This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
    Yeah they can laugh their butts off then the daleks will turn them to dust along with every other race in stargate .
    *nods* Go Daleks! They might look funny but are terribly effective when fighting.
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

who are the Daleks?
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
        who are the Daleks?
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=qu1_AguulJ8
        The 'Pepper pot' lookalikes.

Comment

The Daleks are nearly on par with the Time Lords who would run rings around the Ancients/Ori/Asurans..
          I join the "They don't fit in Stargate theme here" but they're still cool.

But as I said before, the Timelord as enemies ... now THAT would be cool. Can you imagine the expedition against them, against multiple Battle-Tardis, against the Master and The Doctor fighting at the same side?
          Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qu1_AguulJ8
            The 'Pepper pot' lookalikes.
            thanks, and the Timelords?
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

The Daleks are nearly on par with the Time Lords who would run rings around the Ancients/Ori/Asurans.
              Right... With their phone boxes and screw drivers

I just see Dr. Who more of... kids entertainment. Not sure why, maybe it's the fact he flies around in a phonebox... maybe it's the fact that the 'worst enemes in the universe' look like (and make use of) kitchens appliances, and couldn't even get up stairs until recently... or maybe it's just the timeslot it is in on BBC1 I don't mind it. It's fun. I PERSONALLY just don't think it is to be taken seriously compared to other SciFi shows, certainly American ones. But then, I take Torchwood a hell of alot more seriously, even though it is set in the same universe.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                thanks, and the Timelords?
                Look it up on wikipedia. Basically they are the elite of the ancient Gallifreyan species who have complete mastery of time. They have no equals when it comes to intelligence and technology and they can "live forever barring accidents".
                Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                  I join the "They don't fit in Stargate theme here" but they're still cool.

------------

But as I said before, the Timelord as enemies ... now THAT would be cool. Can you imagine the expedition against them, against multiple Battle-Tardis, against the Master and The Doctor fighting at the same side?
                  See, I thought they were pretty cool in the season that had the Ninth Doctor in it in the episode 'Dalek' and the finale, but then they have totally overused them, and now I just find them pretty laughable.

------------

And then the Ancients would just come down and destroy the timelords.

(Makes about as much sense as the idea of the Master and the Doctor trying to destroy Atlantis lol...)

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post

I just see Dr. Who more of... kids entertainment. Not sure why, maybe it's the fact he flies around in a phonebox... maybe it's the fact that the 'worst enemes in the universe' look like (and make use of) kitchens appliances, and couldn't even get up stairs until recently... or maybe it's just the timeslot it is in on BBC1 I don't mind it. It's fun. I PERSONALLY just don't think it is to be taken seriously compared to other SciFi shows, certainly American ones. But then, I take Torchwood a hell of alot more seriously, even though it is set in the same universe.
                    Lol mate you've obviously aren't a doctor who fan, the Timelords would've put the ancients to shame. About the 'phonebox', you know that isn't the true look of the Tardis don't you? And that 'Screwdriver' outclasses any of the ancients little toys.

Doctor who isn't a kids show nor comes across as one, just watch 'The Satan Pitt' to see that along with most Doctor Who episodes, they would give kids nightmares along with confuse the little brats with the science talk. The only reason it can't be compared with the US scifi shows is because of it's smaller budget and that it's camp but that it what makes the show so much fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                      Read the books, the Timelords are a whole lot more menacing there and have far more powerful weapons.

Doctor Who is a whole lot more serious than a lot of American SciFi shows and has a higher quality. Question: Where can you find episodes such as "The empty Child, The Doctor Dances, Bad Wolf, The Parting of Ways, The Impossible Planet, The Satan Pit, Army of Ghosts, Doomsday, Human Nature, The Family of Blood, Blink, Utopia, The Sound of Drums, Last of the Timelords; in American series? And not to mention the "Christmas Invasion" where we see the darker side of humans?

Those episodes, despite Doctor Who being between a children's progam and an adult program, are by far more scary and dark than what's usually shown on US television. Plus, the Doctor can solve problems without resorting to guns.
                      Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Lol mate you've obviously aren't a doctor who fan, the Timelords would've put the ancients to shame. About the 'phonebox', you know that isn't the true look of the Tardis don't you? And that 'Screwdriver' outclasses any of the ancients little toys.
                        Hear, hear!

The only reason it can't be compared with the US scifi shows is because of it's smaller budget and that it's camp but that it what makes the show so much fun to watch.
                        It has a smaller budget, looks better, the actors are better, the stories are better and they have character development. What else do you want? Plus another thing that ensures it's not like US series is that the Doctor always tries to solve the problems without weapons while in most US series weapons are the defacto problem solving machines.
                        Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Read the books, the Timelords are a whole lot more menacing there and have far more powerful weapons.

Doctor Who is a whole lot more serious than a lot of American SciFi shows and has a higher quality. Question: Where can you find episodes such as "The empty Child, The Doctor Dances, Bad Wolf, The Parting of Ways, The Impossible Planet, The Satan Pit, Army of Ghosts, Doomsday, Human Nature, The Family of Blood, Blink, Utopia, The Sound of Drums, Last of the Timelords; in American series? And not to mention the "Christmas Invasion" where we see the darker side of humans?

Those episodes, despite Doctor Who being between a children's progam and an adult program, are by far more scary and dark than what's usually shown on US television. Plus, the Doctor can solve problems without resorting to guns.
                          We are SERIOUSLY going to have to agree to disagree I'm afraid. You like Dr. Who, I, bar a couple of episodes, (The Empty Child was good. But only because of those gas mask kids. IMO they have been the only scary thing in Dr.Who.) find it laughable. Sit down, have a laugh at the funny, and even more unrealistic than Gate or Trek TV show, and forget about it five minutes later. And I really hope you didn't mean higher quality in terms of effects... Story and characters are debateable sure, but the effects in Dr. Who are one of things that, IMO, makes the show more comedy than drama and the Daleks etc.. so un-menacing.

So, gotta agree to disagree and get the thread back on topic now

Comment

The Q. They would be a fun enemy.
                            Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

The Q. They would be a fun enemy.
                              That are more powerful than the ancients/Ori and could blink the team out of existanc......lol.

Comment

It has a smaller budget, looks better, the actors are better, the stories are better and they have character development. What else do you want? Plus another thing that ensures it's not like US series is that the Doctor always tries to solve the problems without weapons while in most US series weapons are the defacto problem solving machines.
                                ..VERY debateable.

1. I didn't know the timelords managed to get to an ascension level?
                                2. I wouldn't say that screwdriver could be compared to say... Atlantis, or the Dakara weapon.

Yep, It is fun, but then I find US shows fun to watch too, just in a very different way.

-------------

And the Q are probably the most silly race I've ever seen. You thought Stargate made it's races too powerful?

See, I'm finding it too hard to stay on topic now

Comment

Working...
                                X