Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can think of three dark-haired beauties for the role; in no particular order:

Jill Hennessy

Angie Harmon (she looked great in Cody Banks: Secret Agent

And then there's Lucy Lawless:

...although last I saw her she was a blonde...

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
      Not to mention Lucy has a pretty strong resume in fighting bad guys, crazy beings and evil doers.
      Probably the exact reason why they would never cast her. People probably wouldn't see her as Wonder Woman, they'd see her as Xena in Wonder Woman's outfit.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
        I used to have a pic of Sandra Bullock in th WW costume...I'll have to see if I can dig that one up and post it!

If this Wonder Woman movie was made ten years ago, then Catherine Zeta-Jones would've been my ideal pick. But here's a good pic that shows how good she looks as WW. (see below)

And there's other CZJ pics as WW at this link too if you want to check them out:
        http://www.comics2film.com/DCG/index...e%20zeta-jones
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
          Probably the exact reason why they would never cast her. People probably wouldn't see her as Wonder Woman, they'd see her as Xena in Wonder Woman's outfit.
          I'd have to disagree. That's why I would have chosen Keanu Reeves to play SuperMan. His resume is far more impressive in taking on bad guys. From Chemical Reaction to Constantine...at least though I got Constantine II in the works, so I'm happy.

I wouldn't see her as Xena in Wonder Woman's outfit..but always Wonder Woman playing Xena to get her feet wet.

But as others have said she's too old..so meh....and she's not looking for that role.

By the way I think Angie Harmon is a good choice, but still more in the league of Lucy Lawless.
          VB
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Seeing some current pics of Lucy Lawless...I can now sortta see her in the role. Before...in the Xena suit...she just didn't work for me.
            sigpic

Comment

Hopefully the effects wouldn't be so cheesey! If they're gonna do it, no matter who's cast in the role, they should do it right, and that means NO skimping on effects!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                Hopefully the effects wouldn't be so cheesey! If they're gonna do it, no matter who's cast in the role, they should do it right, and that means NO skimping on effects!
                Well Joss seems to know how to make the most of his special effects, Serenity only cost somewhere in the ballpark of $50 mill.

Fans chime in on their opinons on who should be WW

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                  I agree...no cheese for the effects!
                  sigpic

Comment

The thing that immediately strikes me about that Nadia lady is that she looks astonishingly like Adam Hughes' "definitive" Wonder Woman drawings:

http://www.justsayah.com/pages/AHpg3.html

Comment

Originally posted by Nuallain
                      The thing that immediately strikes me about that Nadia lady is that she looks astonishingly like Adam Hughes' "definitive" Wonder Woman drawings:

http://www.justsayah.com/pages/AHpg3.html
                      Very cool drawings. Still I hold the position that it should be a total unknown.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                        I love Xena...but Lucy's build isn't right for WW
                        I agree... a) because she's probably not of the right age and b) because she's not of the right physique. She may be statuesque but she's too burly for the role. From my memories of Lynda Carter , WW while strong isn't overly bulky. I don't think Lucy Lawless has the right look either. I'm not saying that she isn't attractive but I've always thought that Wonder Woman should be fine, petite and regal and yet still strong.
                        Lucy is a terrific actress and is doing great things on BSG but I can't see her as Wonder Woman.
                        Last edited by Easter Lily; 20 April 2006, 02:47 AM.
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Well Joss seems to know how to make the most of his special effects, Serenity only cost somewhere in the ballpark of $50 mill.

Fans chime in on their opinons on who should be WW
                          When I first heard that Joss was doing WW my first thought was Morena... I have never wavered from that opinion since. But looking at that website, I can see why people have picked Charisma Carpenter. She looks lovely too.

The most wonderful thing about WW is that it is probably going to be made on my turf! Yay!
                          Wonder if one is able to take a peek of them shooting it.
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                            The most wonderful thing about WW is that it is probably going to be made on my turf! Yay!
                            Wonder if one is able to take a peek of them shooting it.
                            Probably if they are shooting downtown, you could probably watch it from afar.

Comment

Probably if they are shooting downtown, you could probably watch it from afar.
                              Well, I heard rumours that they'll be shooting either on the Gold Coast or somewhere in the tropical north. Probably both. Yeah, we have the right look for Paradise Island!
                              sigpic

Comment

Milla Jovovich is a bad idea. While she could kick my ass and make me thank her for it later, she's just too...well, she's Milla. She's played this role already three times.

Morena Baccarin is probably the first choice. Whedon really seems to like his Firefly cast and floats them work whenever he can (note how nearly every member of the Firefly cast has done voice-over work on JLU), so it's likely she's up for the role. But honestly, Baccarin never impressed me much with her acting ability. She needs to work on that if she's going to be Wonder Woman. The role calls for a woman who is strong and confident, yet still very much a wide-eyed innocent in the World of Man. That's a more complex role than you'd think.
                                Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                                I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                                What have these years left to me?
                                Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Working...
                                X