Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defying Gravity - News/Articles/Discussion (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Paula not Nadia.

Yeah, sorry about that, goes to prove I can't multi-task worth crap
    ABC paid very little to air the show, in fact their investment was so low that they didn't think twice about pulling the plug mid run after mediocre ratings. I've read that they've been mildly surprised with the fan support the show has received since they took it out of the line-up.

The BBC ratings don't look too bad and the preliminary Space ratings in Canada look decent too. I'm thinking, (and hoping) that this one might get a reprieve before all is said and done. Of course if it gets more episodes, it would be doubtful we'd see anything next year, but, anytime would be better than no-time...

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
      Great episode, sad to see this program go. It started off slow but really picked up the pace, too bad it won't be around for a second season.
      Spoiler:

I'm surprised the episode didn't end in a cliffhanger, although I'm glad it didn't. There are still lots of questions that remain unanswered but at least the episode provides some closure.

Things I'd like to know:
      1) What is the true purpose of the alien objects.
      2) How did Zoey get back into the space program
      3) Why Jen can't see the objects
      4) The reason behind Nadia's hallucination
      5) What happened to Arnaud during the program that resulted in him losing his leg
      I think 5 is the answer to two, but how 5 happened is another question, maybe the guy in mission control has had other car accidents?

To me the episode felt like a series ending one, no cliffhanger as such, which was good so that if it doesn't come back, it's no big deal.

Was a good series

Comment

I will definitely miss this show. It was just getting to the really good stuff too.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
          The BBC ratings don't look too bad and the preliminary Space ratings in Canada look decent too. I'm thinking, (and hoping) that this one might get a reprieve before all is said and done. Of course if it gets more episodes, it would be doubtful we'd see anything next year, but, anytime would be better than no-time...
          Yea I have my fingers crossed, but the chances are slim at best.

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
          I think 5 is the answer to two, but how 5 happened is another question, maybe the guy in mission control has had other car accidents?

To me the episode felt like a series ending one, no cliffhanger as such, which was good so that if it doesn't come back, it's no big deal.

Was a good series
          I was thinking that too when I was writing the questions, but there's always the possibility its related to something else.

It was definitely a good series, and maybe one day we will find out the answer to some of these questions.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
            Yea I have my fingers crossed, but the chances are slim at best.

I was thinking that too when I was writing the questions, but there's always the possibility its related to something else.

It was definitely a good series, and maybe one day we will find out the answer to some of these questions.
            Sadly, I won't be holding my breath on that one.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I think the least ABC should do is finish season one.

Comment

Originally posted by ImzadiFan View Post
                I think the least ABC should do is finish season one.
                I think they will.
                The question is will they air the episodes in a dead zone like saturday or Friday night or will they air on a descent night with a other descent show support, who knows.

One thing I notice is that very few people knew about the show but a lot of them once they seen few episodes have actually like it. It seem this show four or five episodes to get into.

A other thing is a lot of people who like it an watch the first 8 episodes on tv probably just downloaded the others from the net.

Comment

i enjoyed the first two episodes that aired on BBC last week, i thought final i new decent series, then i read it was cancelled on one website then it was only rumours on another and ABC said they havent cancelled it. so can anyone set the recorded straight, is it or not?
                  sigpic
                  First time using GIMP2 can't say its not a bad job
                  MGM, Sci-Fi Channel and the Creators are

I'll only watch SGU coz theres nowt to do on tuesday nites.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmylad89 View Post
                    i enjoyed the first two episodes that aired on BBC last week, i thought final i new decent series, then i read it was cancelled on one website then it was only rumours on another and ABC said they havent cancelled it. so can anyone set the recorded straight, is it or not?
                    We do not know officially, there just rumours an pictures of sets discarded in the skip. We will not know until it as aired in all of its current markets which paid for the show to be produce, Which means December/ January for the BBC, not sure about the Germans .
                    Apparently ABC is suprise by fan support of the program and you got imagine that they would not make that statement unless there was something in it for them, an it cannot just be to make friends with a few fans, which means they making some money from somewhere from the show.

So far it got averaged figures from the UK an Canada airing. The buzz about the program have actually grown on the internet to.
                    May be ABC relies they made a mistake treat this has summer burn off. It would of made a ideal partner for Lost in my opinion, a lot of Lost fans who I know love the program an the mystery behind it.

Comment

I'd like to see it turned into a graphic novel.
                      The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                        I'd like to see it turned into a graphic novel.
                        Anything is possible.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          Anything is possible.
                          That's the spirit!

Hope is always a good thing.

Comment

Sad to say, Nell and I were discussing the show with another GWer. She looked up the information, about the show on her I-Phone and they said on Oct 22 they dismantled the sets in Vancouver. I don't know what site she was on but I'm very disappointed they were in such a rush to kill the show. I really enjoyed it's short life.
                            sigpic

Comment

Watched all 13 episodes. Not too bad. Solid cast. Like how they run the flashbacks throughout the episodes. Works really well imo.
                              Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Honestly, I was on the edge of my seat during episode 13.
                                Spoiler:
                                Star of the show or not, I wasn't so sure that Zoe was going to make it. Gamma is smart. Pulling her towards it with a powerful motivator overriding her scientific sense, a mother seeking her crying baby. I admit it, I'm a Shipper, and not only do I appreciate the character development of DG but I like the Donner and Zoe storyline. In fact, relationships were prominent in this episode. Love manifested in a "Kiss".
                                End of sappiness
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X