No announcement yet.

Lexx Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch the first part of Prime Ridge, 790 asks Kai and what are you going to do for me in return? Kai goes, nothin. Freakin hilarious. I watched that over and over, how he says it. Sad, yes, but hilarious. Dude showed a lot of emotion there. I hope Prince stays dead, but somehow I'm doubting it. I'd rather have the gigashadow rather than Prince as the villain. Would be more cooler.

Comment

790 finally gets chained. And I hope Kai gets his wish. The chess one was pretty decent, simple yet awesome. Prince sucks at chess, heck I could probably beat him. Hopefully, that's the last we see of him. Awesome that Lyekka is back sort of, haven't finished the episode yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
        I hope Prince stays dead, but somehow I'm doubting it. I'd rather have the gigashadow rather than Prince as the villain. Would be more cooler.
        Think of Prince as the Devil in human disguise. Maybe that's what makes him so irritating.
        The (actor's) *voice* of the gigashadow returns, but the stories take different paths from the original -- first season -- "Light Universe".
        Spoiler:
        I think most of the characters show up over and over again, in different versions or forms. Including Lyekka.. just watch out for those potatoes and carrot veggies..

And I hope Kai gets his wish.
        Oh, keep watching and looking.. it's almost quite unexpected when / if it happens.
        spoiler explains, but doesn't give out exact details.. so, in reply to your quest -- I think it should be safe enough to read, but others might not want to read it yet.

Spoiler:
        It DOES happen. I just thought it was just very sad when it *does* happen.. and I'm not referring to the teaser eps either.. but the real deal moment.

The teaser eps are all sort of funny entities in and of themselves.. so - gotta enjoy the few moments when they do show up..

Originally posted by geekywraith View Post
        Kai

I have killed...
        Season Three
        Tunnels:
        “... But it’s been a while since I slaughtered a whole room full of petty
        bureaucrats.”
        I hated that episode, but that line from Kai was one of the best parts of that entire eppy!
        ~ the Dead are not (supposed to be) political ~

I like both Zev and Xev. Zev was sweeter in my eyes. Xenia's lips are distracting... But she did play a very nice and different character as Xev. I didn't like her wig in season 2. She's prettier with her natural hair (Season 3 and 4)
        yes, to the distracting lips.. there were even cosmetic advertisements about making lips puffier. I think a Barbie shaped (Zev) mouth / lips is better.
        Xev with her red wig grew out into her natural (sandy) blonde hair when she went into stasis for 6,000 years (thereabouts). It did have traces of the red still in it, when she first emerged out of the chamber.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Xev looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better as a blonde IMO.
        Oh yes. Definitely. Loved her long curls.

... I still wanna see more Kai episodes, he's just awesome. Only he could pull of that haircut.

I agree only Kai could pull that hairstyle.
        Michael McManus (Kai) said in an interview that his Kai wig was made up of 3 separate parts. There was an ep where I think he used his real hair (as a live Kai version), but I thought he looked much better with the Kai wig.

...Boomtown definitely not PG13.
        ... Digi and a few others will understand…
        The only really good thing about Boomtown was Live Kai showing up at the end.
        ..but even that was just a *teaser* of sorts..

LOL, Kai becomes a tree and sings with those trees. That was great. Dude's got a talent for the arts it seems.
        That's because in those years, Michael McManus said (in an interview) that he was more theater oriented, and worked more (years literally) in the Theater -- which requires artistic projection in order to be successful, than whatever is needed for a Tv series. That's probably what helped make his "Brigadoom" eppy that much more enjoyable to watch (over and over and over again =)..

Comment

^ nicely said SGalisa.
          Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
          Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

I loved the ending, it was a fitting ending for Kai and the crew. Although disliked the whole Prince thing cause that's just thoroughly unsatisfying. 790 should have been airlocked several episodes ago.

Although it was sad. Was great to have him be genuinely alive and not under the influence of drugs and was awesome to have him do that ironical laugh at the end. It almost choked me up. I loved that.

Comment

^ I couldn’t have said it better jmoz. Kai's journey's end was bittersweet. Sad but at the same time the character had a fitting end. He found peace.

Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.

Comment

yo way yo

yo way yo
                ah home va ray
                yo way rah
                jarhume brunnen g

yo way rah
                jerhume brunnen g

Comment

I just recently bought this whole series while in Canada. It still entertains me as much as when I was a teen. I am currently watching it totally out of order.
                  sigpic
                  Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

^ That's great. Yes Lexx is still entertaining after a few years. I'm happy that the series was re-released.

Comment

^ That's great. Yes Lexx is still entertaining after a few years. I'm happy that the series was re-released.
                      It's my most favourite not so guilty pleasure. I've decided I still like season 3 best.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah me too… It’s an acquired taste . Each season is very different. I think that I prefer season 2 best.

Comment

Yeah me too… It’s an acquired taste . Each season is very different. I think that I prefer season 2 best.
                          Indeed it is. I was so happy to find it on DVD for so cheap. At some point, I will actually watch in order.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                            Indeed it is. I was so happy to find it on DVD for so cheap. At some point, I will actually watch in order.
                            Indeed. Since it was affordable I replaced each season that I already had. The previous release on DVD was expensive. It's like the Xev show... Xenia (Xev) is on the cover art for each season even on the S1 even if it was another actress.

Comment

I thought that I should share some Lexx smilies made by fans that I found.

Cryo Kai

Comment

Indeed. Since it was affordable I replaced each season that I already had. The previous release on DVD was expensive. It's like the Xev show... Xenia (Xev) is on the cover art for each season even on the S1 even if it was another actress.
                                Why is she the only one on the covers? Lexx isn't even on it, and it's his show.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X