No announcement yet.

"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normally,I give the benefit of the doubt to new characters....but I have to admit, the wardrobe dept seem to have gone absolutely nuts !
    Someone please tell me that I dreamed those awful Retro-60's outfits.

Hopefully,Brandy Ledford will have a great time on Andromeda.I mean no disrespect to her at all.

Sadly,not only will I see that Character as Andromeda Barbie.To me,she'll be "Retro-Bot" !
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

This is why I stopped watching after season 1....

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Hello! This is Andromeda we're talking about! Hercules in Space? Of course they're slutting it up to the lowest common denominator!

Comment

LMAO ! I had hoped for good things for the Show,though.
          The trouble is,that I've missed most of the eps anyway,including the ones featuring MS,PDL and CJ,so I'll have to hope for re-runs.
          I'm wondering if it's worth sitting through the rest,but I'll give it a whirl !

Comment

I remember the old Hercules days Revealing clothing, haha...
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

The first season or so is cheesy, but I think it's at a tolerable level. Then their main writer guy left and Sorbo pitched a hissy fit about storylines being "too complicated" and he wanted plots he could understand and... well, it was all downhill from there, IMO. The storylines are bad enough, but the music has become so painfully lame and pumped up that it actually distracts from the awfulness of the show itself.

Once in a while I tune in because I really like Harper/Gordon Michael Woolvett. Unfortunately, they're trying to turn his character into a one-joke cliche, but fortunately GMW is too clever and tricksy and manages to work in some fun stuff in spite of everything going on around (and to) him. I hear he ad-libs a lot of his lines. More power to him.

Rhade (AKA Camulus) is very pretty to look at, but again his character is a little predictibly shallow.

The eps with MS are actually kinda interesting, more so the first than the second and seeing the other SG-1 actors is kinda fun. I still need to see the ep with Dan Shea...

Speaking generally, though, you aren't missing anything and are probably better off if you don't watch it.

Comment

I thought the whole S1 was cheesy, I thought the purple version of Trance was just awful, but when she transformed into our current one, she looked tons less cheesy, but it seemed she was less energetic.

I can just imagine the new avatar being... i don't know how to explain, weird? But tahts not a good description word... Ahh, i'll have to think..

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  The first season or so is cheesy, but I think it's at a tolerable level. Then their main writer guy left and Sorbo pitched a hissy fit about storylines being "too complicated" and he wanted plots he could understand and... well, it was all downhill from there, IMO. The storylines are bad enough, but the music has become so painfully lame and pumped up that it actually distracts from the awfulness of the show itself.
                  I saw quite a bit of Season 1,but missed some eps.I'd say that's a fair assessment,though ! (My kids thought Bek'a (SP?) was a Carter rip-off )

Once in a while I tune in because I really like Harper/Gordon Michael Woolvett. Unfortunately, they're trying to turn his character into a one-joke cliche, but fortunately GMW is too clever and tricksy and manages to work in some fun stuff in spite of everything going on around (and to) him. I hear he ad-libs a lot of his lines. More power to him.
                  I like Harper too.I felt he was dumbed-down,but I'm glad he gets some ad-libs in .Not keen on what I saw of S2 ,but "Yes" to Harper !

Rhade (AKA Camulus) is very pretty to look at, but again his character is a little predictibly shallow.
                  Steve Bacic I like. Missed that too,I think.

The eps with MS are actually kinda interesting, more so the first than the second and seeing the other SG-1 actors is kinda fun. I still need to see the ep with Dan Shea...
                  Haven't seen any of those,I'll have to look up the missing eps,and see if I can buy them !

Speaking generally, though, you aren't missing anything and are probably better off if you don't watch it.
                  I think you're right,Shadow,as I don't think it's really worth sitting through the whole lot,just to see a handful of episodes,really !
                  I like the effects,and Lexa Doig/Andromeda ,but I actually find K.Sorbo a bit wooden,I'm afraid,and the scripts do seem "dumbed down"

With the new *Cough * Android "Pinkie",I think I probably won't watch next year. I'll concentrate on buying the eps I actually want to see.

Thanks for the review and info,Shadow ! I appreciate good advice.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  LMJ: I think Season 1 was cheesy too .
                  As for this new Avatar...."Odd" or "weird" seem good descriptions!
                  Maybe she'll be fine though ,or maybe have a tough streak ? Hope so.
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 30 July 2004, 05:18 PM. Reason: Double reply req !

Comment

I place the blame squarely on Michael Shanks and his hrmmm... "soilders" for this one

And it thought they couldn't kill the show anymore than Sorbo already did... I have a feeling this was his idea too

Comment

That girl looks really really old.
                      Last edited by DownFallAngel; 31 July 2004, 11:10 AM.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                        That irl looks really really old.
                        im assuming u said girl haha... ur right she does look old, but hey, they are pictures, maybe she looks different onscreen.

Comment

I changed it to girl. Sorry if you had to think for a moment.

Comment

And God(moi) has done it again:

Andromeda 4x21 end & 4x22 beginning & end:

Sarah Brightman & Charlotte Church - Requiem

atleast parts of it.
                            Last edited by aAnubiSs; 31 July 2004, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Hehe... Maybe the character won't be in the show as much as Romi was, but since shes becomming a new castmember, maybe not

Comment

well, Dan Shea was in a couple episodes (that i saw). he was in one episode for about... a minute. he was sort of a solider for this planet they were on. of course, he got his ass kicked by Dylan. in another episode, he basically was the same thing with the same result.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Working...
                                X