Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked this movie. I thought the artistic camera work was great. How you could see how much he loved his home just from the colors. It was well made.
    Music and Stargate
    sigpic
    Perfection

Comment

Just saw this today, a little late to the game. Quite liked it... it's not the nigh-transformational experience that some of my friends made it out to be, but it's really enjoyable.

For those that mentioned it before in this thread... Xerxes was totally a Goa'uld! From the moment he came on the screen carried in that regal way I could just hear that "Children of the Gods" Goa'uld music and I was like "That guy's a Gould!". Then he opened his yap and proved it with his flanged voice and his "Kneel before your God" riff. His eyes even did seem a little more luminous than most others.

I was muttering under my breath "A god?! Please! I know a Goa'uld when I see one."
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post
        Just saw this today, a little late to the game. Quite liked it... it's not the nigh-transformational experience that some of my friends made it out to be, but it's really enjoyable.

For those that mentioned it before in this thread... Xerxes was totally a Goa'uld! From the moment he came on the screen carried in that regal way I could just hear that "Children of the Gods" Goa'uld music and I was like "That guy's a Gould!". Then he opened his yap and proved it with his flanged voice and his "Kneel before your God" riff. His eyes even did seem a little more luminous than most others.

I was muttering under my breath "A god?! Please! I know a Goa'uld when I see one."
        Funny....I had the same feeling when I saw it. Quite frankly, I didn't care for the movie. I could have immersed myself in "Mortal Combat" and gotten as much out of it. (The "immortals" looked like sub zero and the big guy looked like Gorro.) Popcorn $4.00, Diet Coke $3.50, night out watching the movie "300" .......... worthless!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post
          my thoughts exactly...

Comment

Just found the thread but have seen the movie 3 times

That of cousre means that I love the movie. I won't say that it's the best movie in the entire world but I can appreciate it for what it is.

And I have to say that the abs and the fight scenes - brilliant!

I just explained this thread to my bf and all he could do was laugh - we both made the link to the Goa'uld as well hehehehe
            "But I want to do community service, I want to teach the handicapped how to yodel"

Comment

Nuff said.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                I was already rather wary of this movie but then some guys I know wanted to see it and I went with them...I walked out of the movie when it was halfway through. I just couldn't watch it anymore. It was unbearable. If this movie had been made in Germany in the mid-1930s, it would be studied today alongside The Eternal Jew as a textbook example of how race-baiting fantasy and nationalist myth can serve as an incitement to total war (quote "Slate" but I couldn't say it any better)
                The movie uses all the racist myths that glorify Spartan society as defenders of “Western Civilization” and denigrate Persia as Eastern and barbaric. In scenes remindful of the racism of Joseph Goebbels, the old Nazi propaganda minister, there are countless references to “endless Asian hordes,” “Persian beasts” and a “new age of freedom.” The movie is filled with homo-phobic slurs, is blatantly pro-war and severely racist. It glorifies old Nazi ideals so much that even old Leni Riefensthal movies look tame in comparison.
                Indeed.

I finally got around to seeing the movie, and even with all racial concerns aside, it simply wasn't very good. I'm finding it difficult to pin down exactly how it was bad, as I really thought the whole film just bled of horrific mediocrity.

Shame, really. I was hoping at least that it would be a film I could just unplug to and sit back and enjoy. But it failed even at that.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

well the box office feels the movie is better than you think.

Comment

I loved the movie. I even loved South Park's spoof of the movie. That was great.

" They were growing tired and wanted to go buy more designer sunglasses."
                    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                      well the box office feels the movie is better than you think.
                      The number of people who go see a movie is hardly reflective of its quality. How much money did the Star Wars prequels make?
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm surprised at how the reaction to this movie is so split down the middle.
                        Seems people either love it or hate it.

I love it.

Infact, it's finally coming to the Imax here, so I guess I'll have to see it a third time...

Comment

The best film in the world? No. It doesn't come close to films like the Matrix, SW or POTC.
                          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                            Nuff said.
                            I'll see you that and raise you a

Comment

^wins the thread
                              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I was this last weekend, and i was disappointed, and i didnt think it was very good. three of us watched it, and we all thought it was disappointing

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Working...
                                X