Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atlantis4Life View Post
    Spoiler:
    I'd also like to see things be the main 3 going on missions again. I hope they get around to doing that. Morgan was great as the assistant manager of the Buy More, and I think he'd do better at that. It's more believable. If they wanted, they could have him try to train for a future career as a chef taking night classes if possible, but the team is Casey, Sarah, and Chuck.
    More specific S4 spoilers - re: Morgan and the BuyMore.

Spoiler:
    Morgan's main role in S4 so far has been as general manager of the BuyMore, which he's surprisingly good at. Big Mike is now assistant manager, and he doesn't show up all that often. Morgan does go on missions occasionally, but it's not a regular thing, and it's not something General Beckman really approves of. He's not a regular team member in other words, although he likes to think of himself as such. Chuck and/or Casey sometimes recruit him for an unauthorized mission (which admittedly happens quite a bit), but he's not considered a regular spy. I don't know if that helps?

There's been a lot of focus on Morgan and Casey's friendship this season, which is complicated by the fact that Morgan is dating Casey's daughter Alex now.

My advice - try Chuck Vs the Couch Lock. That was the fifth episode this season, and the one right after the "babymoon" episode. It was a Casey-centered episode, and I thought it was totally hilarious, and one of the best episodes of the season.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
      About the question of why Shaw's wife was killed as Sarah's red test, I thought it was explained as:
      Spoiler:
      Langston Graham believed that Eve had been turned by the ring so he arranged for her to be taken out. That's why Shaw got all mad at the CIA because they 'turned on the wrong person'.
      Given that it was only a line or two of dialogue I can see why people would have easily missed it.
      Really? I didn't know that. I thought that
      Spoiler:
      Shaw didn't turn against the CIA and become Ring affiliated until after he found out that they thought his wife had turned and had her killed. I thought it was his retaliation against them, as in "You thought she turned and she didn't, but rather than verify that you just had her killed. So I'M going to turn and actually do the work that you killed her for not doing..." or something like that.

I'll have to do a rewatch sometime to see which it is.

Cheers.
      Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      More specific S4 spoilers - re: Morgan and the BuyMore.

Spoiler:
      Morgan's main role in S4 so far has been as general manager of the BuyMore, which he's surprisingly good at. Big Mike is now assistant manager, and he doesn't show up all that often. Morgan does go on missions occasionally, but it's not a regular thing, and it's not something General Beckman really approves of. He's not a regular team member in other words, although he likes to think of himself as such. Chuck and/or Casey sometimes recruit him for an unauthorized mission (which admittedly happens quite a bit), but he's not considered a regular spy. I don't know if that helps?

There's been a lot of focus on Morgan and Casey's friendship this season, which is complicated by the fact that Morgan is dating Casey's daughter Alex now.

My advice - try Chuck Vs the Couch Lock. That was the fifth episode this season, and the one right after the "babymoon" episode. It was a Casey-centered episode, and I thought it was totally hilarious, and one of the best episodes of the season.
      Will do!

Comment

[QUOTE=Atlantis4Life;12306735]

3. Everybody's a spy.[/B]

This was tacky. Now Morgan of all people is a sidekick in the spy program? Why not round it out and bring in Big Mike, Jeff, and Lester too? They make about as much sense as Morgan does. Then there's Ellie finding out... I think this was a mistake. Devon finding out was enough in my opinion. I understand that the deeper that Chuck gets into being a real spy, the harder it would be for him to keep secrets, but that's part of the challenge of the show isn't it? As Chuck grows and evolves, the formatting of the show is going to have to change to accommodate that to a certain extent. Season 3 made it seem like he was never at work at the Buy More anyway, and he would just leave 5 minutes after arriving.

They should have had it where he applied for a different "made up" and arranged position through the government where he did outside sales and/or scouting for new locations or something like that. His "home base" could still be the Buy More where Morgan and the gang are at so there would still be a tie-in there. IDK, I just don't like everybody being a spy. This doesn't make me feel a lot of hope for season 4 but like you, I'll still be tuning in. I like the characters. And since this might be the last season, I want to see where it goes.
        [/spoiler]

i don't like that every knows hes a spy either. i liked it when just awesome knew. in my opinion he was the best character to find out, since he was close to chuck but not as close as morgan or ellie. and having morgan a spy i still don't like. and now in season 4 the buymore is even a cia base, which is kind of stupid.
        sigpic

Comment

Sheesh. A lot of negativity going on here.

Last night's episode was a hoot.

On some of the comments above, I have to chuckle when people criticize Chuck for lack of realism. Really? It's not a realistic depiction of the CIA? I didn't know. :-)

I think the way they've used Morgan and the way he's acquitted himself to those situations more than explains how "Chuck's" version of the CIA accepts him. He's not so much a "spy" as their Man Friday.

Plus, it's very funny.

Comment

Last night's episode was fantastic. There was one part I thought I wasn't going to like, but it turned out to be hilarious.
            Spoiler:
            It was the part where Chuck goes to get advice from Roan about how to change Sarah's mind about eloping. I really wasn't looking forward to watching Chuck stumble his way through a drawn-out seduction scene leading to the inevitable fight, etc. But having Sarah try to seduce him first was brilliant. Neither one can claim the high ground now since they were both doing it.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

Leslie Ann Brandt!
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                Last night's episode was fantastic. There was one part I thought I wasn't going to like, but it turned out to be hilarious.
                Spoiler:
                It was the part where Chuck goes to get advice from Roan about how to change Sarah's mind about eloping. I really wasn't looking forward to watching Chuck stumble his way through a drawn-out seduction scene leading to the inevitable fight, etc. But having Sarah try to seduce him first was brilliant. Neither one can claim the high ground now since they were both doing it.
                I couldnt stop Laughing when the General came to the Rescue. That is one Woman I really dont want to get angry.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

watched monday's episode yesterday but didn't post.

i really liked this episode, though i was kind of hoping that they would end up eloping. and i agree the general rescuing was great!

and was i the only one who thought that ellie's mom was going to tell her that chuck is still a spy?
                  sigpic

Comment

I've rewatched parts of Monday's episode a few times. There are so many great lines. One of my favorites is the "ball and chain" exchange in the dungeon:

Spoiler:
                    Chuck: ...Having a little disagreement right now and the ball and chain isn't helping.
                    Sarah: Are you calling me a ball and chain?
                    Chuck: (Points to his ankle) There's an actual ball and chain...here...do you not see this? Attached to my leg. Ball and chain.

Comment

Really? I didn't know that. I thought that
                      Spoiler:
                      Shaw didn't turn against the CIA and become Ring affiliated until after he found out that they thought his wife had turned and had her killed. I thought it was his retaliation against them, as in "You thought she turned and she didn't, but rather than verify that you just had her killed. So I'M going to turn and actually do the work that you killed her for not doing..." or something like that.
                      I thought that was kinda what I meant, I just didn't explain it too well. Anyhow...

The latest ep was great. I laughed, I cried, I cheered. Or something like that
                      Most surprising moment was "Duck!"
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I'm being very good and I'm trying not to read the spoliers....

I've not seen any of season 4 yet...
                        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                        To thy own self... Be true
                        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post

3. Everybody's a spy.

This was tacky. Now Morgan of all people is a sidekick in the spy program? Why not round it out and bring in Big Mike, Jeff, and Lester too? They make about as much sense as Morgan does. Then there's Ellie finding out... I think this was a mistake. Devon finding out was enough in my opinion. I understand that the deeper that Chuck gets into being a real spy, the harder it would be for him to keep secrets, but that's part of the challenge of the show isn't it? As Chuck grows and evolves, the formatting of the show is going to have to change to accommodate that to a certain extent. Season 3 made it seem like he was never at work at the Buy More anyway, and he would just leave 5 minutes after arriving.

They should have had it where he applied for a different "made up" and arranged position through the government where he did outside sales and/or scouting for new locations or something like that. His "home base" could still be the Buy More where Morgan and the gang are at so there would still be a tie-in there. IDK, I just don't like everybody being a spy. This doesn't make me feel a lot of hope for season 4 but like you, I'll still be tuning in. I like the characters. And since this might be the last season, I want to see where it goes.
                          i don't like that every knows hes a spy either. i liked it when just awesome knew. in my opinion he was the best character to find out, since he was close to chuck but not as close as morgan or ellie. and having morgan a spy i still don't like. and now in season 4 the buymore is even a cia base, which is kind of stupid.
                          Yeah, I liked it better when just Devon knew too.

Cheers, buddy!

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                          Sheesh. A lot of negativity going on here.
                          Oh, it's not "negativity" MS; it's just different people having different preferences. That's not a bad thing.

Last night's episode was a hoot.

On some of the comments above, I have to chuckle when people criticize Chuck for lack of realism. Really? It's not a realistic depiction of the CIA? I didn't know. :-)
                          It's good to hear that the episodes are going well (according to you), and hopefully I'll fall back into Chuck when I have the time to catch up on it. Right now, I'm not sure how soon that'll be, but I look foward to it if the show gets better as Killdeer suggested with less "angst" and more fun spy stuff like it used to have.

On the realism thing, I'll just say what I said before, and I think this is true for others that have had a few complaints as well:

It's not that the show's realism that we're complaining about - if that were the case, then we'd never have gotten past the pilot! () I mean really, an entire intersect full of government secrets uploaded into someone's brain via 'flashes'?? And things change all the time in current events, what was current yesterday can literally be 'old news' today, and I never saw our dear Chuck getting routine 'updates' to his intersect.

I'll speak for myself and say that what I had an issue with was the show vering away from the what I saw as a certain type of "order and sensibility" that worked really well for the show. If Morgan works out, then I'll accept it, but it still won't make any sense - even for Chuck. You can only stretch credulity so far before it snaps and you start losing people. That's one of the reasons why Chuck lost me for a while, but I do love the concept and like the cast/characters, hence me wanting to give it another try.

Hopefully, I fall back into liking it and promoting it to everyone I know again. If that doesn't happen, well, at least I loved the first 2 seasons, the 3rd season was 'okay', and the series will have an end (I think). So, no worries.

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                          I thought that was kinda what I meant, I just didn't explain it too well.
                          Cool. It's good that I didn't misunderstand what happened. Now, I don't have to go back to check on that.

Comment

as for chuck's intersect it mostly only has people's files in it (which doesn't really change all that much) and weapons, well and the martial arts stuff.

i like chuck a lot and will still watch it. but one problem i notice the writers battle with is if chuck is a drama (serious-like story lines) or a comedy. as the show goes on the buy more seems irrelevant, which some times makes me feel like fast forwarding.
                            sigpic

Comment

I love this show so much, as does my wife and father. I really hope we get another season.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Tons of fun this week, and some lovely eye candy too
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X