Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well as far as I can tell only one person in the current timeline does know: Omar. Everyone else ignores his comments or chooses to think he's kidding. I think it's a clever and very welcome twist... although I'll be curious to see how he handles the situation if he should actually die in front of- for example- his partner only to pop up again later. Write it off as not being as bad as it seemed or go for more of a "toldja so" attitude?

Comment

I had a chance to watch the first two episodes this week--not bad. I'm liking this show, so of course it's falling in the ratings.

I like the fact that John drops hints about his past. It's a wink to the audience--while giving us a peek at his backstory--and a way of hiding the truth in plain sight for those he interacts with on a daily basis.

Comment

Episode Details for 1x06 "Legacy"

Spoiler:
        A MURDER GETS PERSONAL ON "NEW AMSTERDAM" MONDAY, MARCH 31 ON FOX

When police find a bullet-ridden body in an apartment in Chinatown, John and Eva are called to investigate. The deceased young man’s striking similarity to Roosevelt, a lost son of John’s from the early 1900s, prompts him to take a personal stance on the case. The search for the killer leads John to the Spoors, a violent crime family headed by Roosevelt’s kin. The discovery makes John question the actions of his past and the reverberating consequences they have on those around him on the “Legacy” episode of NEW AMSTERDAM airing Monday, March 31 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Guest Cast: Susan Misner as Callie Burnett, Jamie Harrold as Mank, Adam Storke as Nicolas Spoor, Giancarlo Esposito as James Lawson, Kathryn Meisle as Samantha, Zachary Booth as Roosevelt/Alex Spoor, Nestor Serrano as Eddie Marquez, Larry Keith as Theo Spoor, Alyssa Sutherland as Alice Crayborn, Bess Rous as Gina Warner, Andrew Pang as Feng, Matt Caplan as Terry Walters, Randall Duk Kim as Donald Chen, Tina Benko as Amelia, Julie McNiven as Model, Flint Beverage as Brock, Wai Ching Ho as Asian Woman and Shing Ka as Asian Man.

Source: Fox

Comment

What did you guys think of last night's episode?

I thought it was well done but why are they rushing the romance?

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
            I thought it was well done but why are they rushing the romance?
            My guess? They're rushing it because she isn't The One. Get it out of the way now and leave him baffled and even MORE adrift as he tries to figure out what went wrong and if he really wants to keep doing this and if she wasn't The One then who is?

Either that or it'll be a whole season of him trying to figure out what the "when your hearts unite" thing means. My guess, though, is that Dr. Hotness is just a red herring.

Comment

I tend to think the doctor is also a red herring. It's tough to swallow their romance as "true love," when they haven't had much screentime together and don't know each other well at all...kind of feels like true lust rather than true love to me.

Or it's possible they are rushing the romance because the season is short (7 to 13 episodes, isn't it?).

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                The writers throw around the fact that he can't die way too much. That sounded confusing let me explain. They don't try to protect the secret as much as I thought they would. IMO it would be a lot better if maybe only one person knew. And everyone else just says what?
                I too, have become slightly annoyed with the fact John jokes so much about "his situation". It was funny the first couple episodes, now its become kind of annoying. That being said, I can understand his disdain with holding such a secret. John has become so jaded with life and living, I get the feeling he does'nt care if extra people know about his longevity.

I loved last nights episode (Honor). It just keeps getting better and better. I got the feeling (and I hope) Fox is going to keep New Amsterdam.

I loved this quote from last nights episode ....

Sara: You walk away from a major MI, no sign of cardiac damage, you survive multiple shootings and stabbings… you're either the luckiest man alive or the unluckiest.

John: Well, that'll depend on whether you'll have dinner with me tonight. - John is quite the sly fox.

Comment

I liked this show at first, but I'm getting bored quickly. The flashbacks are too much like "Highlander", and I don't like his doc lady-friend at all. I hope she isn't "the one", but I'm going to need a fresh twist of something to keep me interested.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I kinda hope the doctor is a red herring. That would make things more interesting. I never could figure out why he zeroed in on her as "the one" anyway, since there were more than a dozen women on that platform when he had his heart attack.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Plus, did it even have to be a woman that was right on the platform. My personal theory is that it is Eva, his partner. I think that would be way cool. They already have a pretty good chemistry, and she can sure keep up with him.

Comment

I keep suspecting that it might be Eva. I don't mind the doc but their romance is moving too fast for this to be it. I only hope they don't go too heavy on the angst.

Last night's episode was interesting but the show is proving my concerns. The immortality issue is the hook but what else is there that's unique or done in a different way? It seems this show is heavily dependent on the John throwing out obscure facts about New York being intriguing....it isn't really.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

So is anyone still watching?

SyFy Portal says New Amsterdam loses 50 Percent of Audience
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm still watching...though after reading that article it looks like no one will be for much longer. I'm still finding it entertaining; I like the sci-fi/mystery subgenre.

Comment

I watched Mondays episode and thought it was the best of the lot so far. We learned that John has fathered 63 children. I also laughed at the scene where Sara tell's John "I googled you" where John dead pans "I feel so violated". I still think the show has potential to be very good.

Comment

I still like it. It isn't a show that makes me rush to the comp as soon as it's over so I can discuss everything that happened, but I find it fun to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X