This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
    oh i never said i didn't like Die Hard. I love it. I also love DH3. But 2 was awful.
    but it's far from the best movie ever.
    4.0's pretty good, but I wasn't too big on the first sequel either.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I think all the Die Hards 1-3 are better than 4.0 I mean it's just...not that good. It's alright I guess if you want to turn off but once you start thinking even a little bit it all falls to pieces, like, how did the car keep accelerating after he jumped out, how did Mclane and the geek get through the barbed wire fence?

Comment

Originally posted by Bray View Post
        I think all the Die Hards 1-3 are better than 4.0 I mean it's just...not that good. It's alright I guess if you want to turn off but once you start thinking even a little bit it all falls to pieces, like, how did the car keep accelerating after he jumped out, how did Mclane and the geek get through the barbed wire fence?
        maybe theres a cut bit where he jams the acc. down?

and i like DH2, it's my least favourite, but it is still watchable, i like the conspiracy bits in it, like when mcclane has blanks in his gun, and colm meany is in it too.
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

Maybe, I guess a lot of stuff does get cut from movies, it would be interesting to see whether it's a deleted scene on the special features of the DVD.

Yeah the blanks bit is funny, the way they all duck and cover

I've definatly seen worse films.

Comment

oh definately...

anyway, thinking about it, 300 can't be the best film ever, because total recall is better.
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

That's the one on Mars isn't it?

I think True Lies has to be the best...it's sooo damn funny, when the special agent hits his wife and Arnie floors him I was rolling around with laughter.

300 is up in the best in my opinion, maybe not the best though thinking about it.

Comment

yeah it's the one on mars, much better than predator, and my only DVD to be signed by one of the cast!!
                true lies is awesome, its quite long though and has lots of twists and turns, i find you have to be in the right mood to watch it because of that, it almost feels like 2 movies!!
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                Quotes!
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah I think True Lies has to be watched whilst drunk and with a bunch of mates, it's a very long film.

hehe Total Recall, quality film, might give it a watch when I get home tonight

Comment

Comment

Howdy, stranger! This is Hauser. If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've probably got a wet towel wrapped around your head.
                      lol
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      Quotes!
                      sigpic

Comment

lmao, ah that's the bit where he pulls the tracker thing out of his brain through his name isn't it, I was like omg, that is the ultimate bogie!

Comment

lol yeah, same scene... the prosthetic heards they used for that shot and the shot near the end were really good!! they'd CGI all that these days. movies like TR and Bladerunner prove that you can make a sci-fi movie look good without all the flashy cgi they use these days!!
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          Quotes!
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah it's a little disappointing that everything is CGI now, although if done properly it looks a hell of a lot better than most other ways of doing it.

Like 300 the CGI in that was amazing.

Comment

Working...
                            X