. Gamma could be invoke that guilt using the illusion of the baby crying, Zoe has certainly got some guilt in her for terminating the pregnancy.
          May the fractals entities feed of emotions.

An it was cool rewatching the opening two episodes on the BBC, it was fun linking all the flash backs together and realising the connection.

Comment

UK Ratings for Ep 1/2

BBC Two's MasterChef: The Professionals took 3.53m (14.9%) between 8.15pm and 9pm, then a double bill of new sci-fi drama Defying Gravity managed 1.72m (7.7%) and 1.44m (7.2%) at 9pm and 9.45pm
            http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...ws-505000.html

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              Spoiler:
              or guilt would be my guest. Gamma could be invoke that guilt using the illusion of the baby crying, Zoe has certainly got some guilt in her for terminating the pregnancy.
              May the fractals entities feed of emotions.

An it was cool rewatching the opening two episodes on the BBC, it was fun linking all the flash backs together and realising the connection.
              Spoiler:
              but beta is supposed to be guilt, unless they are wrong and it's actually regret, but is there that much difference? and my theory doesn't allow for both of them to be guilt, that's silly i only think lust because of the connection with "venus" it could be anything, i could well be proven completely wrong! it could be that the baby was a product of her and donner's lust.
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                Well it beat tru blood by about 500,000 viewers.

Those figures about average for the BBC 2.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  but beta is supposed to be guilt, unless they are wrong and it's actually regret, but is there that much difference? and my theory doesn't allow for both of them to be guilt, that's silly i only think lust because of the connection with "venus" it could be anything, i could well be proven completely wrong! it could be that the baby was a product of her and donner's lust.
                  Spoiler:
                  I guest Beta does match guilt better, as the visions that beta has cause has been about guilt.

Comment

Just finish watching the last episode of defying Gravity.
                    An all I got say is WOW, best piece scifi I scene in ages.

Spoiler:
                    Paula puke and her vision an what happen, so sad for her. Her father is a peodo an yet he was the one who cause the miracle to happen which been guiding her through her whole life. She going to be going through emotional hell right now.

Zoe walk on venus was superbly done, the SFX was brilliant as usual.

There big mistake with the rock in the background, I am pretty sure the geeks of the internet would of tweeted about probably less than a second after it aired, okay may be more like two to three seconds after it aired but still there no way they going to be able to cover that up. Love how the one leg man was the one who sent the text, I was betting on it being the indian bloke, which sort of told the reporter to watch the video, just not what for.

I like how they link in the physical changes into the collecting of the objects, and how they are enhancing the crew. The trials, one got to wonder where the trials are leading the crew to an what the other trials will involve, the rest seem pretty simple compare to venus.

Shame we still do not know how Zoe got readmitted to the program.

Love the little bucket tattoo on the foot, there was before the bucket an then there was after the bucket.

Sad to see this program come to a end. I hope through some merical we will get a other season or at least answers to our questions.
                    Last edited by knowles2; 24 October 2009, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Well, I've been watching episode 13 like I would drink a rare and precious single malt scotch, which is slowly as if to savor every last drop.

OK, well that's a little mellow dramatic, but this ep is pure gold. I don't think that there has ever been a program that I started out not liking too much, and then having it end up becoming one of my all time favorites.

You know, I would settle for a comic book if we could see this one through.

How bout the guy who said his father heard that it had been renewed? Has anyone heard anything to substantiate that report?

I guess I'll go on and watch the second half and then I'll report back with a spoiler post...

Comment

Spoiler:
                        This episode can be boiled down to a couple main events. Allow me to say, though, this was extremely well done. The title was, "Kiss" and as usual, they interwove key kisses into the story line. The episode consisted of Zoey retrieving the Gamma object which I believe was almost 300 meters from the lander. The suits life expectancy for an EVA on Venus was 20 minutes or, about 100 meters. They did a good job keeping me on the edge of my seat while Zoey struggled to get to the object, (the object called to her via the sound of a crying baby). She reached to object and picked it up. To her, it appeared to be a newborn infant. The trip back was just as hair-raising as her suit continues to fail and the temperture increased to dangerous levels. She made it to the lander only to have a breach in one of the suits seals. So, she's basically a dead girl walking and still had to take a couple more steps get into the lander. Once the breach occurred she had no choice other than to hold her breath, as one toke of the Venus atmosphere would be fatal. She makes in on-board, they manage to lift off and rendezvous. Zoey is still alive and regains consciousness on about the last frame of the episode. She suffered 1st and 2cd degree burns on 50% of her body,she also sustained some pretty bad damage to her lungs. The flight surgeon on Earth gave her a 20% chance to recover.

Sorry to rush this, but my team is playing football right now...

The guy in mission control who has the artificial leg appears to have finally sold out to the reporter. This was also shown in the last minute. They may have shown how he originally lost his leg earlier in the series, but I can't recall now. After Zoey made it back inside the lander, mission control cut loose and had a small celebration. This moment was ruined when electric leg guy said something like, 'Another one bites the dust". The Indian guy in MC looked as if he was going to kill him and for the first time since the shows beginning, Goss actually had something good to say.

The episode is basically, Zoey getting the oject, her return trip, and arriving back on the ship. The flashbacks were very well done and Knowles is right, we still don't know how Zoey got back into the program.

Comment

Great episode, sad to see this program go. It started off slow but really picked up the pace, too bad it won't be around for a second season.
                          Spoiler:

I'm surprised the episode didn't end in a cliffhanger, although I'm glad it didn't. There are still lots of questions that remain unanswered but at least the episode provides some closure.

Things I'd like to know:
                          1) What is the true purpose of the alien objects.
                          2) How did Zoey get back into the space program
                          3) Why Jen can't see the objects
                          4) The reason behind Nadia's hallucination
                          5) What happened to Arnaud during the program that resulted in him losing his leg
                          sigpic

Comment

I plan to watch this one again, but realistically, it's not going to be to later in the week. In the meantime can someone give me their take on...

Spoiler:
                            Nadia's father? What's the deal with him? Maybe I'm taking it wrong but is this guy a pervert? It's like I'm not getting the dialogue right or something. I'm thinking that the part of Nadia's miracle that she has been repressing is that she is the one who left the door open thereby causing her dog to get hit by the car. Then I guess that it was her Dad who gave CPR to the dog which takes a little of the wonder out of her miracle. I guess I'm just not getting what the significance her, "miracle" has on the grand scheme of things in the show.

Comment

^ It's Paula not Nadia.

Very sad there won't be another season... It was a great show ruined by someone over at ABC headquarters for gods know what reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                                ^ It's Paula not Nadia.

Very sad there won't be another season... It was a great show ruined by someone over at ABC headquarters for gods know what reason.
                                Given that its just starting its run on BBC, it could take off across the pond and then make its way to BBC America.
                                The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Working...
                                X