Transformers Movie Series News/Discussion SPOILERS POSSIBLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
    Sounds good, although I thought we had more of this in the first film already? I've said before, I'd have liked it if there were a flying Autobot, we should have had one. Breakaway (in the T2 game) was cut from the T2 movie. I'd love if they were to put him in this one, just so the Autobots have a flier too.
    Yeah, I totally agree. This third film definitely needs an Autobot that can take to the skies.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
      Michael Bay: Transformers 3 will focus on character. Right

Bay is working on a third installment in the hit movie franchise, and he told the Los Angeles Times' Heat Vision blog a little about it.

Seems it's going to be more of a character piece. As in robot characters:

... The third film—which will hit theaters in summer 2011, won't be as robot-heavy and there will be fewer explosions, a tight-lipped Bay said after the Q+A. "There will be a nice crescendo ending," Bay said. "It gets much more into the robot character. The last time you kind of met a few of the robots; this time you're gonna get a much cooler landscape."

http://scifiwire.com/2010/01/michael...medium=twitter
      This is what he SHOULD have been doing from the start. I have a feeling he isn't being truthful though. After the first two movies and how successful they were, I'll believe him actually focusing on the Autobots when I see it.

Of course maybe he just means he'll focus even more on the human characters.

As for flying Autobots goes, in G-1 they were mostly confined the roads that even I noticed the Deceptions had a huge air contingent by comparison to them. Then the Autobots ended up getting an entire group of flying Autobots, aptly dubbed the "Arielbots". They were some of my favorite characters because they also formed the Autobots first combiner.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Forget the crappy live action series. Get a load of the trailer for Transformers: War for Cybertron, a multi-platform game coming out in June of this year:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/on...mers-war/60793

Comment

I was totally just watching the trailers for that again. I wasn't crazy about Megatron's voice, but apart from a couple minor quibbles overall the things looks pretty sweet.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I'd like to see some actual game play footage.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
              Forget the crappy live action series. Get a load of the trailer for Transformers: War for Cybertron, a multi-platform game coming out in June of this year:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/on...mers-war/60793
              Well, I won't forget the two films I have enjoyed very much. But, I will definitely check this game out when it is released.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

*perks up ears*

Did someone say game! Ooo...me likey!
                sigpic

Comment

Transformers 3 Script Finished!

This from Cinemablend:

"Duhamel says he met with Michael Bay yesterday and the Transformers 3 script is now complete. They're preparing to start filming it this summer."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=16060

Comment

cool.....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Script finished so soon, nice one. I wouldn't have expected filming to happen until next year, this summer is great news.

sigpic

Comment

This from Cinemablend:

"Duhamel says he met with Michael Bay yesterday and the Transformers 3 script is now complete. They're preparing to start filming it this summer."

Nice one!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                          As for flying Autobots goes, in G-1 they were mostly confined the roads that even I noticed the Deceptions had a huge air contingent by comparison to them. Then the Autobots ended up getting an entire group of flying Autobots, aptly dubbed the "Arielbots". They were some of my favorite characters because they also formed the Autobots first combiner.
                          Granted the G-1's were mostly road, but think of the impact the Autobots would have with a few fast-fliers. Optimus wouldn't have got beaten (and killed) in the Forest if the Autobots had a fast-flier that was able to get there before everyone else.

Even if they've only got the one, they need one. By all accounts, last movie, Acree was killed off (this has been speculated). We've got Optimus, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Rachet, Sideswipe, Skids and Mudflap left. They can do away with 'The Twins' from the minute the movie starts; have Megatron smash them together or something. As funny as they were, for 'Intelligent Robots' they were pretty... dumb.

This from Cinemablend:

Good News here. I hope the script is a good one.
                          sigpic
                          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

I hope they took the heavy criticism from the last movie on board.

Comment

This from Cinemablend:

That is excellent news. I can't wait to see what they have come up with for this installment.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
                                Granted the G-1's were mostly road, but think of the impact the Autobots would have with a few fast-fliers. Optimus wouldn't have got beaten (and killed) in the Forest if the Autobots had a fast-flier that was able to get there before everyone else.

Even if they've only got the one, they need one. By all accounts, last movie, Acree was killed off (this has been speculated). We've got Optimus, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Rachet, Sideswipe, Skids and Mudflap left. They can do away with 'The Twins' from the minute the movie starts; have Megatron smash them together or something. As funny as they were, for 'Intelligent Robots' they were pretty... dumb.

Good News here. I hope the script is a good one.
                                Agreed. The Autobots do need at least one member that's airborne in the film canon. The Twins...just need to go. Period. I would personally like to see more of the Decepticons' base of operations in space. I believe they planted themselves in one of the moons orbiting Saturn in Revenge of the Fallen? The Autobots will need a space-worthy member to able to do anything about that place.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X