No announcement yet.

"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The intro/outro song was really good, anyone know what it's called?

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
      The intro/outro song was really good, anyone know what it's called?
      I was wondering that too. They played it in part 1 a bit too.

And Aadizookaan thanks for the info. I guess that means that the entire universe went byebye then? I'm feeling more and more sure that this is going to end with the reset button.

Phil
      Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
      Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

Ever notice how they are turning Jack into some sort of Messiah with "special" abilities and some destiny? The Asgaard think he is a specially advanced human? He can call up the power of the Ancients, etc? Oy.
        Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

There is an initial calendar posted over the SciFi Channel for September...and it looks like the SciFi Channel is going to start vertically stripping the "Andromeda" series on Tuesdays, from 7 - 11 pm, beginning Tuesday, September 28th.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
          http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Oh God....just let it dye already. The show walks around in a circle...I could have written a better season/story arc for that show. it got so bad after Season 1 when Rev left. Thats when I stopped watching.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I thought some little bits of the show was a bit cheezy, but i didn't think it was too bad, but the supposed series finale (but now i guess season finale) of the fourth season was just horrible imo, i didn't like it at all.
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                Oh Gawd....just let it dye already.
                You want the ship to be a different color??

Comment

No I want that show to end, get off the television, and then burn all copies of it. Season 1 was the best, and when Rev left, that show went to shi-at.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                  [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I kind of like the idea. I got to see almost all the past Stargate eps thanks to Scifi's monday night lineup. I'd hope they would do it for each day. Friday being new episodes of Andromeda, SG-1, and SG-A. Monday being SG-1, Tuesday Andromeda, then fill in Wed, and Thurs with 2 other shows, not quite sure what though.

DANIEL (sarcastically): "Oh, could you? I mean, uh, go slow."

Comment

If true, then I'm happy for the original creator of the show (Robert Hewitt Wolfe) and the original writers of seasons 1-2 since I assume this means they'll get royalties. They seem like great guys.

As a fan I gave up on the show after the big changes they made in season 2. I've watched the occasional odd episode here and there but the chance of rewatching the show from the beginning doesn't do much for me because I'm afraid it will just remind me of the lost potential of that show.

Still, I'm always in favor of the scifi channel showing these type of series rather than the reality stuff so I hope it works out well.
                      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Yes, i'm really glad Scifi hasn't made the channel into 'sci fi reality' show network, that wouldn't be good.
                        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                          Oh God....just let it dye already. The show walks around in a circle...I could have written a better season/story arc for that show. it got so bad after Season 1 when Rev left. Thats when I stopped watching.

That's when most of the other people that made it good left too.

Anyone could have made a better story, and one that makes sense. I mean they could have made the Commonwealth for the first 2-3 seasons then form it only to realize that most of the members are evil and a civil war breaks out until the show ends.
                          It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

How about a Farscape night? Maybe Wednesday? I mean christ no one stays up 4 am in the morning when they show it, and 1 two parter of Farscape is better then the entire series of Andromeda...hell one episode...the worst one even!

Comment

Originally posted by Xevallah
                              How about a Farscape night? Maybe Wednesday? I mean christ no one stays up 4 am in the morning when they show it, and 1 two parter of Farscape is better then the entire series of Andromeda...hell one episode...the worst one even!

Dollars to donuts, I bet 'ya that the SciFi Channel will move "Farscape" to a better time slot before the mini-series.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I watched the pilot and the first two episodes of Andromeda, but I just could not get into it. It wasn't that it was horrible bad or anything like that...it just didn't "click" with me...had no interest in what might happen to those characters.

Still, Andromeda Tuesday is better than, say, Crossing Over Wednesday or Scare Tactics Thursday.
                                Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                                O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                                - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                                - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                                once done, cannot be undone...
                                brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Working...
                                X