This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
    pfft - it's not out here until 31st July.

Anyone spotting the similarities (influences?) between Prince Caspian and certain characters from The Princess Bride?

(for the record: my favourite book is The Silver Chair followed by The Voyage of the Dawn Treader)
    It's been so long since I've seen the Princess Bride. Like in 8 years (give or take a year or so) I need to buy it on DVD when I get a chance.

Comment

saw it last night.
      it was very good. definitely different than the first - darker, but in a blue skies and beautiful landscape kind of way.

Comment

I so loved this movie! I liked the first one well enough, but this one was much better. I vaguely remember the book, so I'm not quite sure what was added or changed in the movie.
        Spoiler:
        The one thing I do remember is Aslan gradually being seen by more and more of the group (with Trumpkin being a doubter to the very end). I wish they'd followed that part from the book a little more closely--the ending would have made more sense, then.

My favorite parts were the griffins (swooping over the castle with their human cargo--so cool!) and the way they brought down their own hideaway during the final battle. I couldn't figure out what they were doing, and then when I did, I thought it was sheer genius! Oh! And Reepicheep--they did a nice job with him.

I don't see movies very often (come to think of it, the last movie I saw in the theater was The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe), but I'm definitely going to see this one again.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

the griffins flying over the castle was very reminiscent of the nazgul flying over minas tirith in return of the king

Comment

Huh. I didn't think of that at all (although I did notice several moments that were reminiscent of LOTR--as well as Harry Potter). Maybe it had to do with the Griffin's carrying and the Nazgul being ridden--enough of a difference for me that I didn't make a connection. I thought the way the Griffins were flying the various peoples around was really well portrayed.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Comment

The whole storming the castle was fantastic. Reepicheep and Trumpkin were my favorite characters in the movie (aside from the Pevensies, of course).

Yeah, I didn't get the LOTR connection either.

I did go see it again this past weekend with my mom. Now, you've got to understand: she's not one for Action/Adventure movies. I think Narnia are the only ones that she likes. But, during the duel between Peter and Miranz she got so into it that she was bitting her nails.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
                But, during the duel between Peter and Miranz she got so into it that she was bitting her nails.
                Oh man! I thought those sequences were VERY well done. When he was first going to battle Miraz, I thought it was going to be cheesy and unrealistic. But I was surprised and in suspense when the fight actually got going. They did a nice job....

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
                  The whole storming the castle

Comment

WOW what an amazing movie. loved most everything about it. everyone was so much better! especially Susan & Edmund. the battle scenes were awesome my fav characters were Caspian, Lucy, Reechipeep. loved the Peter/Miraz fight, twas very good. also loved the score. so yeah, i pretty much loved everything!

Comment

well then why don't you marry it!

Comment

The music was nice, wasn't it? About the only thing I can think of that I didn't love, was leaving out everyone gradually seeing Aslan and Trumpkin's continual doubt. It made that scene with Aslan and Trumpkin near the end not make much sense.

Comment

I'm seeing it for a third time this afternoon. I have a friend who hasn't seen it yet.

Comment

I made a thread for the first movie too, in case anyone was interested.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...66#post8577866

Comment

Loved the movie. I even wrote about it in my rarely-used blog (here, if anyone wants to read what I wrote about it). In short, I think it's a better movie than the first one, if viewed simply as a film. It's not as close to the book as The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe was, but I think in this case that may have been necessary due to the awkward narrative of the book.
                              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
                                Loved the movie. I even wrote about it in my rarely-used blog (here, if anyone wants to read what I wrote about it). In short, I think it's a better movie than the first one, if viewed simply as a film. It's not as close to the book as The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe was, but I think in this case that may have been necessary due to the awkward narrative of the book.
                                Ooh, I agree! A lot of the book is a flashback - not that easy to incorporate at all! I think they managed it extremely well. My favourite part of the film was actually the addition of the battle for Miraz's castle. I really enjoyed that part - it was sad and really emotional. I know people get all angsty when their favourite books get twisted around to work them as films, but films are told in a different way - they're meant to be films, not books, after all, and if Prince Caspian was truer to the book than it is then it wouldn't have been a particularly good film. Sorry, but that's how it is.

One of my favourite parts of the first film was, in fact, the music and I was happy that a lot of the themes carried on through. Too much battle music and not enough else, but what can you do? I am sad that Harry Gregson Williams is not returning to score the Voyage of the Dawn Treader, but hopefully David Arnold will continue to use some of his work.

So looking forward to the DVD release!!!!
                                sigpic

Both sigs made by the lovely Scifan

Comment

Working...
                                X