Lexx Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chocolate_muffin View Post
    Geekywraith's sigs got me curious and I finally managed to acquire season 1 of Lexx. People really weren't kidding when they said it was weird! So far I have watched just the very first episode (I Worship His Shadow) but I quite like it. Reminds me of Dune, with a touch of Farscape and Edward Scissorhands.
    That's great.
    Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
    Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

Finished season 1 today. I just want to squish Squish, so cute

They left it rather cliff-hanger-y with the shadowy eyes and all. Have to locate season 2 at some point soon. I'm loving the dark, twisted, sadistic humor in this series, very amusing. Looking forward to watching the following seasons.
      sigpic

Comment

Ah yes Squish was super cute and died a hero.
        Kai: "that's my baby" (when Squish ate the giant brain of the gigashadow)

Season 2 ep 2.01 Mantrid resolves the cliffhanger of season 1.

Lexx is a great series. Welcome to the dark side.
        Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.

Comment

Originally posted by geekywraith View Post
          Ah yes Squish was super cute and died a hero.
          Kai: "that's my baby" (when Squish ate the giant brain of the gigashadow)
          Squish looked so happy in the brain, frolicking around and feasting
          Good to know the cliffhanger will be resolved soon, was dreading it being dragged throughout the whole next season...
          sigpic

Comment

Indeed Squish did look super happy when he was feasting and was purring. He thought that Kai was his mother. Kai was showing such compassion to the little one when Stan and Zev wanted to get rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by geekywraith View Post
              Indeed Squish did look super happy when he was feasting and was purring. He thought that Kai was his mother. Kai was showing such compassion to the little one when Stan and Zev wanted to get rid of it.
              For supposedly being dead and having no feelings, Kai is surprisingly compassionate. Was not expecting him to take little Squish under his wing like that.
              sigpic

Comment

Well Kai responds to people. If someone approaches him with kindness he will show that and the opposite is also true. He's a killing machine but with a sense of justice. Squish was an innocent so his reaction was to protect it. He responds to suggestions but has no motivation.

Lexx interview with Micheal McManus "Kai"
                Spoiler:

Comment

Squish looked so happy in the brain, frolicking around and feasting
                  Good to know the cliffhanger will be resolved soon, was dreading it being dragged throughout the whole next season...
                  No worries, the resolution of the cliffhanger establishes a new plot thread in the season premiere....which then becomes the driving story of the whole of season 2
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Kai and Squish

Comment

More Squish

Kai and Squish

Spoiler:

Squish enjoying a meal: a giant evil brain

Spoiler:

Comment

@geekywraith thanks for the screencaps

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        No worries, the resolution of the cliffhanger establishes a new plot thread in the season premiere....which then becomes the driving story of the whole of season 2
                        Aye. Thankfully that was resolved fast
                        Acquired the following three seasons now, have started watching season 2 today.
                        sigpic

Comment

Geekywraith's sigs got me curious and I finally managed to acquire season 1 of Lexx. People really weren't kidding when they said it was weird! So far I have watched just the very first episode (I Worship His Shadow) but I quite like it. Reminds me of Dune, with a touch of Farscape and Edward Scissorhands.
                          Wooo! I've just had a look at my usual store and the whole series is there. I better grab it before it's gone. Thanks, chocolate_muffin.
                          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I’m so happy that Lexx is being re-released on DVD and the prices are finally reasonable. I already bought the entire series on DVD a few years ago. I’ll have to replace my S2 DVD’s.

More pics

Spoiler:
                            Kai finds a cocoon

cocoon birth...

A protective Kai...

Zev and Squish...

Squish as a ghost after he died a hero...

yeah... Squish looked bad but he liked eating brains.

Comment

I'm pretty thrilled myself. I was really happy when season 1 came out on DVD a while back, and now that Alliance is releasing the other seasons with the same themed box art

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Lex...-1-and-2/14034

I'm not sure why they're saying season 1 is "recently released", I've had it for probably more than a year. But I'm digging the season 2 art
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Just watched 'Lyekka'. Good lord, Potataho. What were the writers smoking? Have not laughed that hard in a while
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X