Transformers Movie Series News/Discussion SPOILERS POSSIBLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box Office: 'Transformers 2' earns $201 million its first five days

Michael Jackson's death may have overshadowed Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen as the top entertainment story of the weekend but it didn't hamper its box-office performance. After opening to an astounding $60.6 million on Wednesday, the PG-13 rated robot mash-up has grossed an estimated $201 million over its first five days, second only to The Dark Knight's 5-day opening of $203 million. Its Friday-Sunday total reached $112 million, the best three-day opening this summer. IMAX screens accounted for $14.4 million.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/...sformers-.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post

After opening to an astounding $60.6 million on Wednesday, the PG-13 rated robot mash-up has grossed an estimated $201 million over its first five days, second only to The Dark Knight's 5-day opening of $203 million. Its Friday-Sunday total reached $112 million, the best three-day opening this summer. IMAX screens accounted for $14.4 million.

That's cool! I'm finally gonna get to see the movie today!
      sigpic

Comment

I saw it. Giant robots smashing is good. Humans with nothing to add but the lowest of low-brown humor is bad.

Some amusing parts, rarely did those amusing parts contain humans except for perhaps the old "robotron" guy. The military humans were pretty cool, I liked what they did to their Obama appointed Kinsey-guy (they should have just said "president is being taken to safe location". By saying Obamas name I kept thinking...man they put him in a bad light with this kinsey/Daniels-esq appointee of his... maybe that was the point... maybe not... whatcanyoudo. I still say its best if they don't actually mention the presidents name so if a character calls him a shrub your not actually insulting anyone real)

Anyway, the humans were forgettable... I can't actually remember the name of even one of them, though I know Optimus said the boys name several times. Thats fine though as they pretty much didnt do anything I would want to remember.

I agree with the shaky cam. That is a movie I need to watch on DVD just so I can slow it down and see what is happening.

In fact maybe someone here can enlighten me on a couple of things:
        Spoiler:

What happened to the twins? They were kicking the big guys ass and then got hung up on that chain and then dissappeard.

What happened to the little RC Truck deceptacon who wanted to change sides.... did he get smashed in the twins arguement? I dont remember seeing him after that?

Why did Roboton think he was going to die if all he was going to do was call in a Railgun shot. I thought he was going to call in a missle or something where he might actually get injured.

Seems like I had a few other questions, but I dont remember them now... but if you can just answer the first two that would be swell. My uncle who saw the movie with me had the same questions.

Anyway, Big Robots smash is good. No plot, didnt really expect one though I did expect it to be standard action adventure fair without the dumb and dumber aspects, but whatever.

Star Trek
        Wolverine
        Terminator
        Watchmen
        This
        Knowing (couldnt even remember the name of this one...end was good but not worth sitting through the rest of the movie)

I think that is how I would rate this years movies.... though I think I may be missing one or two.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Michael Jackson's death may have overshadowed Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen as the top entertainment story of the weekend but it didn't hamper its box-office performance. After opening to an astounding $60.6 million on Wednesday, the PG-13 rated robot mash-up has grossed an estimated $201 million over its first five days, second only to The Dark Knight's 5-day opening of $203 million. Its Friday-Sunday total reached $112 million, the best three-day opening this summer. IMAX screens accounted for $14.4 million.

I am extremely happy this movie is doing so well. It bodes really well for a third installment.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

That's quite interesting. Im sure that your unlikely to noticed most of them, especially when at times you cant tell the transformers apart.
            So how do the IMDB geeks spot all this stuff?
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              I am extremely happy this movie is doing so well. It bodes really well for a third installment.
              I know! It does bode well for the 3rd one! I wonder if we'll have to wait until 2011 for the third one?

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              So how do the IMDB geeks spot all this stuff?
              They have nothing better to do. LOL I just saw the movie yesterday, and aside from the geography issues in a few scenes....I didn't see any of the other problems mentions.
              sigpic

Comment

Bay hits back at Megan Fox criticisms

Michael Bay has hit back at Megan Fox's claims that his movies do not offer many acting opportunities.

Speaking to the Wall Street Journal, the Transformers director took issue with Fox's remarks, saying that the actress is prone to saying "ridiculous things".

"Well, that's Megan Fox for you. She says some very ridiculous things because she's 23 years old and she still has a lot of growing to do," Bay said. "You roll your eyes when you see statements like that and think, 'Okay Megan, you can do whatever you want. I got it'. I 100% disagree with her."

Bay noted that his movies have helped to launch the careers of several top Hollywood stars.

"Nic Cage wasn't a big actor when I cast him [in The Rock], nor was Ben Affleck before I put him in Armageddon," he said. "Shia LaBeouf wasn't a big movie star before he did Transformers - and then he exploded. Not to mention Will Smith and Martin Lawrence from Bad Boys."

He continued: "Nobody in the world knew about Megan Fox until I found her and put her in Transformers. I like to think that I've had some luck in building actors' careers with my films."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...riticisms.html

Comment

Michael Bay has hit back at Megan Fox's claims that his movies do not offer many acting opportunities.

Speaking to the Wall Street Journal, the Transformers director took issue with Fox's remarks, saying that the actress is prone to saying "ridiculous things".

"Well, that's Megan Fox for you. She says some very ridiculous things because she's 23 years old and she still has a lot of growing to do," Bay said. "You roll your eyes when you see statements like that and think, 'Okay Megan, you can do whatever you want. I got it'. I 100% disagree with her."

Bay noted that his movies have helped to launch the careers of several top Hollywood stars.

"Nic Cage wasn't a big actor when I cast him [in The Rock], nor was Ben Affleck before I put him in Armageddon," he said. "Shia LaBeouf wasn't a big movie star before he did Transformers - and then he exploded. Not to mention Will Smith and Martin Lawrence from Bad Boys."

He continued: "Nobody in the world knew about Megan Fox until I found her and put her in Transformers. I like to think that I've had some luck in building actors' careers with my films."

wow, i completely agree with Michael Bay, he is right about that his movies launched the career of many young actors , and i think that being in a big action movies such as his they require a lot of skill and actors can use there many talents. personally i really like Transformers 2 i like what he did with them and i hope there is a part three
                  sigpic
                  May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Well what did Megan actually say that ticked Michael Bay off?

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      They have nothing better to do. LOL I just saw the movie yesterday, and aside from the geography issues in a few scenes....I didn't see any of the other problems mentions.

You mean you didn't notice Megan Fox in crisp white pants running all around the place in sand and dirt and falling too, and not a bit of dirt got on her pants which should have been brown with all that dirt and stuff.

Comment

Well what did Megan actually say that ticked Michael Bay off?
                        I don't know, but boy did it ever tick him off.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          I don't know, but boy did it ever tick him off.

Seems that way.

But if you've seen some of the daft thngs she's said in magazines like her GQ interview its no wonder she ticks people off.

She's building her career on the notion that she loves sex and being sexy, but she comes off too much as a try hard.

Comment

Actual box-office returns show that Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen came in about $3 million shy of its Sunday studio estimate, which would have put the five-day opening at $198.2 million, BoxOfficeMojo.com reported; the studio still recorded a $200.1 million five-day opening.
                            http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/news-br...y-takes-on.php

Comment

You mean you didn't notice Megan Fox in crisp white pants running all around the place in sand and dirt and falling too, and not a bit of dirt got on her pants which should have been brown with all that dirt and stuff.
                              in other words you spent the entire Egypt battle staring at Megans butt and not the rest of the action?

Granted, there were a fair number of continuity errors..... but after the first movie... i expected them, and 90% passed me by without a second thought.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Rodriguez to Have Bigger Role in Transformers 3

The Los Angeles Times has published an article on Ramon Rodriguez, who plays Leo Spitz in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. It sounds like he'll be back for the third installment:

Director Michael Bay has a third "Transformers" film in mind, and if it plays out as he expects, the next installment would have a more substantial role for Rodriguez. The filmmaker, speaking at his office a few weeks before "Revenge of the Fallen" was released, seemed to have some pride of discovery when talking about Rodriguez.

"I've worked with big stars, people like Will Smith, Sean Connery and Bruce Willis, but casting is a weird thing, it takes you places you don't expect," Bay said. "We went looking for a sidekick in this movie, Shia's sidekick, and we find this new kid who really pops on screen. I think he’s going to have a real bright career. It's great to work with big stars, but it's always fun to discover people."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/tr...ws.php?id=8467

Comment

Working...
                                X