Transformers Movie Series News/Discussion SPOILERS POSSIBLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    That is excellent news. I can't wait to see what they have come up with for this installment.
    I know! I'm excited about this as well!
    sigpic

Comment

I'd like for a Decepticon to turn sides. I don't mean the likes of Wheelie or Jetfire (as Jetfire changed years an unknown about of years back, and Wheelie turned sides just because he had a roboboner for Mikaela), but someone who can change sides during the movie, you have that element of distrust and chance for betrayal.

It's easy enough to keep filling the movie with new Autobots and Decepticons, but I think that the Transformers on both sides need to show some sort of growth and evolution. It can't just be both sides out to destroy each other, there needs to be something that challenges our opinions of both sides.

sigpic

Comment

Malkovich, McDormand for 'Transformers 3'

Michael Bay has confirmed that John Malkovich and Frances McDormand have joined the cast of Transformers 3.

The director of the upcoming movie posted the casting news on his official website.

"We just locked in Frances McDormand and John Malkovich. Both amazing actors I've always wanted to work with," said Bay.

The helmer also announced the signing of "super funny" Ken Jeong, best known as the doctor from Knocked Up and the guy in the trunk from The Hangover.

The project begins pre-shoots in April with plans to have cameras rolling in LA, Chicago, Washington DC, Florida, Texas, Africa, Moscow and China.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...formers-3.html

Comment

Bay repeated the casting on his site (Shoot For The Edit) and he added a new Car to the list of those appearing...

the Ferrari 458 Italia

Hey, it's been a long time since I've posted. Just been a little busy.

Transformers 3 has been going very well. We are going to shoot in LA, Chicago, Washington DC, Florida, Texas, Africa, Moscow, and China. On the talent front, we just locked in Frances McDormand and John Malkovich. Both amazing actors I've always wanted to work with. We also just got Ken Jeong, he is the super funny actor stuck in the trunk from “Hangover” and the Doctor from “Knocked Up.”

We start shooting pre-shoots in about one month.

I also was at a Ferrari charity event this week raising money for a hospital being built by Ferrari in Haiti. I announced that night the newest Autobot to join Transformers: the Ferrari 458 Italia.

I also want to thank everyone on this site that donated to the Make -A-Wish charity. We raised $20,000 which I will personally be matching. This is a great charity where they make wishes come true for kids who are very ill. We have had many Kids from Make-A-Wish visit us on our Transformers sets and this time we will be posting video of their visits on Transformers 3.

Michael Bay
          Shoot For The Edit

The Car in question...

Interesting news on the casting front.... though i have to admit the Ken Jeong really irritated me in The Hangover.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

It's a sexy look car, but to be honest I'd like something a bit more... normal, for lack of a better word. How many people do you know driving a Ferrari? I'd like to see a Skoda Octavia, or a Ford Mondeo. Not cars that look as if they taken from an episode of Top Gear, or at least raided from Jay Leno's garage.
            Last edited by SaberBlade; 23 March 2010, 05:44 AM.

sigpic

Comment

A few more normal cars would be cool.... but i can't see that happening

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

The Transformers cartoon was a 22 minute advert for toys. The Transformer movies, are pretty much a 2 hour advert for the cars but you'd think after all the issues that GM had a few years back, they'd want to display cars that are more affordable and not going to cost a fortune to fill up. The cheapest car in the movies were probably the twins, but considering they got a lot of bad press for being racist and bad stereotypes, I don't think people are going to rush out and buy one because of what they saw in a movie.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  I'd like for a Decepticon to turn sides. I don't mean the likes of Wheelie or Jetfire (as Jetfire changed years an unknown about of years back, and Wheelie turned sides just because he had a roboboner for Mikaela), but someone who can change sides during the movie, you have that element of distrust and chance for betrayal.

It's easy enough to keep filling the movie with new Autobots and Decepticons, but I think that the Transformers on both sides need to show some sort of growth and evolution. It can't just be both sides out to destroy each other, there needs to be something that challenges our opinions of both sides.
                  I'll agree on here, though I think it may be too late now.

I think that they should have had a Decepticon from the first movie, who isn't in the second, who joins the Autobots in the third (not Barricade). Maybe even one from the second movie, but ideally, they'd need it to be one that wasn't too evil, as the Autobots and Humans aren't likely to trust them then; if at all.

Would be damn neat to do, but realistically, I don't see it happening.

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                  The Car in question...
                  Hot Rod right there.

The only thing I'm worried about are 'more characters'. Don't you think they should be focusing on the current ones a wee bit? We've got that Blue Electric guy from T2 (forget his name), but he had two scenes in RotF, I'd have worked on him a bit more; he sounded cool. If they're going to bring in a Ferarri (no doubt Hot Rod) and they're also going for character development, I think they need to kill another Autobot off. Acree is dead, and we may as well forget about the Twins. Replace them with Hot Rod and an Autobot Flyer perhaps? Maybe kill off Rachet or Ironhide too?
                  sigpic
                  It's Probin' Time!

Comment

It's been 2 movies and 5 hours of screen-time. We know pretty much nothing about any of the Autobots except Optimus, Bumblebee (sort of) and the retardobots. Killing any of them would be a pointless wasted opportunity to develop a character, and wouldn't have that much of an impact since we hardly know them after all this time. I sure didn't feel anything in the anticlimactic death scene of a character who had 2 lines in Transformers 1. Optimus' death scene in Revenge of the Fallen was much better than Jazz's but still, given how little Michael Bay wrote in the Transformers in the first two movies I almost suspect he would prefer to cut every one of them out altogether.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post

I think that they should have had a Decepticon from the first movie, who isn't in the second, who joins the Autobots in the third (not Barricade). Maybe even one from the second movie, but ideally, they'd need it to be one that wasn't too evil, as the Autobots and Humans aren't likely to trust them then; if at all.

Well wasn't Wheelie a Decepticon?

And he said that being one is a choice... That kind of sounds wrong.

Jetfire was also a Decepticon but he helped the Autobots too.

I thought with Arcee there was three of her type..
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Having Hot Rod in this movie would be so great.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

really don't think i could face watching a 3rd, the first was fairly decent but the second just bored me even the actions scenes were just dull, theres barely any story and if im watching a film for over 2 hours i'd like a decent story not just a chain of just about linked events, never been a micheal bay fan but its like this film was made by a kid with no real attention span

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                            really don't think i could face watching a 3rd, the first was fairly decent but the second just bored me even the actions scenes were just dull, theres barely any story and if im watching a film for over 2 hours i'd like a decent story not just a chain of just about linked events, never been a micheal bay fan but its like this film was made by a kid with no real attention span
                            Then don't watch it!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                              Respectfully, I don't agree with that at all. In some ways, I thought ROTF was almost better than the first movie. At the very least, I thought it was as good.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                                Respectfully, I don't agree with that at all. In some ways, I thought ROTF was almost better than the first movie. At the very least, I thought it was as good.
                                I must concur....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X