Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terminator TV Show - "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" - "SPOILERS FOR ALL EPISODES"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
    The ratings sucked for the return & Dollhouse did not get any help. Knowing Fox expect this show to not get a Season 3. I guess it is a good thing I decided not to watch the return
    What do you mean dollhouse didnt help?

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
      What do you mean dollhouse didnt help?
      Dollhouse got a bit better ratings while Terminator died

The series premiere of Joss Whedon's "Dollhouse" was seen by 4.7 million viewers Friday night and garnered a 2.0 preliminary adults 18-49 rating and 6 share. It was beaten in the 9 p.m. hour by ABC's "Supernanny" (6.1 million viewers, 2.2/7) and is the lowest-rated scripted series premiere on a major broadcast network this season aside from NBC's now-defunct "Crusoe."

"Dollhouse" was paired with the midseason return of "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" (3.7 million, 1.3/5), which was shifted from its previous Monday post. "Terminator" came in third place in the hour and hit a series low (by like 27%). "Terminator" beat NBC's "Howie Do It" (3.9 million, 1.2/4), but not by much. Both "Ghost Whisperer" (10.3 million, 2.4/8) and "Wife Swap" (4.3 million, 1.5/5) did better.

The performances represent a disappointing debut for what was, on paper, a good idea: creating a male-skewing sci-fi block to go against CBS' night-topping female-skewing crime shows. Fox didn't expect to win against CBS, but had some hope of coming out ahead of ABC's reality shows. But "Terminator" was sinking in the ratings earlier this season and "Dollhouse" has suffered from negative buzz and creative trouble for months. Critics, overall, seemed disappointed with Whedon's latest effort.

Fox had a third-place finish for the evening despite airing full-budgeted dramas. "Dollhouse" fared OK against two of its competitors, with CBS' Canadian import "Flashpoint" (8.9 million, 1.9/6) and NBC's ailing "Friday Night Lights" (3.5 million, 1.1/3) pulling lower numbers. It also did better than last year's short-lived "Canterbury's Law" in the slot.

At 10 p.m., an episode of ABC's "20/20" (10.9 million, 3.4/11) about the impoverished hill people of the Appalachian Mountains drew the newsmagazine's largest Friday audience in more than four years (ABC, in fact, won the night over CBS, which is rare). Yes, there was a whole morbid curiosity "real-life 'Deliverance'" aspect to its popularity. But give ABC and Diane Sawyer credit for convincing so many people to watch a report on poverty. Usually a newsmagazine needs an octuplet mom to pull off those kind of numbers.

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/02/dollh...e-ratings.html

I guess Dollhouse will get at least one season

Comment

I think most of the country is watching the final episodes of Battlestar Galactica but will Fox give Terminator a chance to see what happens after that is done ? I doubt it

Comment

Yes it had better ratings i know, but it aired after terminator. if anything Ghost Whisperer had more of an effect than dollhouse

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
            I think most of the country is watching the final episodes of Battlestar Galactica but will Fox give Terminator a chance to see what happens after that is done ? I doubt it
            What does BSG have to do with TSCC? They air at completely different times and will most likely end around the same time based on number of episodes left.

FOX has already said they will air the rest of the filmed TSCC episodes...and there aren't that many left anyway.

And I think tptb said they wrote the last ep to serve as a final episode if need be and that seems to be the case as there is no way TSCC will get a 3rd season with these ratings...at least not on FOX anyway.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Well, if this show is canceled, at least the final episode won't leave us totally hanging.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Well, if this show is canceled, at least the final episode won't leave us totally hanging.

Oh bloody hell can't they give a show a chance?

I hope they wrap it up properly if that's the case what a fraking waste?

And I hope we get season 2 on dvd.
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                  Last night's episode was a little strange.

Spoiler:
                  I didn't have a problem with the recasting of Sarah (Lena Headey for Linda Hamilton), but for some reason I'm having a harder time with the recasting of Kyle Reece. Jonathan Jackson just doesn't look the part to me - he looks too....soft, I guess. Michael Biehn could carry off the part of a soldier from a post-apocalyptic future, of a guy that'd been through hell and back, and Brian Austin Green does it very well too, but I'm not buying it from Jackson.
                  Spoiler:
                  wasn't Kyle meant to be the 'softer' of the two brothers? At any rate, this Kyle is the Kyle that Sarah is remembering/hallucinating so she'd be seeing him as how she remembers/wants to remember him

Spoiler:
                  I don't understand why Sarah didn't tell Felicia the truth, either. Why did she let her believe everything was a lie, after everything she'd done for her? That confused me.
                  Spoiler:
                  I took that as Sarah getting back on track. She'd been off her game, getting hung up on those three dots culminating with her getting shot. Now she's cleared her head, so that means anonymity and all that to keep John safe. Even the mere mention that her name is Sarah and she has a son named John is a pretty big security risk, so she's trying to downplay it.

Comment

Just watched "Aphine Fields"

good hour of tv, bad episode of T:TSCC, it could of been any post apocolyptic hour of Sci fi.
                    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
                      Just watched "Aphine Fields"

good hour of tv, bad episode of T:TSCC, it could of been any post apocolyptic hour of Sci fi.
                      You're right, pretty good television, but it could have been fleshed out a lot more. Make it uniquely Terminator.

Mainly, this episode just minorly bugged me because of character inconsistencies. Sarah acted as she should have generally, though I think she'd be more harsh, like her behavior in T2. As for Derek, this episode left me again with the feeling of "why do we have Derek Reese around again?" Which is sad given that I generally like the character, but the writers can't seem to give him a convincing reason for being there without making a significant portion of that particular show about him. Cameron was off as well. Physical appearance aside, she and the Triple Eight could have replaced each other without anyone noticing, which is odd given that Cameron normally shows significantly more advanced human type behavior than the Triple Eight of the week does. Probably plot reasons; in order to keep the atmosphere they wanted, all the Terminators, even the friendly one, had to behave (and I apologize for the clumsy phrasing) as not human as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Vis Uban View Post
                        You're right, pretty good television, but it could have been fleshed out a lot more. Make it uniquely Terminator.

Mainly, this episode just minorly bugged me because of character inconsistencies. Sarah acted as she should have generally, though I think she'd be more harsh, like her behavior in T2. As for Derek, this episode left me again with the feeling of "why do we have Derek Reese around again?" Which is sad given that I generally like the character, but the writers can't seem to give him a convincing reason for being there without making a significant portion of that particular show about him. Cameron was off as well. Physical appearance aside, she and the Triple Eight could have replaced each other without anyone noticing, which is odd given that Cameron normally shows significantly more advanced human type behavior than the Triple Eight of the week does. Probably plot reasons; in order to keep the atmosphere they wanted, all the Terminators, even the friendly one, had to behave (and I apologize for the clumsy phrasing) as not human as possible.
                        Cameron and The T-888 could have gone for a coffee and a cupcake without anyone noticing. for a Terminator Tv Show, it was severly lacking in Terminators, and that just made it a generic hour of tv
                        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Discussion of major spoilers for upcoming episodes:

Spoiler:
                          We've been told for a while now that there's a major character death coming up, and also that it's a female character close to John. We've also been told that this is happening in the March 6th episode. What we haven't been told is who. However, it has to be Riley. Ausiello said that it was not going to be Cameron. And the spoilers on TerminatorSite have Sarah appearing in an episode after the March 6th episode. That leaves only Riley. I wouldn't have considered her death a major character death, or even really that big of shock, but she's the only option left.

My only remaining question is - how does she die? The spoilers on TerminatorSite make it sound like Cameron might kill her, but for some reason I keep thinking it's going to be Jesse. What do you all think?
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

Ellison needs to die... IMHO..

need you ask why?

comparing the show to the way it started, it looks as if the characters are tired and burned out... but maybe they are building up to bigger and better things... There are very interesting teasers we get,, but then we just keep getting more... with no resolutions... if we get screwed and the show gets cancelled, we will never get evnough answers... the show needs to pick it up a little bit, just in case it does not return... I would hate for the show to get axed,, really really hate it, because I really like it.. but I don't want to be left with no big improvements by the end of this season... in case it's the last... just in case..

I'm just sayin...
                            My Story:
                            http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
                              Ellison needs to die... IMHO..

need you ask why?

comparing the show to the way it started, it looks as if the characters are tired and burned out... but maybe they are building up to bigger and better things... There are very interesting teasers we get,, but then we just keep getting more... with no resolutions... if we get screwed and the show gets cancelled, we will never get evnough answers... the show needs to pick it up a little bit, just in case it does not return... I would hate for the show to get axed,, really really hate it, because I really like it.. but I don't want to be left with no big improvements by the end of this season... in case it's the last... just in case..

I'm just sayin...

If you and others are fearful of that why not complain to the writers of the show... they probably have email ...
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Friday Ratings:Terminator not uplifting

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles did not drop too much from last week, averaging 3.8 million and a 1.3 rating with 18-49s, but last week it was already very low.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/02/21...plifting/13214

Comment

Working...
                                X