No announcement yet.

Lexx Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man, that was awesome And I love seeing Lyekka too. She's such an interesting/strange/odd semi-addition (of sorts) to the show!

Do you like new Xev? Eva Habermann vs. Xenia Seeberg seems to be a bit of a point of contention among us Lexx fanatics. My vote is for Xenia Seeberg, particularly after she changes her hair in season 3
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I have not watched the following episodes yet, so I can't give my verdict yet. I really like Zev, so it might take a while for me to get used to Xev. I also find Zev a whole lot more attractive... at least at this precise moment in time.
      sigpic

Comment

Schweeeeeeet, I totally forgot I'd pre-ordered season 2 from Amazon and I just got an email saying it had shipped
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Me too. I just got an email from Amazon saying that my season 2 had shipped today. I had to replace my season 2 DVD's. And season 4 when it's released. Some of my discs became damaged after a few years. The "older" season 2 on DVD the image is kind of grainy. With this new re-release I bet it's going to be great. *happy dance*
          Last edited by geekywraith; 19 July 2010, 05:32 PM.
          Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
          Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

I'm just happy it's finally getting a release that doesn't cost me kidney, eyeball, and testicle to buy one

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate_muffin View Post

Just watched 'Lyekka'. Good lord, Potataho. What were the writers smoking? Have not laughed that hard in a while
              Indeed. I too wondered what on earth they were smoking. I love this show since it's so funny, odd and just out of the ordinary. The field of humans heads was really funny in that episode.

I like both Zev and Xev. Zev was sweeter in my eyes. Xenia's lips are distracting... But she did play a very nice and different character as Xev. I didn't like her wig in season 2. She's prettier with her natural hair (Season 3 and 4)
              Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.

Comment

The Lexx DVD’s and even on VHS that I bought when they were first released was so expensive. It was painful to buy. Now the price is reasonable… *sigh*

Comment

Awesome first episode. I knew that cannibal chick still lived. And knew that girl would have weird bug hybrid thing. Pretty wacky and crazy start. Why does the ship look a giant, well, you know. But it's still pretty cool and huge. Gonna avoid reading the main bulk of this thread until I've watched more.

Comment

Glad you enjoyed! The show is weird, from beginning to end

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                      Awesome first episode. I knew that cannibal chick still lived. And knew that girl would have weird bug hybrid thing. Pretty wacky and crazy start. Why does the ship look a giant, well, you know. But it's still pretty cool and huge. Gonna avoid reading the main bulk of this thread until I've watched more.
                      Mwhahahaha... My evil plan is working. I've converted another soul to watch Lexx. It's a great show. Weird in many ways but is has a great story line.

Comment

"How biological of you."

That second episode was hilariousssss. 790 had some awesome lines. And wow, did not expect the nudity. It was pretty funny. Even Kai. Epic episode though with everything. The whole saw thing going on and off was hilarious. And Kai, wow, he doesn't die.

Comment

Yeah 790 is sarcastic and very funny. He’s a psychotic robot head. Well the nudity was unnecessary with the questionable shower thing… Zev's response to Stan when she caught him spying on her was funny. Kai is an unstoppable killing machine. My favourite episode is the forth one. The Gigashadow. The show is twisted and darkly funny.

Comment

^ Which is interesting, considering how bad the third movie was

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

Also: There's a reasonably priced Lexx season 1 R1 set available.

Plus it was announced today that there will be a Canadian/R1 release of season 2, at the steal of a pre-order price of $18.
                              i spent a ridiculously stupid amount of money for the S1 dvds on ebay not 6 months before this was released. >< last i had checked before that, the Lexx rights had apparently been bought by a company that intended to sit on them and do nothing. i guess you never can tell...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                                I loved it, so completely off the wall. Not many sci-fi shows are focused almost entirely on the crew trying to find food, sex, and entertainment
                                lol i loved it cos it was the anti-star trek. not militaristic, not even moral... i love star trek but sometimes i need a break from the prime directive and shirt-tugging picard. Lexx is perfect for that. like you said, all they want is food, sex, entertainment....and a planet they can live on.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X