CHUCK (NBC) - News/Discussion/Speculation SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exclusive : Captain Awesome reads for Captain America

Captain Awesome for Captain America? Though he’s not going to be without competition (I imagine every young actor in Hollywood with a half-decent agent will get to read) “Chuck” actor Ryan McPartlin (yep, Captain Awesome himself!) tells Moviehole that he recently auditioned for the role of shield-wielding Steve Rogers.

In an interview to promote his work on “Chuck”, I couldn’t help but wonder whether McPartlin's peeps have put his name forward to “Captain America” director Joe Johnston for consideration (particularly since the actor has expressed interest in the part in the past).

And seems they have. “The one thing I can't stand are these actors that are twittering about auditioning for Captain America. It's really tacky. With that said, it is in the casting process and like many other actors, I read for it, so we'll wait and see what happens. Regardless, I'm pretty psyched to be Captain Awesome for the time being.”

McPartlin's terrific on “Chuck” – fastly becoming the break-out star of the show, in fact – and I tell ya, I wouldn’t be opposed at all to him acquainting himself with the Super Serum. Still, as McPartlin said, he's merely one of what one imagines to be a large mass of actors who have read for the role, and he hasn't got the gig. Yet.

http://www.moviehole.net/201023370-e...aptain-america

Comment

Back to the Future's Christopher Lloyd to Guest Star

Last CHUCK b4 Olympics. Here's some scoop: Christopher Lloyd to guest star in ep 16! Back 2 The Future a huge CHUCK influence!!
      9 minutes ago from web
      http://twitter.com/JoshSchwartz76/status/8817057463

Comment

They always get good guest stars.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward more and more to tonight's episode, particularly since it's the last in a few weeks because of the Olympics.

Comment

SAVE THE DATE: Two-hour CHUCK season finale will air Monday, May 24, 8-10 p.m.
          13 minutes ago from web
          http://twitter.com/EWAusielloFiles/status/8823981233

Comment

I just started watching Chuck tonight and I'm really quite enjoying it. Lighthearted and a lot of fun (and Sarah doesn't hurt either )

I'm a little curious though.... Casey works for the NSA, but he's referred to as a Major and reports to a general who (appears to be) wearing a USAF uniform. I was under the impression that the NSA was an intelligence agency outside the military. Is this something that's explained later on/someone could explained to me now?
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Wow, a two-hour finale? Very nice!

BTW, tonight's episode was pretty darn good. It is a shame there isn't a new one next Monday though.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Melinda in Pittsburgh: Good Day, Kristin! Any word on if Kristin Kreuk will be sticking around on Chuck?
                Spoiler:
                Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Kristin is only set to appear on four episodes of Chuck, which means there are just two left with the adorable Hannah. The newest Nerd Herder pops up again tonight and wraps up her gig on March 1.

Deanne in Michigan: Chuck me, please. When are we going to see Chuck and Sarah hook up with Hannah and Shaw?
                Spoiler:
                Sparks really start flying in tonight when Chuck inadvertently involves Hannah (Kristin Kreuk) in Agent Shaw's (Brandon Routh) mission, thus propelling Sarah into the mix. Oh, what a tangled web these folks weave.

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch...erfeed_kristin

Comment

The outside of that museum looked like the set for the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers HQ

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    I'm a little curious though.... Casey works for the NSA, but he's referred to as a Major and reports to a general who (appears to be) wearing a USAF uniform. I was under the impression that the NSA was an intelligence agency outside the military. Is this something that's explained later on/someone could explained to me now?
                    The NSA is part of the Department of Defense although after some post-9/11 restructuring, it now reports directly to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (along with all other US intelligence agencies). When I was at an NSA building once, I saw alot of military personnel, mostly Navy and Air Force, walking around with NSA badges. Under US law, the director of the NSA must be a commissioned officer with at least a rank of 3-star general/admiral; the deputy director of the NSA is the highest ranking civilian in the NSA.

Comment

Well, I liked the last week´s episode more. I loved the darker moments with a spy Chuck.
                      But it was fun to see Chuck to "be Chuck" but still a spy in 3x07. I think he could find his way to be still himself and a spy.
                      Spoiler:
                      I have to say, I like Yvonne much more this season. Without the constant Yes, no, yes, no to Chuck, she has a chance to show a more comedic site of her personality and also can switch between more face expressions. I liked her tonight, and for the first time, I liked Brandon Routh, too. Well, Shaw, not him. And how Casey and Chuck worked together (briefly but still something), like two professionals and not just Casey and "the moron" Chuck, it was great and I hope to see them like this more.

But what keeps bothering me since last episode - how the hell did Chuck make the flight to Dubai from California during few hours? It was really only two-four hours max., I don´t think any plane is that fast. Or am I wrong?

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Casting news

Spoiler:
                        Christopher Lloyd Heads to Chuck in episode 3.16! He will play Dr. Leo Dreyfus, a CIA psychiatrist who provides therapy for spies and ex-spies.

http://chucktv.net/2010/02/08/castin...huck-spoilers/

Last nights episode was good, but nowhere near last week's niveau.

Spoiler:
                        I liked that Chuck has to take more responsibility during missions.

And how Casey and Chuck worked together (briefly but still something), like two professionals and not just Casey and "the moron" Chuck, it was great and I hope to see them like this more.
                        Agree with you, they have great chemistry together while working as equals. More please!

But I don't yet how I should feel about Chuck's relationship with Hanna, as well as the developing closer relationship of Sarah and Shaw, hm...

I really hope that Morgan (and Ellie) doesn't stop investigating Chuck's unusual behaviour. He's got to know that everything started way before the time of Hanna!

And now we have to wait till after the olympics for the next episode of Chuck, 4 weeks (as far as I know)
                        sigpic
                        My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

It is going to be so great to see Christopher Lloyd appear on this show. They have so many great guest appearances on Chuck.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So much navel gazing about Chuck going on today! Apparently the people who are into the whole Chuck and Sarah thing aren’t happy about the twists and turns in Monday night’s episode.Me, I’m fine with the Hannah character and fine with the Shaw character and any way they could potentially twist any of that I don’t really care. Just give me more Jeffster please.

Anyway, last night’s episode have produced some wacky responses. Apparently some have suggested the best way to influence the producers to make better episodes of Chuck is to not watch the show. It’s the craziest (and dumbest) “save our show” campaign ever! I guess the theory is it will force the producers to write the show in a way that’s more pleasing to some of the fans. Of course if the ratings go down and there is no show…

As for the ratings. With the exception of last night’s episode the ratings have been pretty steady. I throw out the season premiere ratings (2.9 with adults 18-49), most shows go down from the premiere and Chuck is no exception.

The four episodes after the premiere other than last night were 2.6, 2.5, 2.5, 2.4 with adults 18-49. Last night’s 2.2 is a bit worrisome, even on NBC. But I’m not reading anything into it yet.
                            http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/02/09/chuck/41554

Comment

Yeah, I've been surprised at the reaction to Monday's episode, though I suppose I shouldn't have been. I personally think this season has been the best yet. This episode may not have been quite as good as some of the earlier ones, but I still enjoyed it. Each to their own, but for me, it's not all about Chuck and Sarah getting together.

And I like Hannah and Shaw.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

Here's Mo Ryan's take on the controversy. I actually pretty much agree with every word of this.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....nnah.html#more
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X