No announcement yet.

Lexx Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL questionable shower thing indeed. What movies?

I actually liked both of those episodes, the second one and giga shadow for all its uh epicness. Crazy ending with Kai's eyes. Gonna be great. Although, I still have to recommend Babylon 5 to you geekywraith, that was just too epic to not have seen at least once. I can understand why some people might not like the first season, but I'm one of the few that actually liked it. Could see all the foundations being laid down for things to come.

Giga shadow and Kai seem indestructible. Hmm, this will be interesting though, what happens now. Have to keep watching.

Is there some specific order I'm supposed to be seeing all this?

Comment

Well the first season is consisted of 4 movies:
      1- I Worship his Shadow
      2- Super Nova
      3- Eating Pattern
      4- The Giga Shadow

I'm glad that you liked watching Lexx jmoz. The second season is great. The first episode Mantrid deals with the end of the Gigashadow. Kai's only weakness is the lack of proto-blood. Like a car out of gas.

I'll try and watch B5.
      Last edited by geekywraith; 06 August 2010, 05:26 PM.
      Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
      Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
        LOL questionable shower thing indeed. What movies?

I actually liked both of those episodes, the second one and giga shadow for all its uh epicness. Crazy ending with Kai's eyes. Gonna be great. Although, I still have to recommend Babylon 5 to you geekywraith, that was just too epic to not have seen at least once. I can understand why some people might not like the first season, but I'm one of the few that actually liked it. Could see all the foundations being laid down for things to come.

Giga shadow and Kai seem indestructible. Hmm, this will be interesting though, what happens now. Have to keep watching.

Is there some specific order I'm supposed to be seeing all this?
        Babylon 5 is indeed awesomesauce. And I'm rather bitter about Crusade's cancellation too, it had a TON of potential. The Lexx order is:

Season 1
        Spoiler:
        Lexx 1 "I Worship his Shadow"
        Lexx 2.0 "Super Nova"
        Lexx 3.0 "Eating Pattern"
        Lexx 4.0 "Giga Shadow"

Season 2
        Spoiler:
        2.1 "Mantrid"
        2.2 "Terminal"
        2.3 "Lyekka"
        2.4 "Luvliner"
        2.5 "Lafftrak"
        2.6 "Stan's Trial"
        2.7 "Love Grows"
        2.8 "White Trash"
        2.9 "791"
        2.10 "Wake the Dead"
        2.11 "Nook"
        2.12 "Norb"
        2.13 "Twilight"
        2.14 "Patches in the Sky"
        2.15 "Woz"
        2.16 "The Web" (Part 1 of 2)
        2.17 "The Net" (Part 2 of 2)
        2.18 "Brigadoom"
        2.19 "Brizon"
        2.20 "End of the Universe"

Season 3
        Spoiler:
        3.01 "Fire and Water"
        3.02 "May"
        3.03 "Gametown"
        3.04 "Boomtown"
        3.05 "Gondola"
        3.06 "K-Town"
        3.07 "Tunnels"
        3.08 "The Key"
        3.09 "Garden"
        3.10 "Battle"
        3.11 "Girltown"
        3.12 "The Beach"
        3.13 "Heaven and Hell"

Season 4
        Spoiler:
        4.01 "Little Blue Planet"
        4.02 "Texx Lexx"
        4.03 "P4X"
        4.04 "Stan Down"
        4.05 "Xevivor"
        4.06 "The Rock"
        4.07 "Walpurgis Night"
        4.08 "Vlad"
        4.09 "Fluff Daddy"
        4.10 "Magic Baby"
        4.11 "A Midsummer's Nightmare"
        4.12 "Bad Carrot"
        4.13 "769"
        4.14 "Prime Ridge"
        4.15 "Mort"
        4.16 "Moss"
        4.17 "Dutch Treat"
        4.18 "The Game"
        4.19 "Haley's Comet"
        4.20 "ApocaLexx Now"
        4.21 "Viva Lexx Vegas"
        4.22 "Trip"
        4.23 "Lyekka vs. Japan"
        4.24 "Yo Way Yo"
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Weird, first season was 4, then lots more, then 13, then more. Dang, only 4 seasons? I don't know if anyone knows Neil Patrick Harris but his character in How I Met Your Mother acts and just looks like a younger Stanley.

Comment

Weird, first season was 4, then lots more, then 13, then more. Dang, only 4 seasons? I don't know if anyone knows Neil Patrick Harris but his character in How I Met Your Mother acts and just looks like a younger Stanley.
            Well with each season Lexx had a mutation. I suppose that they didn't expect a second season. The actress that plays Zev (Eva Habermann) wasn't available for the second season. She was nice enough to do the first two episodes for her replacement. Season 4 has 24 episodes. Some are better than others. Yes I know the show. It's the chin I think.
            Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.

Comment

And in some markets, the season 1 movies are broken in half and aired as two episodes, so it's like 8 episodes instead of 4 movies!

As far as the odd season orders go, I suspect it's budgetary in nature. "Season 1", AFAIK, wasn't originally intended as a 'season' but as a set movies, full-stop; there are even some markets where the movies are not counted as "season 1", but instead count the season 2 (the 20-episode one) year as "season 1". It's a bit weird like that.

Once Lexx was picked up as a regular series, I think they probably had a bit more money to play with. Besides having been successful enough to warrant a regular series (a pay raise in itself most likely), they already had the key sets from the Lexx built and paid for, as well as a number of stock CGI shots that would be frequently re-used.

The last two seasons' episode numbers I imagine are also price-dictated. A huge amount of season 3 was filmed in the deserts in Namibia, and there was a ton of new CGI that year too. When things are more expensive to produce....it tends to result in getting less episodes so that more can be spent on each individual story. Similarly with season 4, the vast majority of it was filmed in and around their home base in Halifax--comparatively super cheap compared to season 3, hence a longer season order.

Of course this is all just my speculation, so take from it what you will
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Lexx 4.0 "Giga Shadow"

Kai and Zev

and the ending with Kai’s darkened eyes oooo

Last edited by geekywraith; 06 August 2010, 09:52 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

haha, it's pretty hilarious how sex obsessed they are. And Kai is like, it is an intellectual exercise for me. Hmm Zev changed. But glad they kept the character despite the different looks.

lol, 790 lovesick and always making epic poems. And insulting Stanley, you give carbons based life a bad name. lol Pretty funny stuff although things get a little dark. Weird the swarm divine shadow thing.

Lots of things happening in the show. Crazy wacky stuff.

Comment

Yes they are pretty obsessed and that gets them in all kinds of trouble. 790’s insults are funny. Sometimes Stan's or even Xev's behavior can get annoying. Well Lexx is a dark show with lots of humour.

Comment

Thought it was funny how Kai is all caring about the little worm thing and wants to name him and acting all cuddly towards it, but doesn't have emotions and is cold after, lol. It's pretty funny, but uh, it's been less funny lately, last few episodes I watched. That sex change thing was pretty funny and sooooooooo crazy. lol, poor Stanley, what torture. Kai's kai. There's been like 3 sex oriented episodes in a row, kinda getting tired of it, was hoping for more storytelling about what shadow's been up to. Still, it's pretty great.

Comment

Kai has no emotion but he has a sense of justice. The baby cluster lizard was an innocent and he protected it, just like he can kill people who try to harm his friends.

Yes I totally understand that the 3 ep’s in a row where a bit much. Not the best ep's.
                        The next episodes like Lafftrak, 791, Wake the Dead, Twilight are great. In the first episode of season 2 "Mantrid", we see what happened to his Shadow. His insect body was destroyed in The Gigashadow and part of his essence possessed Kai in the Gigashadow when Kai crushed the brain. Mantrid is sort of the new his shadow. He’s part machine, part insect (that had his shadows essence)… It’s complicated to explain. The story pays off at the end of season 2.

Comment

Lafftrak is one of my favourite episodes in the entire series. I don't know what it is about it, but I just loved it!

Comment

Lafftrak is great. It's a makes fun of various TV styles of programs.

"The Xev show" Poor Stan so unlucky... "Girl Time" Him being the new roommate with the two girls, then wearing a diaper with the clown, 790 "talk time". Then Kai coming to the rescue and having to go through the shows... His reaction to all of it is so funny.

Comment

Lafftrak was very funny, good commentary on reality TV shows and today's television programmes.

My favorite episode up to now is still Lyekka
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, she's great. Saw the one where they find the crashed ship. She's kinda funny at times. Wow, Stan finally got some. Maaaan, they've destroyed enough planets to be considered a supernova or something. I keep waiting for something to crawl out of Kai's head, lol. That episode was disturbing, with Stan and 791. But freakin hilarious. Kai's like, if you two need some time alone...

Comment

Working...
                                X