This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total shameless plug:

I made a few icons and a new banner with the new poster and photos from the link WP shared with us. Just click the link on my sig to my LJ. If you have thge time feel free to go through my LJ and find the other posts with even more LJ icons.

Feel free to snurch and use. Just give me credit, please.

Comment

So, who else here bought advanced tickets? Or am I the only one?

IT'S TOMORROW!!!!!!!

Comment

I would have, except it doesn't come out in Norway until July.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

It was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Heh, The Last Battle was always a distant last place for me. If I had to pick a favourite (alright, two, I'm going to cheat), I'd go with Voyage of the Dawn Treader and Horse and His Boy. They were both just so completely different than everything else and there was a magic in those pages that I still love today.
            Yeah same, though when I was younger I really disliked HaHB, it was only when I reread it when my little sister read them that I realised how good it was. VOTDT (Just realised how similar that acronym is to doctor Who's VOTD) was always my favourite, though it is not so much a novel as a collection of short stories with a single theme running through it. The Last Battle was jsut far too dark and depressing. It's also the only one where I feel that the religion is forced down our throats.

Comment

Wow!! thanks for sharing the trailer link
              Alex Brown

Comment

I'm SO seeing it again this weekend. Anyways, the review. Not sure how coherent this will be. But here it goes . . .

First of all, I loved it. It was entertaining. And that in itself is enough for me.

The rest is in the spoiler tags:

Spoiler:
                Being someone who is used to Hollywood screwing up my books who become movies, I wasn't really surprised with the kiss between Susan and Caspian toward the end. And truthfully, I didn't mind it. I know people are going to hate me for saying that. But, oh well. The hug they also share before Susan leaves was rather sensual as well.

I loved Edmund in this one. Like a lot. Those of you who know me, know I found Edmund very irritating in The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe (both the book and film versions).

I was so happy to see Susan fighting and using her bow and arrow. She hardly did any of that in the first movie.

Lucy is my favorite character in all of the books. And little Georgie isn't so little anymore. Out of all of the four actors, it was she who did the most growing up. Following closely by Skander.

The pissy moments between Peter and Caspian was never in the books. But I kind of liked it in the movie. It made a bit of sense that Peter would stand his ground and try to remain the head guy. After all he was/is the High King. Plus, seeing to cute guys being pissy with one another is always entertaining in my book. (Hey, I ain't a fan of the Daniel/Jack and Rodney/Sheppard relationships for nothing!!)

So, yeah, that's my review. I may add a few things once I see it again.

Comment

Was just thinking about the prince caspian movie and was impressed and thrilled by Peter Dinklage's acting as Trumpkin the dwarf. Little people freaking rock. Lets see a planet of dwarves!!! Beetlejuice from howard stern would own too. Alien dwarves for the win.

Comment

Hmm, that would be a little weird...

Comment

First it's dwarves, then it's elves. Next thing you know we'll be watching Stargate: Middle-Earth.
                      Signed,

Gregorius
                      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                        First it's dwarves, then it's elves. Next thing you know we'll be watching Stargate: Middle-Earth.
                        LOL Sweet!

Who or what is going to be the analog to Gandalf?

Comment

Todd. ^^

He's got the hair for the job.

Didn't the Asgard shrink enough?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                            Didn't the Asgard shrink enough?
                            If their feet were hairier, they could be the Hobbits.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                              If their feet were hairier, they could be the Hobbits.
                              I'm a little more concerned about the necessary love for pipe-weed...
                              Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

pfft - it's not out here until 31st July.

Anyone spotting the similarities (influences?) between Prince Caspian and certain characters from The Princess Bride?

(for the record: my favourite book is The Silver Chair followed by The Voyage of the Dawn Treader)
                                In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X