This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easter Lily
    The only thing going against her is her size/height... I've always had the impression that WW should be slightly statuesque. At least that's the mythos we've been given about the Amazonians.
    Well she's near 5'8. Worse comes to worse they can always do what they did with James Marsden for X-men, she can walk around on apple boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
      Well she's near 5'8. Worse comes to worse they can always do what they did with James Marsden for X-men, she can walk around on apple boxes.
      Or perspective shooting a la Lord of the Rings... a la Hobbits...

Apple boxes, eh? Whatever will they think of next...
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
        Apple boxes, eh? Whatever will they think of next...
        Primitive but effective.

Hehehe, latest rumours say that this seriously scary lady is a contender for the role of Wonder Woman. Nadia Bjorlin

Comment

Primitive but effective.

Hehehe, latest rumours say that this seriously scary lady is a contender for the role of Wonder Woman. Nadia Bjorlin
          Sweden!

Comment

My pick for Wonder Woman "The Lone Gunmen"s Zuleikha Robinson.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
              My pick for Wonder Woman "The Lone Gunmen"s Zuleikha Robinson.
              I vaguely remember her from Hidalgo. She might make a good WW (at least she looks like she won't break with the first gust of wind).

Comment

I vaguely remember her from Hidalgo. She might make a good WW (at least she looks like she won't break with the first gust of wind).
                In her pics there she looks quite sweet really, but the character she played in The Lone Gunmen was rather ruthless most of the time and lends toward me thinking she could do Wonder Woman justice. She looks exotic enough, a dark haired beauty, able to play a tough woman to boot.

I have heard it suggested that Gina Torres would make a good Wonder Woman. Personally I'd be happy if her or Morena (or Zeluihka ) got the role. Not many of the rumoured actresses seem like they'd be any good. Of the often suggested contenders it sounds like Charisma Carpenter and Evangeline Lily aren't likely, due to Charisma not being quite what they're looking for (well, as some have interpreted something Joss said in an interview) and Evangeline being potentially unavailable if they're doing a trilogy and she's still in Lost. In fact most suggestions seem to be for people who're technically too old for the role based on supposed criteria Joss released, including that they be 25 when it's started (the films taking 10 years to complete).

Nadia Bjorlin is rather scary looking, though I think they chose just about the worst publicity photo for the article about her. Her imdb shot is alot nicer and natural looking, making her more believable as WW, if she can act, that is.

I've seen alot of suggestions over at imdb including the Canadian actress Cobie Smulders (dark haired and wholesome looking), Eva Mendez, Rena Sofer, Julie Strain (dark haired and very tall, apparenlty had problems getting acting jobs because of her height), Maria Grazia Cucinotta, Adriana Lima (I'm not sure she's an actress particularly...), Angie Harmon, Jessica Biel, Amanda Bynes, Julianna Marguiles...

I wonder how long before they announce just who they've actually picked, if the film is scheduled 2007.

Comment

Do they have a date for when they are going to start filming?

Comment

Do they have a date for when they are going to start filming?
                    Imdb simply says 2007, for release info. Could be planned as Dec 2007? I would have thought they'd need to have started already... But then imdb isn't necessarily that accurate. The films page was last updated 6 March 2006 and the status is simply in production - with the comment: Whedon is currently writing the script. There's also the trivia about Jaime Murray (a star in "Hustle") having been invited for an audtion.

Comment

Years ago when Sandra Bullock was rumored to be WW, my favourite at the time was Catherine Zeta-Jones. Unfortunately now, she's too old for the role since they're looking for younger actresses so my choice goes to Milla Jovovich. She's 5'8, brown haired, blue eyed and she's played a lot of strong feminine type of roles to prove she can be a contender. I think her only disadvantage is that she'd need to put on weight especially in the chest area.

Comment

Originally posted by Saffron
                        Years ago when Sandra Bullock was rumored to be WW, my favourite at the time was Catherine Zeta-Jones. Unfortunately now, she's too old for the role since they're looking for younger actresses so my choice goes to Milla Jovovich. She's 5'8, brown haired, blue eyed and she's played a lot of strong feminine type of roles to prove she can be a contender. I think her only disadvantage is that she'd need to put on weight especially in the chest area.
                        I used to have a pic of Sandra Bullock in th WW costume...I'll have to see if I can dig that one up and post it!

Found it! Its attached!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by LtColCarter; 16 April 2006, 06:26 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Primitive but effective.

Out of all the people mentioned I could see her the most. But then I get pulled that she'd pull off a Cat Woman like I'd never seen....or even Black Cat. It's her eyes really....she'd play that off very well.

My sister said Lynda Carter still looks good, bring her to play the role <---can't knock the Original! I'm going for Lucy Lawless....she's the only one I can see really going toe to toe with Superman or Batman, in the comic Wonder Woman beat up Superman, I mean I can't picture any of those women doing it---except Lucy.

Not to mention Lucy has a pretty strong resume in fighting bad guys, crazy beings and evil doers. So she's my choice as the next Wonder Woman. Not to mention on the show Xena, she wasn't amazon but taught and adopted by the Amazonian women...which Wonder Woman is.

Actually now that I think about it...I would choose her to be the next She-Hulk as well....please to the Gods of Comicdom....let there finally be a She-Hulk movie...but please have the 67' flying lime green convertible, cause it wouldn't be right without it!!! And I don't mind if you make her easy like in the comics!

VB
                          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                            My sister said Lynda Carter still looks good, bring her to play the role <---can't knock the Original! I'm going for Lucy Lawless....she's the only one I can see really going toe to toe with Superman or Batman, in the comic Wonder Woman beat up Superman, I mean I can't picture any of those women doing it---except Lucy.
                            Alot of people seem to like the idea of Lucy Lawless, but sadly it's not happening. For a start apparently she's not interested in the role.

Not to mention she wouldn't fit the requirements already put out about them wanting to cast a younger unknown actress. I think they're worried about the name overwhelming the role and the problem is many people would still be thinking of her as Xena. And on the age matter it may sound odd but I believe it's because whoever they pick now has to be able to pass for 25-30 years old in 10 years time as well as now, which actually puts alot of the favourites out of the running for the role.

Of course, this is the thread for who should play the role, not who will and I have to say I can imagine Lucy being good at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                              Alot of people seem to like the idea of Lucy Lawless, but sadly it's not happening. For a start apparently she's not interested in the role.

Not to mention she wouldn't fit the requirements already put out about them wanting to cast a younger unknown actress. I think they're worried about the name overwhelming the role and the problem is many people would still be thinking of her as Xena. And on the age matter it may sound odd but I believe it's because whoever they pick now has to be able to pass for 25-30 years old in 10 years time as well as now, which actually puts alot of the favourites out of the running for the role.

Of course, this is the thread for who should play the role, not who will and I have to say I can imagine Lucy being good at it.
                              I love Xena...but Lucy's build isn't right for WW
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                                I love Xena...but Lucy's build isn't right for WW
                                Why do you say that? The real WW from the comics are pretty much LL, when we see Lynda Carter, she's like the petite version of WW, who's rather tall...she stands next and almost at the same height as Superman and Batman. She'd be perfect....and she's lithe and curvy, not narrow.

But I see where Purpelyin comes from. Well, so far I'm not too impressed by the ones named...maybe they should take a real unknown, not even in movies or on TV.

Maybe LL will want to play She-Hulk for me then!

VB
                                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Working...
                                X