Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince Caspian will be released on DVD and Blu-ray Dec. 2. Just in time for the holidays.

Comment

HUh, it's funny, there seems to be a much better reaction to the movie on this forum then there was on the Narnia forums. Personally, even as a book purist, I enjoyed the movie as a movie, though not as an adaptation.

I did throw things at the movie screen when
      Spoiler:
      Susan and Caspian kissed. Because seriously, what? No, just...no.
      But that's another rant that people probably don't want to hear.

I'm looking forward to each and every movie they make, and I hope they end up making them all. They're definitely making Voyage of the Dawn Treader (my favorite), but as long as they make it to Horse and His Boy, I'll be happy. Because I'd really like to see an adult Edmund kicking butt and taking names at the Defense of Anvard. (Edmund rocks, he's my favorite character throughout the series.)
      *~*

*~*

Spoiler:
      *~*
      sigpic
      *~*
      photo manip by SGKawoosh, based on my crazy dream about the Earth being destroyed and the Asgard, wearing flannel and jeans, saving SG-1. Yah, my dreams are usually that messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by lirenel View Post
        HUh, it's funny, there seems to be a much better reaction to the movie on this forum then there was on the Narnia forums. Personally, even as a book purist, I enjoyed the movie as a movie, though not as an adaptation.

I did throw things at the movie screen when
        Spoiler:
        Susan and Caspian kissed. Because seriously, what? No, just...no.
        But that's another rant that people probably don't want to hear.

I'm looking forward to each and every movie they make, and I hope they end up making them all. They're definitely making Voyage of the Dawn Treader (my favorite), but as long as they make it to Horse and His Boy, I'll be happy. Because I'd really like to see an adult Edmund kicking butt and taking names at the Defense of Anvard. (Edmund rocks, he's my favorite character throughout the series.)
        As a book fan, I am always saying the books are better that the movies (i.e. the Harry Potter series). But, the movie versions of the Narnia books are better. Mainly because Disney/Walden hired a better screenwritter, I think.

Probably, but . . .
        Spoiler:
        Oh, me too!! My friend and brother (whom I saw it with the first time) were like, WTH!?!?!

Edmund wasn't my favorite character origanilly. Until I read PC, Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and especially The horse and His Boy. Seeing adult Edmund kick ass is going to be great to watch on screen, eh? Well, in the PC movie he really does kick ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
          As a book fan, I am always saying the books are better that the movies (i.e. the Harry Potter series). But, the movie versions of the Narnia books are better. Mainly because Disney/Walden hired a better screenwritter, I think.

Edmund wasn't my favorite character origanilly. Until I read PC, Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and especially The horse and His Boy. Seeing adult Edmund kick ass is going to be great to watch on screen, eh? Well, in the PC movie he really does kick ass.
          Not sure I agree that the movies were better. I think they were good movies but I think Prince Caspian, at least, was a poor adaptation. However, I do understand that PC was not a very cinematically-friendly book and that more liberties had to be taken to make it an interesting movie. I just think they went a little too far, especially with Peter and Susan's characters, and the Susan/Caspian stuff.

I really, really want them to make Horse and His Boy, if only to see Edmund being awesome (again). I agree, Edmund in PC had the most awesome scenes and lines, little though he was actually in the movie. He's like, super ninja-king, infiltrating castles and cutting through an army with two swords. And I think in HAHB he'll be even better!
          *~*

*~*

Spoiler:
          *~*
          sigpic
          *~*
          photo manip by SGKawoosh, based on my crazy dream about the Earth being destroyed and the Asgard, wearing flannel and jeans, saving SG-1. Yah, my dreams are usually that messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by lirenel View Post
            Not sure I agree that the movies were better. I think they were good movies but I think Prince Caspian, at least, was a poor adaptation. However, I do understand that PC was not a very cinematically-friendly book and that more liberties had to be taken to make it an interesting movie. I just think they went a little too far, especially with Peter and Susan's characters, and the Susan/Caspian stuff.

I really, really want them to make Horse and His Boy, if only to see Edmund being awesome (again). I agree, Edmund in PC had the most awesome scenes and lines, little though he was actually in the movie. He's like, super ninja-king, infiltrating castles and cutting through an army with two swords. And I think in HAHB he'll be even better!
            Agree with the good-movie poor-adaption thing. Def. can't say that with the Potter films although they're gradually getting better. Ooh... HAHB would be amazing! Who knows, maybe they'll do that one near the end and our current actors would all be grown up to play them as their adults... that would be cool. Edmund was so good in Caspian!
            sigpic

Both sigs made by the lovely Scifan

Comment

I started an ABC gane for any Narnia fans (whether you're a movie or a book fan). http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=60203

Comment

Working...
              X